Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Unbeknown thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: lghosh

She knew she was caught and yet she was not embarrassed but was happy enough to let him know that she enjoyed her rendezvous in his room middle of the night on his bed, on his pillow, under his blanket yearning for the warmth that only he could give, the cosiness that he could provide, the passion that he could offer, the Love that only he could bestow on her and the heavenly abode of his arms encircling her making her reside on top of his heart, that only he could proffer!

'Ai Khuda...why do you always do this'? Before entering the room he turned to look back at her one last time and he could see an uninhibited gorgeous smile playing on her lips coming his way that lifted his spirits thinking she is happy and content for some time, let her be!! "Ya Allah, keep her smiling like this forever...with me at her side'', he added that as an afterthought and with a satisfied sigh entered his room!

What a great OS lana 👏
Finally i get to read the full blown version of your shayaris. All you guys here have flair with words.
Subtlety with which they both expressed each other is His explanation, him being close to her, using binoculars as object is worth praising. How well you've used an inanimate object to connect to feelings 😊 Even use of diamond necklace to express his love for Heera is praise worthy. Her jealousy, his mischief, their possessiveness, his advice on change in perspective to view things are really a treat to read.
Above mentioned lines from the OS are the ones I liked the most. Thank you so much for this, Lana.
Unbeknown thumbnail

Originally posted by: lghosh

Oh, Aparna, poor you, working on Thanksgiving!! 🤗 Is your company open today? 🤔 Everything is closed here!!

University labs are open 24*7. All i need is card access to the building and key to unlock my lab door 😔 Being a postdoctoral fellow, we can't hope for too many holidays. That too with deadlines approaching, cant even think of a holiday. I can relax a bit after Dec 1st week 😊

Enjoy your Thanks giving dinner, Lana 🤗. By the way, what did you make for appetizers? Please pass on some here 😊

Kausi, kuki 🤗will get some rest after Dec 1st 😊
Edited by Unbeknown - 6 years ago
Unbeknown thumbnail
Lavanya - your shaayaris 👏
Selvi - your good morning post with lush green trees on either sides with a bench in the middle and lana's lines to that reminded of NJAPA scene where Jalal drags the swing and they both enjoy book reading on that 😊

Seems like Rose is getting caught with mirza bhaijaan more often these days 😆

Periyamma's poems & remixes 👏 impressed with your post, in the previous thread, connecting story through classical music

Carnatic & Hindustani music look so similar and are disparate at the same time, even though they have a common origin. Hindustani seems to be more pleasant like a calm free flowing river whereas Carnatic holds lot of gamakas (oscillations with vocal chords) like swirlings in a river giving more depth or bhaava to the literature. This is just my opinion 😊 Both are beautiful in their own way. Love to listen both :)

Vathsy - glad to hear about your recovery process 🤗
karkuzhali thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

[pic courtesy: Ananda Vikatan. Artist: 'Manian Selvan']

A poem from the Tamil literature, "Kurunthogai." It is a collection of poems written by various poets at different periods of time.

"Yaayum, yaayum yaaragiyaro?

My mother and yours, what were they to each other?

Endhaiyum, nundhaiyum emmuraikkeLir?

My father and yours, how were they kin?

Yaanum, neeyum, evvazhiyaRidhum

I and you, how do we know each other? (And yet)

Sempula peyaneer pola

Like water that has rained on the red fields

Anbudai nenjamthaan kalandanave!

Our hearts in their love, have mixed together.!"

[Translated by George L. Hart.]

(The London Tube, as the underground metro train service is known, was started in 1863 and now covers 408 km. It is the lifeline of the city. When the transport authorities began paying attention to the interior of the coaches, they instituted prizes for the best advertisement posters. In 1986, encouraged by the Poetry Society, short poems of five or six lines were displayed in a special show. This poem features in the London Tube. (Source:The HINDU))

binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Good Morning sachu patti and all my sweet friends. 😊
It's Friday.
Kal di best day so happy happy Friday 🤗

Good evening lana di, Aparna di and Vathsy di 🤗 🤗 🤗
binduprasad41 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

A poem from the Tamil literature, "Kurunthogai." It is a collection of poems written by various poets at different periods of time.

Sempula peyaneer pola

(The London Tube, as the underground metro train service is known, was started in 1863 and now covers 408 km. It is the lifeline of the city. When the transport authorities began paying attention to the interior of the coaches, they instituted prizes for the best advertisement posters. In 1986, encouraged by the Poetry Society, short poems of five or six lines were displayed in a special show. This poem features in the London Tube. (Source:The HINDU))

Lovely poem with beautiful lines 😳
Picture is so beautiful with more beautiful surrounding
Thank you patti 🤗

Vmanoh thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: binduprasad41

It's Friday.

BinduP Good Morning 🤗

Good Evening & Good Morning to all B&B's !!!

Vmanoh thumbnail

Originally posted by: karkuzhali

Sempula peyaneer pola

Lovely verse from the Kurunthogai collection aunty. Even more intriguing is the fact that it showed up in the London Tube 👍🏼. You have reminded me of my brief encounter with my Tamil Lit. teacher.😆 An apt pic to go with the poem.!
Edited by Vmanoh - 6 years ago
Vmanoh thumbnail

Originally posted by: Unbeknown

Vathsy - glad to hear about your recovery process 🤗

Thanks for you wishes & also wishing you a HappyThanksgiving.
Stuck at work on a holiday - been there / done that 😆.
Sometimes you get more done when no ones around.

Kuki715 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: binduprasad41

It's Friday.

Good morning Patti, Bindup, Chellam di 🤗

Vasthy di, Aparna di, Lana di 🤗