Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: MELINDAM

They keep talking about the TRP...the line up on star one is becoming so lame...how can we relate to such show...all the new shows are taken place in villages..lol.

See..should there be a Nealson rating system that handles the veiwership. I dnt know what to say anymore...I used to be so exicted to watch this show and would sneak out during lunch to watch...but now its just gone. On the way home, I saw the clip of Veer writing the letter...that was sweet..but isnt is Veer's characters...it just doesnt mesh for me...he become way too soft. You get what i mean?

But Star One's always had that problem... lots of potential but deliviery somewhat mixed!
Veer's confession had me very amused. its not in caharacter like you said and frankly its not even believable! I am like, really? When did this happen?

Originally posted by: algebramulti

I am so depressed about Ayesha's killing track & Aditi being replaced that I haven't been able to enjoy these wonderful episodes being aired since monday.

I waited 5 months to see Veer realize his love for Ayesha and accept it too. I must say, it was worth the wait...but it was totally ruined with news of Aditi's replacement. Now that I know the future of JPSYA...I am not able to enjoy the recent episodes at all. I am too upset as I became so attached to Veesha (Sidditi).
Oh well...I am going to watch the last few episodes of Aditi in the show and enjoy Veesha(Sidditi) last scenes in the show together. In "Tumse Hi" song picturization, Veesha are looking dreamy !!! I will miss Veesha(Sidditi) so much on the show...and I will miss Aditi too.
After Aditi's exist, I am boycotting JPSYA, just like, I boycotted Dill Mill Gayye after Shilpa Anand (original Riddhima's exist). Cinevistas know that DMG ratings went down after Shilpa's exist...and same thing will happen again with Aditi's exist.

Ya Aditi was kinda cute... the quintissential girl next door but with a grit and spunk that make you like her instinctively!

Originally posted by: honeydew_dmg

Jaane Pehchaane Se Ye Ajnabbi
Role:Ayesha Sharma
Ayesha's beauty lies in her ordinariness. She's just like any other face in the crowd, but a second look will reveal a spark in her. A quiet and pleasant disposition of the girl next door. She is quintessentially the younger sister. Not spoilt, but happy to be dependant on her elder sister Divya for emotional support. She prefers to play second fiddle even though she isn't short on talent or confidence. She is the type who doesn't want to expose them. The reason for this is behavior has to do with her being an orphan and therefore a desire to be just accepted as normal everyday person. You will never find her wearing flashy bright clothes or coming up with lofty thoughts. It's a faade that has infused with her personality. But being an orphan has also taught her the instinct of self preservation. When going gets tough, she gets toughest. Thinks most clearly and acts most definitively at crunch times. This is her strength which is obscured by her hesitation and goofing up. Ayesha takes life one day at a time. She isn't really a planner but a drifter.

LOL ... i say creatives, please read the first few lines! pehle khud rules banate ho, aur fir khud unhe tod te ho! yeh kaisa insaaf hai yuuuvaaar aaaanar????? hume insaaf chahiye aapki isss screwed up adaalat main

But then Cinevistaas has a history of moving away from their character sketches don't they?

Originally posted by: honeydew_dmg

tum ne pukara aur hum chale aaye.....lol... i hope i am the honeydew you were looking for ... hehehe... even if i am not, something asked me to visit this forum tonight, at this time in the day ( or should i say night), and made me open the post, which was so aptly titled that i knew it had to be dear you!!!! alright alright, ill get down to saying what i have to now...

i dont this show that often, but from day one it was sadly apparent that this show is one of those desperate attempts by star one to fit into the mould of "drama"- it has a predictable story, and with the run o the mill, poor self righteous girl meets super rich boy, they clash, call names, and eventually fall in love!!! i think when Cinevistas decided to make this show, they knew DMG was already sinking, and they desperately needed another show to rule the roost, they knew their youth drama was so not happening anymore, what with Armaan and Riddhima supposedly dead and gone... a new show meant, new cast, lesser cost, no ego issues, hassles ... and a grip over an extra half an hour during the prime time slot on Star one- what i have always felt about the creatives of DMG and now JPSYA, is they have this pre conceived notion that SOAPS in general are bad, and what they are making is different! this worked with DMG, what with the spunk, romance and acting doing most of the talking- in a show like JPSYA however, what was lacking from day one was a strong base! there was not much to anticipate, people knew what was going to happen, and sadly not many cared to sit and find out how it would happen...

