Views

Users

Frequent Posters

amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: luv_sakshi

@Amrita:

A huge round of applause to you for writing such a heart melting & Touching post on Panchali & Parth!πŸ‘..I So Loved it!😊..I could actually imagine the turmoil that Draupadi may have gone thru' at different stages of her life..😭..and her mental & emotional state of mind deciphering & accepting her husbands, loving them equally & serving them with so much dedication!πŸ‘πŸΌ..Her strength & Power is truly incomparable!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..Parth was her Fav Arya..she Loved him dearly, but Parth's reactions to the things she was going thru' or him finding solace elsewhere, not bein able to accept her being divided among his Bros., must have definitely pained & pinched her too!😭..Panchali's sacrifices are immeasurable & not every woman can stay as strong as she did!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I felt every bit of Panchali's emotion when i read ur Beautiful Post!😳..Great Work!πŸ‘..And this Bit of it kind of Stirred me from inside:

The one who was suppose to hear her heart stayed mum. Honestly at that point I wanted to hold him up by his collar and demand that when you didn't care about this woman; why win her and then divide among your clan for all to enjoy?

Thank u luv_sakshi...
But I think u had already commented once before...πŸ˜†
But thanks, yet again for those kind words.
πŸ˜ƒ
shubh20 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
This is such a wonderful post..πŸ‘ though I have not read the book, I do know the story..and all the questions of the TM are in my mind too, as to what Arjun really felt for Draupadi..When it comes to epics, then there arises a lot of questions and the answers are rarely sought... and people don't question epics as it is not going to change something which has already happened and no one has witnessed it in real... and there are various authors who write differently and it becomes difficult to come to a conclusion of what the truth is.. but I seriously want to know the equation of Arjun-draupadi ..and somewhere my heart wants to hear that, "Arjun loved draupadi more than subadra"
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
wow nice post how did i miss it till now
nicely written n thought proviking.i do believe Arjun draupadi was silent love. Draupadi loved arjun the most did he love her the same? When he got her after winning her he did love her & had dreams of living his life with her. but i agree with the arguments here once she was shared he had to accept the reality & kept his feelings hidden or even managed to subdue them with time to maintain the unity between his brothers. He already knew he was her favourite so he dint want to make things more difficult

Arjun's silence has always pinched me, although deep down I do believe that he had feelings for her. Maybe, despite all love and respect for his brothers, deep down, he was unhappy about the sharing. Maybe, it was this displeasure that took the form of silence n indifference towards her, and he ended up finding solace with Subhadra, who belonged to him and only him.
@red thts a interesting point. Maybe he tried to move ahead in life & with time & fell in love with subhadra

not related to the topic. what i do not get is why did draupadi agree to marry all the 5 pandavas. Kunti must have been shocked by what she asked them to do unknowingly. but why dint she try to just take it back? why the compulsion of following what you only just said unknowingly? i do not understand kuntiπŸ˜•

--Royal-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
OMG Amrita Such a beautiful post.πŸ‘
actually whatever ppl said i believed arjun luved Panchali..but he respect his bro so much and draupadi is all 5 pandavas wife so he neva express his feelings for draupadi..."Pyaar ki sabdo ki jarurat nhi hote" this is different type of luv... i believed silent luved is more powerful than open luv 😳
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: shubh-aarambh

This is such a wonderful post..πŸ‘ though I have not read the book, I do know the story..and all the questions of the TM are in my mind too, as to what Arjun really felt for Draupadi..When it comes to epics, then there arises a lot of questions and the answers are rarely sought... and people don't question epics as it is not going to change something which has already happened and no one has witnessed it in real... and there are various authors who write differently and it becomes difficult to come to a conclusion of what the truth is.. but I seriously want to know the equation of Arjun-draupadi ..and somewhere my heart wants to hear that, "Arjun loved draupadi more than subadra"

Thank u so much...
I too am huge fan of Parth-Panchali...πŸ˜ƒ
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

wow nice post how did i miss it till now

nicely written n thought proviking.i do believe Arjun draupadi was silent love. Draupadi loved arjun the most did he love her the same? When he got her after winning her he did love her & had dreams of living his life with her. but i agree with the arguments here once she was shared he had to accept the reality & kept his feelings hidden or even managed to subdue them with time to maintain the unity between his brothers. He already knew he was her favourite so he dint want to make things more difficult

