Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jiya.k thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Good Evening baisas & sahibas..

Begum Rose Jaan Sahiba.. 🤗

Badamwari Srinagar Kashmir...

After long time get time to come here in btw work but now again work is calling...
Bye bye girls..
C u soon..

Pic credit Kashmir photography..

roseraja1915 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

He fell, fell to the ground
Nobody took notice of the injured soldier
He screamed from the pain growing in his shoulder
Nobody realized the pain he would suffer
Trampling feet and screams grew monotonous
The injured soldier tried to ignore the pain that was so venomous

He made a decision for himself
If he was to survive he'd have to help himself
Nobody was going to come to his aid
Not when each one was looking out for their own head.

He winced in pain as he got to his feet
He wouldn't give up now, not when he still had an errand to meet
His shoulder cried out to him in vain
He had already chose to ignore the pain.

He took his spirits up
He adjusted his helmet and refused to give up
He would keep fighting till the war is over
Each soldier fighting for their country, their home and their master

It's the choices we make
And the chances we take
That set us apart
Only when, of course, the decision is made from the heart.

[Inspiration from the poem "The Injured Soldier" ]

KK.

What a magnificent choice of a poem for the teaser, Periyamma! 👏 👏 👏

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

Haikus:

Suspense filled Teaser
Picture looks very powerful
Sending Bond in tears..

KK.

So, tearful for Bond!😭

Originally posted by: lghosh

Selvi loved the gif!! So crystal clear! 😃👏

From its glacial abode down comes the tumbling cascade,
Snowy peaks bid adieu to the milky fall after trying to persuade-
For it to stay back with the childhood friends in the tall ranges,
But the cataract gushes out gurglingly without any plan changes!
Across the layers of steps, descending the mountain, it flows to its fate,
Passing greenery and cities, it flows to the sea, leaving a story to narrate!

Selvi- what can be more soothing than scenes of water merrily making its way down rocky steps? 👏

Lana- superb lines that follow the course of the streams immaculately! 👏

Bindup, Jiya- the GM quotes were 👍🏼

Jiya- the gifs were too good!⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ 😉

Rekha- welcome, Sahiba. Be here more often and you will figure us out in no time!😆 🤗

Edited by roseraja1915 - 6 years ago
lashy thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Vmanoh

Lana - TFS for the pic's you posted from Anindita in the last thread & the in depth write up on Shehzade / AMK. A dark character always has many shades and they always camouflage the lighter shades they possess and rarely let them show up. You brought out some of if from both of them. 👍🏼

Vathsy... I think since you came towards the later threads, you missed out on a few good discussions about the Shehzaade.

The Shehzaade

Shehzaade is a character inspired from 'Aurangazeb' - though I never take his name to keep out any kind of trouble (and so I can keep the 'fictional' feel of the story)
But the traits that you see in AMK - are not conjured up by me. Rather an inspiration from having read up on Aurangazeb himself.

Aurangazeb (the Shehzaade) was a cruel man. A fanatic, who reversed everything that his great grandfather - Emperor Akbar had worked for.
He was a man who murdered his own brother (Dara Shikoh, who challenged him to the throne) to gain accession, and had his brother's cut head paraded all along Delhi streets for the crowds to witness. He was a man who imprisoned his ageing father and gave him & his carers no water till he relented power over the throne. Yes, ruthless he was.

At the same time, he was a simple man, who did not believe in excesses of any sort. A sister of his who'd saved his life (by outing another brother's assassination plans) was treated specially till the end. She was quite a cruel unstable character but her mistakes were repeatedly forgiven because she'd saved his life. He was partial to his loyalists but ruthless towards rebels!

He believed that any sort of temptation was wrong (Hukkah, Drink, Women, Gambling) and set out to ban all those dens that'd become quite rampant during his opium-addicted grand-father's rule. He lived like a simple man. Ate simple food. He didn't loot the treasury for personal means and yet ended up emptying it in his endless quest for expansion. He banned most Hindu festivals & destroyed a few famous temples - yet, he had many powerful Rajputs in his court too. He is also known to have been enamoured by the valour of a Rajput prince he met once in battlefield.

