Daily Dish 11/11: A Child Afterall

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Friends, An had been doing an excellent discussion thread for every episode the last few weeks. She is away this week, so I thought I would do one whilst she is away. Please join in and contribute your thoughts about each episode. Let's dish and discuss🤗
A Child Afterall
    Nihaal, the wise child, finally did something childlike ? he ran away when he heard Ayeesha was going to send him to boarding school. He does not want to be separated from his maasi - running away is not the solution though. But, for once he was acting like a kid - "acting" and not thinking. He does not want to leave his maasi and that's that. His irrational action almost cost him his life as Veer nearly drove over him, but sometimes accidents are gifts from god. This one brought a very special Ajnabii into his world - his uncle. Someone who in the future will guide, love and protect him. I loved the parallel they have drawn between Veer's conversation with his brother and Veer's conversation with Nihaal. Despite the copy from Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham, it was well executed. Nihaal's acting as usual is fab and Siddhart is finally coming along. Nihaal ghussa that his maasi was sending him away though he was such a good kid was justified. Veer's dialogues in reply explaining why Nihaal's family was sending him to boarding school - to enable him to become a successful adult - was touching. I also loved how they depicted Nihaal as smart kid by having him ask the ajnabii where is home was before taking a ride with him. It enabled Nihaal to hide his identity from Veer without using "misunderstandings" as is often done in soap world. This was much more organic. Them holding hands and Nihaal calling him "uncle" was too cute and organic as well. There was a longing as he gazed back and a softness to Veer in this scene that was sweet.
  • Nihaal's bonding with his Aunt and now Uncle are the Unique Selling Point (USP) of the show. I loved how at the end of today's episode, Nihaal wished for his maasi to live in a big house like Veer's house when Ayeesha took him with her there while she helped with the party that was planned for Jai & Veer's return.

Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham

Zindagi really is "Kabhie Khushi Kabhie Gham". And it can all change in a moment. Nandini is happy that her Veer bhaiya is returning. But, tomorrow she will be devasted to learn that Jai is dead when Veer arrives at the party she and her husband have planned in honour of Jai's return. Ayeesha and Nihaal were happy in the flashback they showed with Jai and Ayeesha's didi, but in a moment it was all gone. Today Veer was unhappy at the thought of his bhaiyya's dead but, a chance encounter with a child seemed to have changed his mood.
  • Ayeesha was sad that she let down her brother-in-law and sister when Nihaal disappeared, but the next moment was happy to have Nihaal back.

Foreshadowing

Nihaal's wish for him and his maasi to live in a house like the Vardhan mansion is surely foreshadowing of things to come.
  • Ayeesha carrying her jiju's portrait downstairs at the end of the episode, however, is merely a tension creating cheap trick by the show's creative team😛

Episode Rating: 7/10 Nihaal makes every episode special with his mere presence... the more of him there is on screen the better the episode😃

Edited by AnjanaToronto - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arwen11 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hey anjana 🤗 thanks for continuing with this 😊 i missed the episode today but i'll catch the repeat ... have to i guess .... seems like a nice episode ... 😊 but i probably wont have the time to come back here again and give my opinions....
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
🤗thankyou so much for this unique kind of update, seems like a beautiful episode.
Mallu
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@Arwen & Mallu - do watch it was a cute episode👍🏼 and if u can then come back and dish😆😆
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
A very heartwarming episode today....I liked how they showed the parallels between Veer-Jai and Veer-Nihaal....Probably to show how Jai was a guiding influence in Veer's life, the same way Veer will be the guiding one in Nihaal's....

The actor who plays Nihaal truly brings out the best in the elder ones....I found Siddharth's acting with Nihaal one of his best yet....
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@sum_sum - wat's your name if u feel like sharing... I am anjana btw😆
I totallly agree with you. Nihaal is phenomenal and brings out the best in the adult actors the interacts with. 👍🏼
Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanks for continuing in An's absence, Anjana.
It was indeed a heart warming episode. Loved the Veer-Nihal scenes.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Eventide

Thanks for continuing in An's absence, Anjana.

It was indeed a heart warming episode. Loved the Veer-Nihal scenes.

They were toooooooo cutee😆😆. The constrant btwn Veer's huge hands and Nihaal's little one then the "uncle" - wanted to dive into my iphone and hug de kid:)
P.S. I hope u come and contribute your thoughts like before. Me missing An big time though😭
Somya_2200 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Brilliant post Anjana....though im yet to catch the episode, luks like a beautiful one , i find nihaal adorable.... his acting is superb... though from ur take Anj, atlast veer came good... i'll watch it n come back with a more detailed one ... astlavista 🤣
sumaiya-kay thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Anjana I'm Sumaiya or u can call me sumi😊