Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

423728 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: Khushi.

@Sweety and ??( Name) haha-Chalo koi ni ! I understand..the drooling part can make anyone LOST in their own world! LOL..btw guys..we'll definetly be screwed for increasing the no. of pages of this topic with "spam" LOL..i guess we should shift to another topic!lol

It's Samira, you can call me Sammy or Samira. So long as you don't spell it as 'Sameera'. πŸ˜†
Khushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
@Sammy- Check it out, if there is a Shiv AT then we'll go there otherwise come to the Prats AT.
Endurance thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
just watch three of the performances Salman/isha , puneet/shibani and gurmeet/shampa...

u'll clearly understand whose better ... no offence to Gurmeet ..he is a nice dancer but i think Shampa still need to work hard on him ... He's not Sushant who knows dance that much ... so i guess 30 for that perfoemance is not a right decision by the judges... while the other two pairs were flawless...
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
very good thread

I have a personal problem with GC πŸ˜† but they too had nothing to say in the defense of GC's dance except that he deserved 30 and i m having a problem with him πŸ˜† but why he deserved 30 ...no GC fan explained it

So many members debated so well ...πŸ‘ ...perfectly and pointed out the things which I cldn't do

and Dayan ki Nani amma πŸ˜† u turned this thread into BV and shiv thread ... i was wondering how come it reached to 17 pages and still open

** dig at fans edited
Edited by tannipartner - 12 years ago
SoniRita thumbnail
I will say GC deserved the 30 his performance was worth of 30 points for sure in my opinion, but i do agree that darsheel and RaviJi deserved to get 30 points too.
quarky thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I don't know if someone has pointed out to you or not (I haven't read the 18 pages) but you got the marks all messed up.

Jayati got 28 AND a this is it. Gurmeet got a 30 AND a this is it. Neither got the perrrfect from Madhuri. Darsheel got a 29 (ONE mark lesser than GC) and Ravi got a 27. I don't see how one or two marks can lead to marks being scripted and biased and generally so unfair (in this round atleast).

Let's analyse the two performances you're comparing:

The Theme:

To be honest, according to me, Shampa stuck to the theme of the rashi and MADE Gurmeet part of the Rashi (ie. the lion, the protagonist) and his steps involved a whole bunch of stunts (watch it again) and the pulikali (not the street pulikali, the martial form of pulikali). What was the theme of the dance? A lion king refuses to give up its throne to another lion.

Diwakar made himself the scorpion and gave Jayati what she was absolutely fantastic at "Odissi". Her forte. What was the theme of the dance? A scorpion bit her.

The Dance:

I'm sure people thought what Shampa choreographed wasn't dancey enough and Jayati was clearly the more dancier one. But you're wrong. Shampa did an act last year with Sushant on Karna (from Mahabharat) where she used another Kerala form and if you notice that, even that was basically a martial form which wasnt very dancey (I'll post a link for it). But Remo was SO overcome by it, and SuSham got 30 for that as well. They are all dance forms and we need to appreciate them for the trueness and the effort. I love pulikalli. Watch DID2 (I think Kishore did Pulikalli - the street version). He got a 30. Its a wonderful dance form and it needs to be appreciated.

Obviously classical dancing at her age and that this perfectly is fantastic and SHE DOESNT DESERVE to be in the bottom 3. But why this stupid comparison with GC?

How about people like Prathyusha or Giaa who gets votes anyways (since you're problem is Jayati who got 2 marks lesser than GC and is consistently appreciated by the judges are going to lose out on votes? Giaa is not being utilized properly by Nishant and Prathyusha isnt giving a great performance (I learnt Bharatnatyam for 8 years and before even half her dance was over, I knew what Remo was going to say). They get votes without the judges support. Why not compare them?

I didnt watch GC's rumba performance. But you compared this week's performance so I felt I had to clarify.

The Make up:

Both won points here as Jayati had the outfit to match her dance and GC had the outfit to match his theme and dance (in Pulikalli people dress up as the tiger and dance)

I'm not a huge GC fan but I am a huge Shampa fan and I can't see her choreography that was beautifully translated to screen be criticized.
Edited by quarky - 12 years ago
danceismyworld thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

very good thread

fans will always remain fans ... I have a personal problem with GC πŸ˜† but they too had nothing to say in the defense of GC's dance except that he deserved 30 and i m having a problem with him πŸ˜† but why he deserved 30 ...no GC fan explained it

those who said its a negative thread ...Hello this is not GC daily soap forum where u wanna see only his praise ...yahan to bhaiya aise threads milenge hi

So many members debated so well ...πŸ‘ ...perfectly and pointed out the things which I cldn't do

and Dayan ki Nani amma πŸ˜† u turned this thread into BV and shiv thread ... i was wondering how come it reached to 17 pages and still open

Hey there!!
Just mentioning why he deserved 30 marks!! I am saying it prior that this will be nothing against your POV or I am not justifying GC. It's just I am analyzing his performance. I hope it will not be taken as favoritism.

