Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngelinaEdangel thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
How did i miss this post!!! I have always been an ArDi fan!! To me it was Arjun and Drau who fell in love with each other first and the rest came later!!! so they will always be the first love for each other!! In todays world i cant imagine sharing a husband or a wife!! Even today when i see the epi where Arjun brings Subhadhra, i get angry on Arjun, Madhav and Subhadhra!! All the three know how bad Drau will feel and still they did what they did!!! But i think thats because of our Kalyug minds!!
In those days love was something different!! To me Arjun loved Drau and Drau loved Arjun and whether they loved each other the 'most' is something only they both can answer!! But to what we have read through the perceptions of different people n books i think they both loved each other in a very silent, subtle kind of way!! They both are made for each other!! Its the outcome of 3 Krishna's and they have a love that is beyond human understanding!! Draupadi, Arjun and Madhav are interconnected with each other in a way that they love each other so much, the dedication, understanding, love and respect shared by these 3 are unexplainable!! So based on this i would say that Drau and Arjun were soul mates who understands each n every need of the other without vocalizing it!! Just smallest of actions are more than enough!!

Doesnt it hold good even today that we all are attracted by even a small special gesture made exclusively for us by our loved ones!!! When our loved ones even give us a small cup of tea when we are tired and without we asking for it, dont we all feel very special?? Arjun and Drau's love is something like that!! and their special connection with Madhav is the best proof for it also!!

sorry for my rantings!! just that when it comes to ArDi i go crazyπŸ˜†
rink80 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Very nice post. Arjun Draupadi love seen from different angels. For me, Arjun and Draupadi fell in love with each other at first sight and the rest comes later. That's just my feelings but who know the real truth.
Meself thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What I simply fail to understand is the fact that how can someone be all this selfless. Draupadi's entire life went away in giving. First she gave her rights away, then her heart and finally she even laid down her soul only to strengthen the bond that Pandavas had and to strengthen the Kuru clan that was drenched in muck by the time she arrived.
As a girl I can't wrap my head around the fact that every single time she is put to test and scrutiny. Why should it be so? So nicely and plainly people put up their say that "Oh look she had five husbands to enjoy!" Why can't they see through the trauma that she must live through everyday? A property that is enjoyed by all in reality has no status; no identity of its own. Draupadi till date suffers the curse! Only because she was giving, everything out of her was asked for or forcefully snatched away. All the five of them had their own wives to spend their private moments with. Think what must go through her. At first her flesh was divided among five, then her heart and then very soul...and sadly she didn't belong to any!

Publicly molested and avenged by none; yet she stands by her husbands who had nothing to give her in return. Bhima indeed avenged her misery but wasn't that more of the fact that he already had a burning rivalry against the Kauravas? Yudisthir staked her, Nakul-Sahdev shed a few tears for her and Arjun?The one who was suppose to hear her heart stayed mum. Honestly at that point I wanted to hold him up by his collar and demand that when you didn't care about this woman; why win her and then divide among your clan for all to enjoy?

About others I can't say but Arjun had won her, he was the one bestowed with the precious-one known as Draupadi! Why couldn't he take care of her the way she did? This is a woman wronged by all her loved ones and yet forgives them all! And again the so called great men take it for granted.

Sorry for dragging it to such extremes but it really saddens the soul!! A beautiful post by the way!!
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Lovely post Amritat. πŸ‘πŸ‘
It may sound funny but when I joined forum, while I knew almost all stories related to male heroes of MB, I hardly paid any heed to women force. The forum expanded my view and for the first time I got interested in Kunti/Gandhari/Drua/Subhi etc, trying to understand their POV , their feelings.
While not losing my sleep over it.. but I did wonder whom this enigmatic lady loved the most. Your compilation and cogent arguments show great love Drau possessed for Arjuna while Arjuna does not seem to reciprocate in equal measure.
And yes, thanks for pointing out.. how he emoted at Abhi's death but not at other's. May be loved him more because he was the best like his father or may be Subhi was his favorite wife.. One thing is clear Arjuna was not a stoic person and could emote when necessary. Hence his silence in many said incidents is baffling indeed.
Thanks Amritat for wonderful analysis, keeping it open ended, inviting readers to draw their own conclusions based on citations. β­οΈπŸ‘
amritat thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: harangel

How did i miss this post!!! I have always been an ArDi fan!! To me it was Arjun and Drau who fell in love with each other first and the rest came later!!! so they will always be the first love for each other!! In todays world i cant imagine sharing a husband or a wife!! Even today when i see the epi where Arjun brings Subhadhra, i get angry on Arjun, Madhav and Subhadhra!! All the three know how bad Drau will feel and still they did what they did!!! But i think thats because of our Kalyug minds!!

