Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-iPayal- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: dmg07

I love M&B's... well i am a sucker for romance😛😆

same here! theyre romace novels?😲how do i not know abt them😆i love romace as well! every kind out there!! found my newest reading material😆😉
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: AnjanaToronto

@DMG - we should have Mill and Boon IF chat club🤣. You know what is truly sad. I have been doing Indian soap market analysis. Romance stories are not all that popular these days, so the only channel (Star One0 that does air such youth oriented love stories is gonna stop airing them pretty soon. They are slated to cancel DMG, Love Ne, etc. because of low TRPs. What this channel and other channels fail to see is that there is a need for youth oriented love stories in a market fast becoming over saturated with saas bahu and social shows like Balika Badhu, Bidaai, etc.

That is one of the reasons i really want pple to watch this show and appreciate it for its pure romance.

😆@ M&B CC.... Hi5!!

@ ur Soap market analysis....
I agree with you..
there is a need for youth based shows which are completely lacking other than reality shows on MTV.. and S1 did try to be out of the box.. but looks like they want to be a part of the same box that churns out SB sagas...

But i can also understand there is a whole different dimension of people of all different ages that watch TV... so i guess the Saas Bahu and social shows are needed... but can there be a balance??

Sorry to go off topic.. 😳

I love this show for it simplicity... and i am sure until Amita is the Creative Director.. we will not be disappointed!😳
Edited by dmg07 - 14 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
@Payal_15 - ya they are a category of romance novels with different authors published around the world. They even have different sub-categories. I discovered mills and boon at age 12 and have been a big fan of them ever since.
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@DMG - i totally agree there needs to be different genres of soaps. I just hope they don't lose this genre that is so dear to my heart.
Am hoping Raj does not turn negative😔. Maybe they can do side story with him and Pammi. That might be nice
-iPayal- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AnjanaToronto

@Payal_15 - ya they are a category of romance novels with different authors published around the world. They even have different sub-categories. I discovered mills and boon at age 12 and have been a big fan of them ever since.

im definetly gonna read some, and if i dont like them then ill come back and haunt you guys😆 jkjk! :)
i just read your posts and i can completely relate with you guys...i hate all these saas bahu drama shows...theyre soo boring, star one was the only channel i watched becaue of its freshness, but its gonna become one of those maha drama types too😭
hope this show continues, and hopefulkly they wont cancel DMG😳
BTW: im payal..😃
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail

Originally posted by: vishid

this is how it will go :
veer will fall in love with ayesha because of nihal
veer will come close to nihal and than he will start liking ayesha
and ayesha will also start falling in love with him
they will accept their love but still veer doesn't noe about nihal being his brother's son. he will than find out that nihal is his bro's son and ayesha is the sister of the women who snached away his brother from him. on other hand ayesha thinks that veer is the one responsible for her sis and jiju's deaths. both thinks wrong things about each other but they love each other soo much. for both of them one side is their love and other side tthe revenge.

I think u r spot on. Actually that is exactly what i was thinking after seeing yesterday's precap.
-Veena- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
^^ Payal.. you will not be disappointed @ M&B ... take my word.. LOL!
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@Payal - i agree with Veena (DMG - I just went through the intro thread).
reepicheep thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Anjana your Indian soap market analysis is interesting and very true too...in fact i did read an article mentioning that star one too wants to join the social drama bandwagon to up their GRP's....its sad that people love to watch so much of negativity and drama, there are hardly any feel good shows on TV which is really disappointing...i mean if you look at the demography of India the largest segment is youth and they are downright neglected in terms of content provided on TV....that's why all the youngsters are hooked to American shows which have the right mix of family dramas as well as youth oriented shows...
I hope this show at least sticks to its format and has a decent run before winding up....till then lets revel in the mills and boon type of romance that we are expecting from this show😊
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@Ht312 - wat's your name?
I get GRPs are important but, currently the TRP system is seriously flawed and measures only 6000 households. Indian youth today have huge buying power and are smart. Channels need to realize that and start target them in terms of programming not forget them wholly by focusing solely on social dramas or saas bahu shows.
Actually, i will try to do a promotion thread for this show - how we can market it to our family & friends tomorrow or during the weekend if i can and get it stickied.
Hope u all can help out.
Also, one thing i realized from KMH is that feedback to the Channel is cruiscial, so i will try to find Star One's direct email/mailing address.