What a perfect 10 is in judges eye???

>>> justification to choreography by a celebrity which was set by his/her choreographer(we can't compare two choreography as every choreographer has his/her own style so if we compare two choreographer then it will be unfair for contestants.)

>>> Justification to theme- that was about sun signs this time. GC has given with Leo. That signifies aggression, loud and short temper. And also the thirst of getting control. So that's why Shampa chose Puli kali dance form which is about survival of the fittest. It is a folk genre with steps and body language peculiar to a tiger being stalked by a hunter, enacting a play of the hunter and the beast.

How he justified puli kali and deserved 30 marks??

>>> He played a lion and shampa was playing a hunter. He was supposed to take the character of lion. A dance is justified when dancer is in character which he is to dance. This is the first criteria to any judging. GC was in character because I didn't see GC yesterday. He is one popular guy and for viewers, it's hard to distinguish him from the character but yesterday he was looking a lion and that wasn't because of his make up. That was because of his body language, aggression and anger in eyes.

>>> The choreography which Shampa set on him was justified by him. There wasn't a single mistake. Sync was perfect, character was perfect, story telling was perfect, expressions were perfect, body language was perfect and all in all what GC was supposed to perform was perfect!!He performed what he was supposed to perform as desired by his choreography.

>>> Some are talking about handling problem or being mistakes about that fight between hunter and lion in last part of performance. But that part was meant to be like that. It was necessary to show the struggle between the two. And struggle is never smooth or well handled. Just imagine whenever a lion and hunter will fight, will they fight smoothly with tender handling and soft movements???!! NO!!
It couldn't be smooth as it was meant to be like this. It was necessary to show the anger of Lion that he will not let Hunter kill him.

>>>When GC held Shampa from her neck to nail the last attack, it was meant to be rough handled. Because it was like that lion will not spare the hunter. And it was completely shown.

>>> And in the last, he conquered like lion after killing the hunter.

From the very first pose to the last step, I was witnessing a lion and his survival. So if that was conveyed then GC deserved perfect 30. If he performed puli kali in it's raw form, then he deserved 30. He justified the theme, choreography and the soul of dance form. In first part, he danced to show the interaction between hunter and lion. In last part, fight was shown and it was perfectly performed by GC!! That makes judges to give him 30. Whenever someone completely justifies the choreography and add on to the form something extra, he/she deserves full marks.
I think now it's clear that why he deserved it!!
Edited by danceismyworld - 12 years ago
|Persephone| thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Please be respectful in presenting your opinions. Everyone has different POVs and appreciating or atleast tolerating them is a definite requirement on an online discussion forum such as this.
Furthermore, please stick to the topic and don't keep bringing other forums, actors or personal conversations into the mix.
Anyone who is found to be breaking any forum rules from here on out will be given a straight WL raise without any warning. Also, we are letting unrelated posts made before this post be, but any further ones will be deleted without any notice!
Regards,
JDJ5 DT
Edited by luvya4ever - 12 years ago
maneet_forever9 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
I felt that he deserved a 30!!!

His performance was AMAZING!!!πŸ‘

Also now that GC got a 30, it's scripted but before when he got a 22 it was perfectly fair and not scripted at all !!???πŸ˜•

I've noticed that certain people make posts on this forum always attacking GC , whether it's his looks, dance or what he wears ... hmmm why is that ... jealousy???πŸ˜•
Edited by maneet_forever9 - 12 years ago
chocobear thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I saw his performance and I think his marks were not well deserved. A 27 or 28 would have been fine. I didn't think his performance was great or anything. It was ordinary. He didn't deserved 30 for roaring and jumping. I guess the channel always has the upper hand and the judges are forced to be biased at times. His performance was just mediocre nothing extra ordinary or worth saying This Is It. Infact none of the performances this week were worth a 30. A 29 would have been just fine for Isha, 28 for Shibani and 27 for GC.

TheRowdiest
Sorry For deviating from the topicπŸ˜†

shampa still needs to work very hard on him. His upper body is not at all relaxed. He is still so stiff. But yes he has improved a lot since his first performance but he didn't deserve a 30 this week. He still needs to work hard on some areas.
Edited by chocobear - 12 years ago