In those days love was something different!! To me Arjun loved Drau and Drau loved Arjun and whether they loved each other the 'most' is something only they both can answer!! But to what we have read through the perceptions of different people n books i think they both loved each other in a very silent, subtle kind of way!! They both are made for each other!! Its the outcome of 3 Krishna's and they have a love that is beyond human understanding!! Draupadi, Arjun and Madhav are interconnected with each other in a way that they love each other so much, the dedication, understanding, love and respect shared by these 3 are unexplainable!! So based on this i would say that Drau and Arjun were soul mates who understands each n every need of the other without vocalizing it!! Just smallest of actions are more than enough!!

Doesnt it hold good even today that we all are attracted by even a small special gesture made exclusively for us by our loved ones!!! When our loved ones even give us a small cup of tea when we are tired and without we asking for it, dont we all feel very special?? Arjun and Drau's love is something like that!! and their special connection with Madhav is the best proof for it also!!

sorry for my rantings!! just that when it comes to ArDi i go crazyπŸ˜†

Trust me, I am a HUGE fan of Parth-Panchali n am just as crazy as u r about them dear...πŸ˜†
And I do believe with all my heart that Arjun did have feelings for Draupadi.
However, I wanted to make a post, keeping aside all my emotions and favouritism, and wanted to focus on facts, given in the epic.
And yes, there was a special connection between the Parth-Panchali-Madhav...😳
Anyway, thanks for commenting, and I don't mind the rantings, as long as they are pro-ArDi. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: rink80

Very nice post. Arjun Draupadi love seen from different angels. For me, Arjun and Draupadi fell in love with each other at first sight and the rest comes later. That's just my feelings but who know the real truth.

Thank u so much. 😊
Yes, I too believe that they were each other's first love. 😊
amritat thumbnail

What I simply fail to understand is the fact that how can someone be all this selfless. Draupadi's entire life went away in giving. First she gave her rights away, then her heart and finally she even laid down her soul only to strengthen the bond that Pandavas had and to strengthen the Kuru clan that was drenched in muck by the time she arrived.

Yes, Draupadi did go through a lot. I, honestly, despite being a huge fan of her, won't call her a "Sacrificial Figure", but still yes, her life was tough. She went through the worst moments, that a woman can ever go through. Being objectified, being molested twice, having to share her husbands with other women(which I feel is very tough), losing her father, brothers, sons...She had seen it all.

As a girl I can't wrap my head around the fact that every single time she is put to test and scrutiny. Why should it be so? So nicely and plainly people put up their say that "Oh look she had five husbands to enjoy!" Why can't they see through the trauma that she must live through everyday? A property that is enjoyed by all in reality has no status; no identity of its own. Draupadi till date suffers the curse! Only because she was giving, everything out of her was asked for or forcefully snatched away. All the five of them had their own wives to spend their private moments with. Think what must go through her. At first her flesh was divided among five, then her heart and then very soul...and sadly she didn't belong to any!
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
I so agree. Many people claim that she always lived with her husbands, she had 5 men to take care of, etc, etc. Such people DO NOT understand the true heart of a woman.
One man is enough for a woman, if he can commit himself to her forever. That is y, I guess, for thousands of years, women have remained monogamous, while Kings n princes have wandered around n gathered multiple wives.
I know, that exceptional women do exist, but for a normal woman, one complete and committed man is enough.
And yes, she had some advantages of having 5 husbands. But this polyandry brought her more pain than "enjoyment".
Firstly, she had reservations. She could not stay with whichever husband she wanted to, anytime...However, her husbands could live with any wife they wanted.
Draupadi could have Arjun only for once in 5 years. But even in that one year, Arjun could spend time with both Draupadi n Subhadra, coz he had no One-Year rule to follow. Now, this seems very easy, but I am sure, it was not that easy for Draupadi. Losing virginity every year, giving birth to all their children n doing her duty to all 5 wasn't easy.
In those day, a wife had to do a lot more for her husband. She had to care of 5.
So, it was certainly not "enjoyment" for her.
She had 5 men, but she none exclusively.
Publicly molested and avenged by none; yet she stands by her husbands who had nothing to give her in return. Bhima indeed avenged her misery but wasn't that more of the fact that he already had a burning rivalry against the Kauravas? Yudisthir staked her, Nakul-Sahdev shed a few tears for her and Arjun?The one who was suppose to hear her heart stayed mum. Honestly at that point I wanted to hold him up by his collar and demand that when you didn't care about this woman; why win her and then divide among your clan for all to enjoy?
Well, Arjun is difficult to comprehend. I don't know, y he was so silent on those occasions.

