Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

246851 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

sorry to butt in, but pratyusha most definitely did not deserve 26. She just stood in one place for most of the dance, lacked energy, most importantly she was showing that she wants this act to end.

And if GC could have got 30, pratyusha should have got 26 is not really a very good logic. This week, like rapier and Woh Ajnabee said, there were too many performances which were over rated. GC might be one of them, might not be, but just because he got 30 does not mean pratyusha would get 26. Its like the opening act, sanath jaysurya got 27 and by that logic, a lot of other performers like punit and shibani should have got more makrs.
I like many viewers are baffled by the judges marking, but just because A got something, B should get it is not a very sound ground for argument.
pakhara thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@TheRowdiest, You more than implied it in every single post that you thought he sucked.
And Tanni and Nxt_rockstar have put up great arguments. Why cannot you refute them logically instead of picking out one single sentence and using that in your defense?

And you still have not justified your claim that Gurmeet's dance was, in any way, bad. Can you please tell me one flaw? I am dying to hear it! Roaring and dressing up like a lion is not a flaw. It's what the dance called for. If you have seen even one Puli Kali performance, you will know that their make up and outfits are quite extravagant.
Edited by RadhaHiBawari - 12 years ago
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: tannipartner

sorry to butt in, but pratyusha most definitely did not deserve 26. She just stood in one place for most of the dance, lacked energy, most importantly she was showing that she wants this act to end.

And if GC could have got 30, pratyusha should have got 26 is not really a very good logic. This week, like rapier and Woh Ajnabee said, there were too many performances which were over rated. GC might be one of them, might not be, but just because he got 30 does not mean pratyusha would get 26. Its like the opening act, sanath jaysurya got 27 and by that logic, a lot of other performers like punit and shibani should have got more makrs.
I like many viewers are baffled by the judges marking, but just because A got something, B should get it is not a very sound ground for argument.

agree many performances r over rated ... even Isha deserved 29 ... whose performance was the best along with Shibani's

yah may be 24 were fine for her but she has improved for sure

Gia deserved more , archana was not as bad as Susheel yet she got lesser marks than him ...so I feel next week she is going out not susheel

i m still saying the same thing ...if Gc can get 30 then why not Jayati and darsheel ...i know jayati and darsheel's marks were fair ... they didn;t deserve 30 but then so did GC ...

246851 thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

agree many performances r over rated ... even Isha deserved 29 ... whose performance was the best along with Shibani's

yah may be 24 were fine for her but she has improved for sure

Gia deserved more , archana was not as bad as Susheel yet she got lesser marks than him ...so I feel next week she is going out not susheel

i m still saying the same thing ...if Gc can get 30 then why not Jayati and darsheel ...i know jayati and darsheel's marks were fair ... they didn;t deserve 30 but then so did GC ...

Umm, actually prayusha is more or less on one point, except her opening act, she has not presented any act which could be remembered even a bit. most of the time i forget to mention her during performance analysis.
Gia might have deserved more, but nishant apne pyer main kurali laga di, in front of the amazing kathak, gia who has no prior training would naturally be fading and add to that she lacked stamina and confidence in the end, her gunghoor tore out and she might have been distracted. 22 is not much, she could have got 24-25 but
because she got 22, so gurmeet should have got less is again flawed. simply coz judges had some ground on which they decided to award her less marks
Archana single handedly killed ballet. she was even worse than susheel. sushil had this latka matka type dance and to some extent he could do it.
archana had a wonderful form where grace is the first and last word. and she stood self conscious like a wooden doll, with stiff wrist movements. it didn't help sanam had a very basic choreography set with technical forms which he seemed to be doing. Had i been judge, frankly i would have given archana even less.

and at the end of the day again, if A can get x marks is not a reason why B cannot get same marks is not a logic. I think gurmeet's execution yesterday was pretty good. actually his rumba last week was overrated imo, it deserved maximum 24.

My opinion: whatever shampa choreographed, GC did it quite well, the whole anger and king of jungle was done very well, the lifts were good, the stunts were good, only twice he lacked elevation.
Jayati : I agree, she should have got atleast one marks more, considering her weight age and the less time diwakar got, they presented such a strong and difficult dance form with quite an ease. had it been unto me, i would have given her 10 just like remo simply coz she dared to attempt pure classical on a stage where people go gaga over flawed contemporary and half baked ballroom.

