Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vmanoh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: lghosh

Lana - Looks like you found the Frozen Niagara Pics. Sheraton Hotel has the best view or if you go up on the Skylon Tower to get an arial view.

If you remember the yellow raincoat then you must have done the 'behind the falls' view. It is such a thrilling feeling to know 1/5 th of the worlds fresh water is roaring above you when you are in the tunnel that brings you right behind the cascading water.

The view as you mentioned is better from the Canadian side as it captures all 3 falls perfectly whereas the US side only get's a partial view unless you are down below on the boat ( getting drenched ) - Maid of the Mist.

My next venture there is to see if I can muster courage to do the new Zip line they have introduced recently. πŸ˜†

Lavanya - As Lana noted as well it's best to view from the Canadian Side. If ever you plan to come by let me know πŸ˜ƒ .

Edited by Vmanoh - 6 years ago

Vmanoh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: binduprasad41

Momos with vegetable soup for you all...😳

Looks Yummy BinduP - πŸ˜ƒ Thanks for sending it our way !!!

Check this page Bindu - You will see more 'PomPom' creations 😊

http://www.coolcrafts.com/pom-pom-crafts/

Originally posted by: lashy

You're right it's similar to kozhukattai (Tamil)

Lashy's mention of Kozhukattai reminded me of the ones made for a baby's first teething ceremony - rice flour steamed with sweet stuffing !!!

Time to say my Good Night folks. Have a great day !!!!
Edited by Vmanoh - 6 years ago
Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Vmanoh

My next venture there is to see if I can muster courage to do the new Zip line they have introduced recently. πŸ˜†

Good night, Vathsy! 😲
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Good morning Banjaras and BaisasπŸ€—
binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: neepobithi

@ Bindup

I see your fingers can create magic not only in the kitchen but also in the crafts room.
How I wish I could pleat momos this perfectly! No matter how hard I try I can never bring myself to pleat them this way.

Thank you Anandita di 😳

Originally posted by: Vmanoh

Thank you Vasthy di and double thank you for the link also.
I will check it.😳

Omg
It looks scary 😲

Good night ! 😳

binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Good morning Banjaras and BaisasπŸ€—

Kal di, Chellam πŸ€—

Don't stress for the update .
Take care of yourself 😳
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: lghosh

Frozen Niagara Falls!

Image result for frozen niagara falls

Beautiful Lana... I could sense your fascination with the scenes from the way you've outlined it!
I've seen the Niagra.. though it was a little 'rushed'. Also, we missed the last maid of the mist ride... 😭 for the day... and the Rose... right up Rosejaan's alley? πŸ˜‰
As for the anagrams, it was only the first time that I put up sentences.. since I wasn't aware of how it's done😊. After that, I've only used words... but I guess it's best left to the experts to conduct this hereafter...

@ Bindup
Btw, I was quite surprised that you have just momos for dinner. Is it also had with rice or roti then?πŸ€” and what better compliment for your momos than an IT expert saying that it has been photoshopped! πŸ˜‰

@ Lavanya... waiting for the return of the Ajnabee!

@ Mitu - No don't worry... I wouldn't cut out much of the update... waise bhi it's a 10,000 worder! πŸ˜† I just hope readers don't fall asleep midway!
And I agree with you... if only Bindup had made herself shown during the NJAPA days... 😑

@ Chellam - stop being greedy for awards... a mistake is a mistake! You Cookie and Periyamma have already won awards... poor me, Sandy and Lana have been exempted from it for no fault of ours whatsoever!😭

@ Vathsy - This was just so so so so sweet!
Wishing you all the best on your zip-line adventure - when it's meant to happen!
And I must confess, I've never seen anything like this
What are those white things sticking out? Coconut? Is it meant to remind parents of baby's teeth? πŸ˜²πŸ€”
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: neepobithi

@ Lashy

Neepobithi is at the threshold of her teens.So she understands a little more of everything and a little less of something πŸ˜‰.She is not reading HBAS for obvious reasons but she knows the story line to the extent that she specifically wants her candle stand to be placed on AMK's bedside table πŸ˜†.And Lana when it comes to HBAS mommy and dotty has their joint drooling and drilling sessions πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.She knows about Kuki jijisa and Azeez jijusa and Kuki's
collection of daggers and her ability to hurl them with the precision that she's capable of often leaves her in splits.