About others I can't say but Arjun had won her, he was the one bestowed with the precious-one known as Draupadi! Why couldn't he take care of her the way she did? This is a woman wronged by all her loved ones and yet forgives them all! And again the so called great men take it for granted.
Yes, so true. But I guess, Arjun too could not accept the sharing whole-heartedly, and so found solace elsewhere.

Sorry for dragging it to such extremes but it really saddens the soul!! A beautiful post by the way!!
Thank u so much, and it's alright. πŸ˜ƒ
Thanks for commenting. It's great to talk to people, who feel for Draupadi just as much as I do. 😊
amritat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Lovely post Amritat. πŸ‘πŸ‘

It may sound funny but when I joined forum, while I knew almost all stories related to male heroes of MB, I hardly paid any heed to women force. The forum expanded my view and for the first time I got interested in Kunti/Gandhari/Drua/Subhi etc, trying to understand their POV , their feelings.
While not losing my sleep over it.. but I did wonder whom this enigmatic lady loved the most. Your compilation and cogent arguments show great love Drau possessed for Arjuna while Arjuna does not seem to reciprocate in equal measure.
And yes, thanks for pointing out.. how he emoted at Abhi's death but not at other's. May be loved him more because he was the best like his father or may be Subhi was his favorite wife.. One thing is clear Arjuna was not a stoic person and could emote when necessary. Hence his silence in many said incidents is baffling indeed.
Thanks Amritat for wonderful analysis, keeping it open ended, inviting readers to draw their own conclusions based on citations. β­οΈπŸ‘

Thank u so much Cotswolds. Means a lot...coming from u, since u are a great writer yourself.
Well, I guess being a woman, and since I call myself, a wannabe feminist πŸ˜†( which Anu disagrees with, as she thinks I'm a complete feminist πŸ˜†), I always related to the women of the epic more.
And yes, sometimes I really lose my sleep when I see people bashing Draupadi, for all the wrong reasons. πŸ˜†
Arjun's silence has always pinched me, although deep down I do believe that he had feelings for her. Maybe, despite all love and respect for his brothers, deep down, he was unhappy about the sharing. Maybe, it was this displeasure that took the form of silence n indifference towards her, and he ended up finding solace with Subhadra, who belonged to him and only him.
I guess, even men can get insecure, when it comes to their love life.
And I believe, that at some level, every person, be it a man or woman, wants to love and be loved by someone, exclusively.
Thanks again for commenting. Keeping in mind the debacle that took place in my previous thread on Karna(hope u remember it πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†), this time, I thought of keeping it open-ended, without drawing any conclusions.
I have just stated the facts, as they were in the epic...the rest is for the readers to decide. 😊
By the way, my name is Amrita, not Amritat. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Edited by amritat - 10 years ago
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: amritat

Well, I guess being a woman, and since I call myself, a wannabe feminist πŸ˜†( which Anu disagrees with, as she thinks I'm a complete feminist πŸ˜†), I always related to the women of the epic more.
Here I agree with Anu.. You are indeed a complete feminist based on your posts.πŸ˜†

Arjun's silence has always pinched me, although deep down I do believe that he had feelings for her. Maybe, despite all love and respect for his brothers, deep down, he was unhappy about the sharing. Maybe, it was this displeasure that took the form of silence n indifference towards her, and he ended up finding solace with Subhadra, who belonged to him and only him.
I guess, even men can get insecure, when it comes to their love life.
And I believe, that at some level, every person, be it a man or woman, wants to love and be loved by someone, exclusively.
Thats very interesting thought. πŸ‘β­οΈ

By the way, my name is Amrita, not Amritat. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Noted Amrita.. πŸ˜†

Word Count: 1

luv_sakshi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
@Amrita:
A huge round of applause to you for writing such a heart melting & Touching post on Panchali & Parth!πŸ‘..I So Loved it!😊..I could actually imagine the turmoil that Draupadi may have gone thru' at different stages of her life..😭..and her mental & emotional state of mind deciphering & accepting her husbands, loving them equally & serving them with so much dedication!πŸ‘πŸΌ..Her strength & Power is truly incomparable!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘..Parth was her Fav Arya..she Loved him dearly, but Parth's reactions to the things she was going thru' or him finding solace elsewhere, not bein able to accept her being divided among his Bros., must have definitely pained & pinched her too!😭..Panchali's sacrifices are immeasurable & not every woman can stay as strong as she did!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

I felt every bit of Panchali's emotion when i read ur Beautiful Post!😳..Great Work!πŸ‘..And this Bit of it kind of Stirred me from inside:

The one who was suppose to hear her heart stayed mum. Honestly at that point I wanted to hold him up by his collar and demand that when you didn't care about this woman; why win her and then divide among your clan for all to enjoy?