Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jaf21 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
devi is doing well then kashi i think ! not sure n kashi n jamuniya r to go off air by 25th !! n joyti might not go off air since its getting a high trps now days unless thhey bring in crap track n it is said that palkon ki chhaon will go off air when raktsambhan is ready to come on air!
SIKinLoVE thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
that's it??? next week????? what a way to start a great show and then end it like a blooper
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I agree! This show is so good and different! They hardly gave it a chance. I really have a feeling that Devi is doing worse than it, so why don't they cancel that show? It's sad because this was one of my favorite shows on the channel!
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think Kashi might have done better in TRPs had they done the following:
  • Run the story up to the point where kid Shauriya left the village
  • Actually show Kashi grow up gradually, and not only excel in studies herself, but also help her friends, including Vijayanthi, excel as well
  • Slowly reform Dhruv to the point where he starts liking, and then loving Kashi, while @ the same time doing well in school too
  • That way, the educational underpinnings of the show would have stayed intact. Also, Kashi's success would also have helped erode some, though not all, caste barriers
  • To lend the romance angle, show the romance of Urmila & Nandu, who had the potential to be quite a cute couple, for TRPs sake
  • In the meantime, show Vijayanthi & Shauriya get closer, while Kashi warms up to Dhruv
  • Have a grown up Dhruv take more interest in Kashi's work, and have a romance grow b/w the 2
  • Throw in whatever twists one wants. Oh, and let Shauriya's mom remain the villain
That way, the original theme of the show would have stayed intact, while @ every point, there would have been a romantic sideshow to keep interest alive. Oh, and lose those messages @ the start/end of episodes - those were, sorry to say, smacking of condescension.

I think w/ a plot like the above, the show may have done better.
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Kashi to end next week

Film Farm's Kashi is shutting shop on June 25. The show had recently taken a 10-year leap and had brought in new actors. Kashi was launched three months back, but could not fetch good TRPs prompting the channel to pull it off.

Our source from the show says, "There was talk about the show being pulled off for a long time now. The leap was one of the measures to boost ratings. Unfortunately it could garner only 0.2 so now it is going off air and next Friday is our last telecast."

Pintoo Guha of Film Farm says, "Yes 25th is the last day of the show, but the channel will explain better why they had to end it."

Melanie Pais who had just bagged the lead role of Kashi says, "I am a bit upset as we had just entered the show and now it is winding up. They should have given us a chance to perform; I do not know whether the production house was aware about this before or not because they never told us it is going off air. Right now the creative team is working on the script and will decide to end it logically. After this show I will once again look for work."

It is said that the track will end with Shaurya and Kashi ending up together.

Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Originally posted by: PiaSengupta2010

Kashi to end next week

Film Farm's Kashi is shutting shop on June 25. The show had recently taken a 10-year leap and had brought in new actors. Kashi was launched three months back, but could not fetch good TRPs prompting the channel to pull it off.

Our source from the show says, "There was talk about the show being pulled off for a long time now. The leap was one of the measures to boost ratings. Unfortunately it could garner only 0.2 so now it is going off air and next Friday is our last telecast."

Pintoo Guha of Film Farm says, "Yes 25th is the last day of the show, but the channel will explain better why they had to end it."

Melanie Pais who had just bagged the lead role of Kashi says, "I am a bit upset as we had just entered the show and now it is winding up. They should have given us a chance to perform; I do not know whether the production house was aware about this before or not because they never told us it is going off air. Right now the creative team is working on the script and will decide to end it logically. After this show I will once again look for work."

It is said that the track will end with Shaurya and Kashi ending up together.

But I don't know who is that in the above Picture with Jannat..SO SAD ...such a great show
Vr15h thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Well, despite Kashi & Shauriya ending up together, Kashi won't be like Uttaran, and we don't get to see her being ill-treated by her saas
tulipbaby53 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vrisha

I think Kashi might have done better in TRPs had they done the following:

Run the story up to the point where kid Shauriya left the village Actually show Kashi grow up gradually, and not only excel in studies herself, but also help her friends, including Vijayanthi, excel as well Slowly reform Dhruv to the point where he starts liking, and then loving Kashi, while @ the same time doing well in school too That way, the educational underpinnings of the show would have stayed intact. Also, Kashi's success would also have helped erode some, though not all, caste barriers
    To lend the romance angle, show the romance of Urmila & Nandu, who had the potential to be quite a cute couple, for TRPs sake In the meantime, show Vijayanthi & Shauriya get closer, while Kashi warms up to Dhruv Have a grown up Dhruv take more interest in Kashi's work, and have a romance grow b/w the 2
  • Throw in whatever twists one wants. Oh, and let Shauriya's mom remain the villain
That way, the original theme of the show would have stayed intact, while @ every point, there would have been a romantic sideshow to keep interest alive. Oh, and lose those messages @ the start/end of episodes - those were, sorry to say, smacking of condescension.

I think w/ a plot like the above, the show may have done better.

I agree with a lot of what you said above. I agree that Nandu-Urmila romance would have been nice to see. Also, the show did stray away from the orginal topic of education. I actually kind of liked those lines at the end of the show because it showed people that what was wrong in their own world. Lots of times we know things like this happen in real life, but a catchy line like the ones they put in the end stick in our heads.
I agree that they should have gradually shown Kashi growing up, but I actually like Kashi-Shaurya. 😆
I'm not trying to be mean, but I think that the main reason this show didn't do well it because not a lot of people care about changing their thinking and watching shows that show them what is going wrong in their own country.
I also think if this aired on Zee TV or Star Plus, it would have done really well!
Pirated_Fun thumbnail

Originally posted by: tulipbaby53

I agree with a lot of what you said above. I agree that Nandu-Urmila romance would have been nice to see. Also, the show did stray away from the orginal topic of education. I actually kind of liked those lines at the end of the show because it showed people that what was wrong in their own world. Lots of times we know things like this happen in real life, but a catchy line like the ones they put in the end stick in our heads.
I agree that they should have gradually shown Kashi growing up, but I actually like Kashi-Shaurya. 😆
I'm not trying to be mean, but I think that the main reason this show didn't do well it because not a lot of people care about changing their thinking and watching shows that show them what is going wrong in their own country.
I also think if this aired on Zee TV or Star Plus, it would have done really well!

I completely agree with you . None of Imagine's show had ever come in Top 10 or Top 20 shows.None of the show is doing good , so they should have given Kashi a chance after leap
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Yeah, the only show that's really doing well for Imagine is Bandini