He was devoted to his wife. Respected her. He saw how his father's love for his mother (the famous Mumtaz Mahal-Shah Jahan love story) ended up costing his mother her life (she repeatedly became pregnant year after year and when her body could take the strain no more, she died in childbirth.) So, he ensured his own wife had enough time between children.
It was only once he was swayed by love (and the name of the girl was Hira - his own uncle's slave girl) For a year he was smitten by Hira till she died of a disease and it is said he became even more hardened thereafter, than he was before.
(There is a vague reference in HBAS where Shehzaade refers to love, I think?)

Yes, he is quite a difficult person to understand. With two DISTINCT sides. And I can see both, the AMKs and the Khalils having served under him. 😊

Eventually, Aurangazeb's tyranny was too much to bear. The manner in which he put an end to some of the Maratha warriors and the Sikh warriors is too terrible to even pen here.
But it was the very letter from a Sikh Guru - who claimed moral victory over him - despite having lost all of his own sons and family to the ruthless armies of Aurangazeb, that ended up completely demoralising the Emperor Aurangazeb.
In the end he died alone, an old man, regretting his actions, and knowing he'd led the Mughal Empire to ruin.

Edited by lashy - 6 years ago
roseraja1915 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jiya.k

Good Morning/Good Afternoon/Good Evening baisas & sahibas..

Begum Rose Jaan Sahiba.. 🤗

Badamwari Srinagar Kashmir...

After long time get time to come here in btw work but now again work is calling...
Bye bye girls..
C u soon..

Pic credit Kashmir photography..

🤗 What a scenery!
And you brought so many lovely gifts, too. Thank you, Jiya Sahiba!🤗

Lashy Sahiba, C45 is at the threshold of a century and I can surely count on one Sahiba's like for a century celebration and that person is none other than Harshu. I PMed her about it and she replied that she did hit like but her like button was not working.😭 😕

Do you think other readers are facing the same technical problem where their hits are not registered ? What could possibly be the reason for it? Harshu's like for C46 isn't there, too.😭

Edited by roseraja1915 - 6 years ago
Kalgi22 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: roseraja1915

Lashy Sahiba, C45 is at the threshold of a century and I can surely count on one Sahiba's like for a century celebration and that person is none other than Harshu. I PMed her about it and she replied that she did hit like but her like button was not working.😭 😕

Do you think other readers are facing the same technical problem where their hits are not registered ? What could possibly be the reason for it? Harshu's like for C46 isn't there, too.😭

One reason is slowness of internet connection..
roseraja1915 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalgi22

One reason is slowness of internet connection..

Oh ok. But it has been some days now.😊

Harshu said she would try again using her laptop yesterday but still no change.😔

binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Harshu said she would try again using her laptop yesterday but still no change.😔

😔

You know Rose , that's really sweet of you.😳
We are lucky to have you here.🤗
lashy thumbnail

That really is SUPER SUPER SUPER SUPER sweet of you! 🤗
Edited by lashy - 6 years ago
lashy thumbnail

Lashy Sahiba, Bindup and I were the lucky ones who were around when C47 teaser was posted.

I saw it just before logging off. Couldn't post a suda suda response because it was already quite late .😭

>>>🤗

Mercifully, I was able to get a good night's sleep without counting sheep. 😃

Why? Because it is always darkest before dawn. All of Khan Sahib's men are fighters - they are not defeatists.

👍🏼

So, even though the teaser picture was grim and cold and dark with arrows ( not one but 2 how could you, dear author ?)

😭 It wasn't me

stuck in Sayyid's back ,with him just barely hanging on , I am confident that he will come through for his Boss and for the thousands of lives dependent on his surviving this ordeal for their survival.

So beautifully said!

It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light ( Aristotle) - he will focus and he will see that light that will take him to his Sahib. I have that much confidence in him and in our darling writer. 😳

Gosh!👏

And what the Baisas can do at our end is to rally around Bindu to give her comfort during this difficult time . Bindu, have faith in your Sahib- he will make you very ,very proud- just watch!🤗

Double thumbs-up for the teaser picture, Lashy Sahiba! Excellent edit!👏 👏👍🏼 👍🏼

Thank you so so much Rose... was WAITINGGG to hear your take on it!

Word Count: 1

selvi1275 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Awww... Is that Rose Sahiba...