in the last one week that i watched of the show, i could see how the Veer and Ayesha scene where his saying palat, and his kissing Ayesha's photo bore an uncanny resemblance to the Armaan Riddhima pre-confession days! audience today wants to see new stuff, the moment they get a feel of been there done that, they dont hesitate to change their channel... thats where screenplay takes over, in other words of a layman, its the way a scene is treated, instead of Veer suddenly realising he loved Ayesha one fine morning, had they built on his state of confusion, and the turmoil of how he could feel this way about someone he hated until the other day, perhaps the audience would have been able to relate to the sentiment a little more...

but for obvious reasons, they hurried the whole thing, because, they wanted to replace the girl, and if she were to disappear they would have to use some base to take the story forward- Veer and that little kid ( dont even remember his name sorry), i dont think would hold so much ground...!!

i say, when you auditioned for the girl didnt you know she was short? infact that was the first thing i noticed about the lead lady! that she looked younger than her age, and it looked like they were somehow trying to fit her into the story! makers need to realise that beyond a point its not the looks or the attire, but the person that matters to a story, i relate to DMG because of karan and sukirti, and at times Shilpa! MJHT is Mayank, Nupur, Uday, Samrat, Benjy!!! Similarly with JPSYA! if Ayesha is replaced it may not make much of a difference to me, cos i dont watch it that often anyway... but it will definitely remind me of the fact that there has been a change, and this thought will be more than enough for me to distort my opinion abt the show...

its sad, that the production houses (esp this particular esteemed one not to name it) treats humans like machines that read out and act out scenes! the production house thinks it owns these machines and on a day the owner has a bad day, and the machine doesnt work, he will not think twice before discarding it and replacing it with another? what then is the value addition one can make to a character or a story, when there are so many replacements... i am sorry to be taking so many DMG examples, but, i love Armaan for the way he loves Riddhima no matter what, and perhaps wouldnt want to see anyone else playing the role, ditto with sukirti, she was my Riddhima, and and where the story is going is not my concern anymore...

star one, cinevistas: you dared to be different, you wanted to be different, stick to it! if you think different isnt working for you, and you want to join the rut, then please watch other soppy soaps like Uttaran, Lado, Bidaai, that waste days and months together one small nuances and emotions, and still get away with it, and learn from them! cos they are hot hits not becuase they want to prove they are different, they are hits because they stick to what they believe and make what they always intended to!

its really cheap and degrading that you replace your actors, writers, cast and crew at the drop of a hat, and still expect viewers to watch your shows and give you TRP's! we give back what you give us! you know it, but dont care, its about time you start caring...

phew! i am tired....

Hola! Who else but you? I don't know any other honeydew! I had been thinking of writing to you the last couple of days, generally and while reading this remembered you even more and see there you are! Hugs! How are you?
Yup, I have watched the show intermittently, but you are right, the magic, the zing is missing! It is a done-to-death hackneyed story but even with that the treatment could have made all the difference... and to be fair, it has its moments.. its a lot better tahn some of the crap that they show on telly...
Given an Armaan and Ridhima and last night a Siddhanth and Ridhima, I wonder why this relationship was given the short end...JPSYA was billed as a passionate love story ' I am hard pressed to find the passion!
I agree with you... JPSYA seems like a conveyer belt exercise ' another soap to have on telly with little thought given to the treatment... just something as long as they have a show on the board, which is unfair to the audience and the cast... I am beginning to suspect that they appear to have lost a lot of scriptwriters as well.. that might explain even a DMG story going haywire (which it has been for a very long time) and this hurried and rushed soap.
But I guess audience tends to forgive and forget. Just as a Sukirti and a Jennifer were accepted as Ridhima, the production house probably believes that Aditi's replacement will also be accepted.. I dunno, but if there is great chemistry then replacement irks but in JPSYA, they didn't show chemistry, they didn't give it time to develop, so I guess they are hoping the new face would be easily accepted esp if it comes in the avatar of an accident and hence a face change!
Surprising isn't it, that they woke up now and discovered she's too short esp for the romantic scenes... Who said height was a consideration when falling in love? I thought it was kinda cute ' it reinforced the fact that they were so different from each other and had the potential of making their romance so much more poignant! But who knows what drives the production house? Other than the moolah of course!
But its soooo good to hear from you after a really long time! 🤗
P.S. While I don't watch DMG regularly, I do read the updates (even now!) and sometimes catch some episodes or parts on Youtube. Watch last night for Siddhanth and Ridhima. Not so much as characters in DMG but just as two people thrown together by destiny and who are discovering each other through the ashes of their hatred for each other... they were simply awesome!
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: md410