Bindu's assassin outfit is also something that had caught her fancy.She also tries to keep herself updated about Baby and Babloo's multispeciality hospital.

And last but not the least thank you girls for praising my little big girl.

This post made me smile and giggle at the same time. Never thought she'd know about the significance of the bedside lantern too! πŸ˜† I used to do these serial discussions (whatever was the flavour of the season) with my mom when she used to stay here on these extended trips when my kiddos were born.. we used to joke about a lot... right from scolding the vamps to drooling on the hunks together... so, I can resonate
So cute... gosh... would love to hear from her about her HBAS experiences in her own words one day!
lashy thumbnail

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

Grandma wins Star Pupil award.
Related image

( Baby Sarasa and Bablookutty have a serious discussion. They are are concerned about their grandma'a strange behavior.)
hayooo why Periyamma again in strange behaviour mode? πŸ˜†
Babloo: 'kka..I don't understand grandma...She is writing something always..
Baby: Babloo.. she is not writing.. she is drawing..
Babloo: No.. she said that she is writing 'lphabets.. 'kka, didn't grandma learn how to write A,B,C,D ? Didn't she go to school?
>>> πŸ˜­πŸ˜†

Baby: No Babloo..She must have gone to school when she was little..
Babloo: What? I didn't know that grandma was little..
>>> this is just so so cute! 🀣
Baby: You silly boy.. all grown ups were little once..
Babloo: Then she must have forgotten the alphabets ...That's why she goes to school now..
Baby: May be.. She takes a big school bag.. She must be having note books and pens..
Babloo: Baby'kka.. I know what she is having in her bag.. She has ink bottle, nibs, 'raser, colour pencil, scissors and so many other things.. glue stick also...How come she is 'llowed to take scissors? In my school they don't 'llow us to bring scissors..
Baby: Hey Babloo.. only in the kindy class, they don't allow the kids to bring scissors..
Babloo: Then grandma must be in first standard.
Baby: But ...Babloo,..I heard grandma telling someone that she is going to the class for 5 years..
Babloo: But why is she still writing A B C D?πŸ˜• Baby'kka...Did she fail in her class? Is she still in the same class? Shall I ask her?
>>>πŸ˜† Hayooo Ramachandra!
Baby: No Bablookutty..Don't ask her.. Poor grandma! she will feel bad..
>>> 🀣 THIS WAS THE LINE OF THE EPISODE! HILARIOUS...
( Grandma comes there looking at her Tablet, smiling..)

G'ma: Hi kiddoos.. Do you know the news? I have been given the star pupil award..πŸ˜ƒ
Baby: Who gave the award grandma?
G'ma: It is Rose, our Teacher..
Babloo: Is your teacher's name Rose grandma?
G'ma: Yes..
Babloo: So grandma, you have passed first standard and going to second standard.. You need not write A B C D anymore.. You can write big words like Shyamala aunty.πŸ‘πŸ‘
G'ma: πŸ˜•πŸ˜²β“
oh em gee... whenever I see grandma's face go "πŸ˜•" it makes me go 🀣

Word Count: 1

Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@ Chellam - stop being greedy for awards...
>>> And see who's saying that?? 😑 The very person saved her awards first than saving her friend.. πŸ˜†

What are those white things sticking out? Coconut? Is it meant to remind parents of baby's teeth? πŸ˜²πŸ€”
>>>Yes it's pieces of coconut. Nothing significance as far as I know but to resemble the teeth that is being celebrated and to say many more to come.. πŸ˜†

Edited by Kalgi22 - 6 years ago