darsheel: umm considering afro jazz, it was a bit restrained, they lacked the match of energy and finesse necessary for afro jazz, also the aggression was misisng. IMHO darsheel was overrated, i would have given him 26 or 27.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
I don't know whether scores are scripted, because such things can happen in reality shows like this, but it doesn't happen in all so I wouldn't accuse without knowing facts.
Even as a GC fan, I admit that I wasn't too impressed with his first three performances, including Rumba. I agree that he's one of the best dancers among television actors, but compared to other experienced and professional dancers, he's not quite their equal.
HOWEVER...
I was really impressed with his rashi performance.👏👏 I was dubious about it at first after seeing the pics, but he really clicked with Shampa in this performance and his movements were so crisp and perfect, so it is my opinion that he deserved the 30 points he got. I won't comment about the points he got for his previous performances, as I'm not a western dancer myself so I wouldn't know how to judge it, but GC has always been most comfortable with action scenes, whether they be in Ramayan, GHSP, or Punar Vivah. Anyone who's seen the battle scenes in Ramayan during Yudh Kand, the tai chi scenes in GHSP as well as those when he fought with goons, and the Ansh-rescue mission in Punar Vivah where he had to fight with the kidnappers and later got shot, will know that GC was best in those scenes. He really gave them his best and he came out the best too. Even in interviews he's mentioned how much he loves action scenes and prefers to do them himself instead of using body doubles.
That's why I think GC performed the best this time. There was no romance or unnecessary intimacy, and the fierceness and intensity of the dance brought out the best in him in terms of acting and expressions. He deserved the 30 points IMO.
433796 thumbnail
Let me explain what were the issue with his dance. Here is the link, his persformance starting from 2:40.
My analysis:
Shampa and GC were doing very much similar steps. Look at the difference in landing. Shampa never took extra step to balance after each landing while GC always took small step after landing or during transitioning. That is horrible landing specially in these type of dance your steps should be perfect becuase that is the only thing can be called dance ingredients here.
You dont need to go anywhere else to look at his fault, just compare his steps with Shampa steps, his transition with Shampa's transition. You will get the answer.
People say he is very strong, but he seems to have a weak knee. His lifts were not clean and showed lot of struggle. When he put Shampa down to stage, his knee were bended. His knee bend when he was spinning during lift.
Only thing seems to be good with his performance was painting.
Edited by HakkaBakka - 12 years ago
433796 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ANNMT

wow ...what a name hakka bakka lovly name 😍 knha se mila 😳

I could not find better than this name in this forum. Because I always get HakkaBakka here by seeing illogical arguments. It is not with this Jhalak forum, almost all forums has same situation.
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The problem for me is that judges grounds are never clear while rating the performances and clearly.. they have different grounds for different contestants.. that's where it becomes unfair for me. Judges get carried away by costumes or the story told in the performance or even contestant's age or background they come from. Why can't they apply same criteria for each contestant and judge them against each other for that particular day's performance? Why do they judge on the basis of how much improvement the contestant has shown?

Another issue I have is the dance forms they display.. some contestants do kathak or ballet or kuchipudi.. and others do Puli Kali or jhataka mataka dance which have less dancing and more jumping around.. that's why Archana sucked and Susheel sailed. But if we compare the degree of difficulty of both the dances then Archana gets more points in my opinion.😕 shouldn't judges consider that while marking? 🤔 like someone said.. they could wait till all the performances are done and then give points..

purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
OK.. many posts here are asking the topic maker to clear exactly what flaws were there in GC's performance.. this is what TM wrote on 2nd page of this thread.. check the bold part.. are those not reasons enough to say that GC didn't deserve 30 points?? 🤔

I know I am butting in and it's none of my business to jump in.. but my reasons of not liking GC's performance are exactly the same.. so I want to know if these are not reasons enough?? 😕

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

finding it insulting is MY OPINION

when he was getting low marks , judges were biased , Shampa was bad choreographer , floor was slippery 😉 😆 ... and now he is getting good marks so shampa is good and judges r not biased 😛

for me its vise versa 😉 ... anyways

abt his bad performances marks ...even that time he was getting better marks compared to the bad performances he was doing

his act was all abt action , acting , roar acting , makeup

at many places their steps were not matching and GC had no firm landing specially when they were attacking each

totally Biased marks ... just bcz colors team wanna keep a guy frm TV soaps in top 3 🥱 as there is no other male ...Susheel will go out soon ...then Ravi may be in top 5 or 6 thats it ...they need a guy in top 3 hence biased marking

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: purva

The problem for me is that judges grounds are never clear while rating the performances and clearly.. they have different grounds for different contestants.. that's where it becomes unfair for me. Judges get carried away by costumes or the story told in the performance or even contestant's age or background they come from. Why can't they apply same criteria for each contestant and judge them against each other for that particular day's performance? Why do they judge on the basis of how much improvement the contestant has shown?

Another issue I have is the dance forms they display.. some contestants do kathak or ballet or kuchipudi.. and others do Puli Kali or jhataka mataka dance which have less dancing and more jumping around.. that's why Archana sucked and Susheel sailed. But if we compare the degree of difficulty of both the dances then Archana gets more points in my opinion.😕 shouldn't judges consider that while marking? 🤔 like someone said.. they could wait till all the performances are done and then give points..

Thank you! My point exactly!