How bad is that
they screw her hair then replace her.

I wrote same in my email that did not they know about her height the day she stepped in for auditionning
bunch of loosers and knuckle headed

😆 😆 😆 they screw her hair and then replace her 😆 😆 😆
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 14 years ago
-honeydew- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
hellos, hugs, greetings and cheers!!!!
i will make a fresh post to yours... the reply reply kinda gets annoying, when you have to scroll so much...
of all the places in the world, we sit and write to one another on an unknown forum where there are no tensions like bashing, being judged, or branded! that is a sigh of relief in a way! and since the focus today is not so much of Armaan and Riddhima or sid for that matter i can conveniently use them as aides in driving my point, to explain you ( and also myself), why DMG in a lot of ways has been a learning lesson in matters of writing, professionalism, actors, legal issues just to name a few...

the chemistry and magic of the romance get accentuated on screen firstly thanks to acting, and then catalysts like background scores, dialogues, the direction only take it to another level... all the above worked in DMG's favor when they put extra efforts to make the leads of the show look like a real life couple bringing in a mix of real life and filmy situations, with songs like asmani, and ishq leta hai only accentuating the level of intensity and emotion in love! sadly however, once that was done, and it worked, they never really made an effort to do the same again, shilpa's exit sucked the life and enthusiasm out of them, and their complaissance also to some extent that they could recreate the whole thing by just throwing in "moments" ... sort of worked, thats why for the longest time, they had no story, they just thrived on the so called AR moments! this formula seemed to be working- in came MJHT fully inspired, ready to take on DMG, there was again nothing new in MJHT, but the freshness in the faces was something that perhaps appealed to the school going, early college going crowd while DMG catered to a slightly older lot! DMG however plagued with replacements and exits from time to time, and this totally sucked life outta the show! the makers perhaps thought, why invest so much in a show, when you dont get the returns you expect! karan was more on other shows than on DMG, his affairs, unprofessionalism, his innumerous freelancing love affairs only made matters worse! may be thats why they thought they would break away from the show-but these production houses and channels generally dont want to break off their ties so easily! thats why there were two ways, one- the season leap which they eventually took, and two, a plan B where they would have a new show altogether, where even if plan A flops, they have another show still running on air...

sadly thats why for JPSYA, they never really thought of doing anything new, they only wanted to the tried and tested, lest they failed! they didnt want to take chance, perhaps they were scared to make another sincere attempt, cos, the difference last time costed them close to two crores! :D this time, they just wanted to make another show, where, they would know what they were doing, their audience would know what they were doing, the mundane hackneyed story was all they wanted to lap up for obvious reasons-if you have noticed the title credits the writer of the show is from the Balaji camp!!! she has worked with Ekta for the longest period of time, what else do you expect... so there you go, they didnt want to take any risk! any chance, cos if they took the unpredictable path, the audience expectations would rise, they would start dictating terms to the makers, demading for something that they might not be able to provide for! its sad when makers have to listen to viewers and that was a lesson the predecessor had taught them! they must have thought, kahe ka jhanjhat, lets make the usual rut, people will watch it like any other show! so dont waste too much time trying to understand why they could do something like this, JPSYA from day was never really meant to e any be any different! the leads not being able to meet the eye also seemed to work in their favor,they delayed the love story! cinevistas by now m sure you know, loves to exhibit and exploit an actor's week point to the hilt and then use the same to throw them out when the time comes! they did just that! and like you said, they write fancy character graphs, but forget about them soon after an episode or two... ! though the show is just 5 to 6 months old, the creative team has seen a change in writers ... do you want to get started all over again???