Arjun's silence has always pinched me, although deep down I do believe that he had feelings for her. Maybe, despite all love and respect for his brothers, deep down, he was unhappy about the sharing. Maybe, it was this displeasure that took the form of silence n indifference towards her, and he ended up finding solace with Subhadra, who belonged to him and only him.
@red thts a interesting point. Maybe he tried to move ahead in life & with time & fell in love with subhadra

not related to the topic. what i do not get is why did draupadi agree to marry all the 5 pandavas. Kunti must have been shocked by what she asked them to do unknowingly. but why dint she try to just take it back? why the compulsion of following what you only just said unknowingly? i do not understand kuntiπŸ˜•

Thank u so much...
As for your question, I think in those days, there was a norm to not disobey mothers.
It was probably like a crime to follow the orders of a mother, once uttered from her mouth. By today's standards, it seems stupid, but I guess at Dwapar Yug, things were different.
Anyway, most people believe that Kunti did it knowingly. She actually realized that all her sons are in love with her, so she did it to maintain their unity.
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: -abhi-pundir-

OMG Amrita Such a beautiful post.πŸ‘
actually whatever ppl said i believed arjun luved Panchali..but he respect his bro so much and draupadi is all 5 pandavas wife so he neva express his feelings for draupadi..."Pyaar ki sabdo ki jarurat nhi hote" this is different type of luv... i believed silent luved is more powerful than open luv 😳

Thank u so much...😊
I actually loved wat u said...Silent love is more powerful than open love...Clap
LiveYourDream thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I guess it is catch time for me with all these wonderful OSs
Yet another brilliant piece of writing. I will start my comments with a quote by Ann Landers:

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.

Even though Arjuna and Draupadi did not start out by being friends first, they did become friends. Their shared sacrifices for the sake of Dharma, the constant presence of the Almighty in their lives made their love much much more than the conventional one. Their love was probably on such a higher plane that it is difficult for regular people like us to understand. I would equate it to the love of Radha-Krishna. But in their case their lives went through so much upheaval that their quiet love was lost to us in the midst of all the other big events that happened.

I will end with another quote, this time by Lao Tzu:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

And both Draupadi and Arjuna had both Strength and Courage!
(I remember Krishna alluding to something like this when he blesses Draupadi after her wedding to the Pandavas)

amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: LiveYourDream

I guess it is catch time for me with all these wonderful OSs
Yet another brilliant piece of writing. I will start my comments with a quote by Ann Landers:

Love
is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual
confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad
times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for
human weaknesses.

Even though Arjuna and Draupadi did not start out by being friends first, they did become friends. Their shared sacrifices for the sake of Dharma, the constant presence of the Almighty in their lives made their love much much more than the conventional one. Their love was probably on such a higher plane that it is difficult for regular people like us to understand. I would equate it to the love of Radha-Krishna. But in their case their lives went through so much upheaval that their quiet love was lost to us in the midst of all the other big events that happened.

I will end with another quote, this time by Lao Tzu:

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.

And both Draupadi and Arjuna had both Strength and Courage!
(I remember Krishna alluding to something like this when he blesses Draupadi after her wedding to the Pandavas)
<a href="http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/l/lao_tzu.html"></a>

Beautiful comment... πŸ‘

Thank u for appreciating my work...
Well Arjun n Draupadi were lovers on a different level n i too would want to believe that.
What could have been tge greatest love story of our history was torn apart by selfish motives n destiny...

However despite all this there r people like u n me who swear by the love between these two people n i guess that is the magic of Parth-Panchali's forbidden love story...

As much as i love their pairing, Arjun's silence on certain occasions pierces my heart as a die-hard Draupadi fan...
This writing is all about that...

Thank u for commenting... 😊
subhadra14 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Wow! Brilliant Analysis Ms. AmritaπŸ‘
I am new to IF and read this for the first time. It was really amazing. Never thought anyone could bring out the infrangible bond between Arjun and Draupadi so beautifully.
Thanks a lot for it.