Daily Dish Nov 13: Jai's Gift and Jiju de Villain

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

The Parting Gift

Have you ever asked yourself what's your legacy - parting gift to the world? Jai's teachings/values which he passed onto Veer and Nihaal are Jai's legacy to the world. Veer is Jai's farewell gift to Ayeesha & Nihaal. And they are Jai's gift to Veer.

Veer at the beginning of the episode tells Avinash that his brother is with him in spirit and will send him a farishta - an angel. Poof! His wish is granted by the family panditji who tells him that Jai had a son and gives him the possible letters of the child's name.

While Avinash continues his "nice" act with the Pandit, Veer walks of in a daze....

Meanwhile Ayeesha and Nihaal grapple with their upcoming separation in the form of Nihaal shifting to boarding school. Ayeesha goes to buy Nihaal ice cream to cheer him up. He returns to their quaters and starts to pack but, has to make a hasty escape when the Pest Control people arrive to spray their quarters. While trying to avoid notice of Choksi, Minnie, and other staff, Nihaal ends up in Veer's cabin. Veer soon enters his cabin and is contemplating Nihaal's words and thinking that his brother has left him an angel whom he just has to find. His angel - Nihaal- is closer then he realizes (just behind the sofa infact). Nihaal curses his fate that he ended up in his Maasi's boss' cabin and wonders whose picture Veer is talking to. Fortunately or unfortunately Nihaal does not learn that Veer is talking to his dad's tasveer. Nor does he get caught by Veer or Minnie, who comes to ask Veer if Pest Control can spray his cabin too. It's a well acted tension creating scene that eats up time, but does not really progress the story. It does show the positive influence Nihaal is already having on this Ajnabii uncle๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†(Also forget the hotel's geography during this scene otherwise u will have a headache๐Ÿ˜•)

The next sweet scene in Ayeesha's quaters also does not progress the story, but gives us sweet moments that Nihaal and Ayeesha can relive during the dark days ahead if Nihaal does indeed go to boarding school. The most touching for me was when Nihaal says - I have lots of friends but, only one massi and i can never forget you. That just might be a line he re-uses if ever Veer or his other family members try to take him away from his maasi.

The episode ends with Veer telling Nandini that he has located Jai's son and that the kid is in Mumbai already. The only person unhappy is Avinash, who vows to the lawyer that he is going to find the child first. (Yippeee - we were right - he's the obvious villain of this M & B kahaaani!)

Episode Rating: 6/10
nothing much happens that was not captured in yesterday's pre-cap๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† But, Nihaal as usual makes every episode happening... i really hope they don't send him to boarding as he is the JAAN of this show. The other actors are did decent this week...
Edited by AnjanaToronto - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

md410 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Thanks anjana. good one.
I will watch it later. I have watched only 2 epi so far and Nihaal already made me cry all the time with his innocence and presence of mature mind in kid's brain .
He is the show, so he can not go to Boarding school and even if he does then probably will come back after 2-3 dramatic episodes.

So jijju is the one. I kinda surprised seen him giving party that's when I became suspicious abt him. I cant say anything abt jai's mom, as I have not seen previous epi.
sajni786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
@ Anjana ๐Ÿค—
great post sweety...๐Ÿ‘
this has become an dastaan-e-angels ki kahani....๐Ÿคฃ...
But me loving this stretching out b4 Veer and Nihaal comes face to face.๐Ÿ˜ณ.....thoda toh tadka hona chahiye..๐Ÿ˜‰....warna no maza......on the other hand tho.....cant really wait for all 3 (read Veer, Ayesha and Nihaal) to meet.๐Ÿ˜....
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
thanks for the update....................
i think it will take long time for veer to know that nihal is his bhatija
reepicheep thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi Anjana good write up...you are right,nothing much happened, anyways I don't expect much to happen in friday's episode as its the last episode of the week....its like every week they have an agenda and they follow it through the week...this week it was send me an angel...both nihaal and veer have found their angels in each other but have not realized it yet....
veer's happiness at finding that his jai bhaiya is living on in the form of his child was heartening to watch...he really has improved beyond anything acting and expression wise from the initial episodes๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ
I think veer and nihaal will keep running into each other, and develop a close bond...only later will veer come to know that he's the nephew....
ayesha and nihaal reminiscising their moments together was touching...the line where he says to his maasi that she is only one, wow I swear the kid gets the best lines in this show...and he says them so well too๐Ÿ‘...oh please creatives don't send him to boarding school, I think i might cry more than him seeing him in the boarding school๐Ÿ˜”

that jiju I tell you so from the past 7 years he's been trying to hadpofy the property, wah kya planning hai๐Ÿ˜• I think he must have had something to do with jai's estrangement with the family and he must have planted jai's wife a gold-digger theory so that jai is conveniently taken off the picture...... and of course the accident which seemingly doesn't look like an accident but a clever murder....I wonder whether anyone else in the family is involved with him or he's the sole player...coz he doesn't look like he has the brains to do it all alone...
I think now his nefarious schemes involve finding and kidnapping nihaal and doing away with veer....

Have a great weekend all of you๐Ÿ˜Š

Delishus thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
i am sure he wnt go to boradin scool ........... opefully :)
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The creatives are taking it a bit slow. Hope they speed it up a bit.

Avinash being the villian was a tad too obvious. The Ayesha-Nihal scene was quite touching. I guess scenes like these make the show more appealing, for me atleast.
Edited by Eventide - 14 years ago
Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hi guyz ๐Ÿ˜Š
anjana ... great write up as usual ๐Ÿ‘ i really liked the episode .. mostly bcos of nihaal .... god he is so cute .... i couldnt help smiling when he was hiding in veer's cabin and was like i just had to find maasi's boss's room to hide in ๐Ÿ˜† although i think the creatives could ahve done away with this scene but i guess they cant do without fillers
however, i m enjoying the pace of the story .... i m not even minding the fact tht the love story seem to be on the back burner for now .... nihaal-veer and nihaal-ayesha interactions make up for that .... i hope he doesnt end up going to the boarding school but i have a feeling he will it would than really count against ayesha whenever veer finds out nihaal is his nephew and if there is a custody battle for the kid ....

waise i was surprised by the precap ... not the fact that avinash is the bad guy but that they actually revealed this beforehand ..... i m definitely not accustomed to that .... i was watchin PKB and the last scene ๐Ÿ˜† but hey they didnt reveal the face of the guy ..... i thought that was how it was done .....
kher... it was a reallty good episode ... nihaal again being the highlight and yea .... sid and aditi are really improving in the acting dept bcos of which i m enjoying the show ๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Arwen... - 14 years ago
tibs09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
well well well surprise, surprise ....jiju the villain ...when half the population at IF already was expecting him to be ....๐Ÿ˜†
anyways I wish the story moves a bit faster ...and we see some confrontation between Ayesha and Veer ..which ofcourse will be a prelude to romance ,.,...PB taking his own sweet time ....but the story will loose its grip if the stretching continues ...
aditi
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Ajnabii's i am hoping An is back today๐Ÿค—with her Blabbering, so I will only do the Written Update