Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: an12345678

The Question is "Why?"

This is my first post in this forum, and I am called the Cynic Queen by my friends of the erstwhile KMH Adda, and I am quite critical when it comes to posting about an episode. I do not get chemistry but I do understand story and characters. I am not looking for cute quotient but applaud good acting.

I do not intend to hurt anyone's feelings through my post, but I believe in the freedom of expression. My post may offend hard-core fans sentiments and feelings, so please avoid reading it. But, if you are a balanced hard-core fan like Kat -- Karan Kundra's deewani -- would love to read your opinion.

Lastly, I am watching the show so I have every right to trash it when it meanders and loses its basic idea.

No Offence Anyone:

Here Starts my Blabbering:

I started watching this show last week -- Thursday to be precise -- and the simplicity of it got me hooked. It is commotion free at the moment, and characters look well-sketched. I agree...that is what pleasantly surprised me too, hence the reason I'm watching it for now๐Ÿ˜†The story is flowing quite smoothly even though the story idea seems to have been copied from number of sources. The usual norm in the tele-land -- copying is creative heads fundamental right. Again sadly very true๐Ÿ˜†

One of the major flaws here is the acting. Take for example Ayesha today, she was good when she was given dialogues, but when she was meant to express without words -- the same expression was plastered on her face all the time irrespective of what the scene demanded. She failed to emote when Veer confronts her or when she goes to show her gratitude. I personally think compared to a lot of bimbettes on TV currently who are no more than dressed up dolls with zero talent, this girl is quite decent....yes you make a good point about her expressions being a bit weak sometimes but I think she has good dialogue delivery and in the scenes when they don't make her act like a weeping mousy person, she is good...like her scenes with the child or even her few confrontation scenes with Veer.

She is new, and with time I hope she gets better. Though, I believe when you step in any profession, you need to be good enough and deliver. Even the actor playing Veer needs to fine tune his acting and show more expression on his countenance, and he does not have the excuse of being new.I think the girl has potential and can deffo improve with time....which is more than I can say for 90% of the new girls on TV today. Rest depends on how the show is treated....if that goes downhill, then no hope for her as well...lol....Veer is ok, hasn't impressed me much.

The character of the lady who is playing Veer's secretary is quite likable, and I like the idea. The kid is doing complete justice to his role, and also the actor playing Ayesha's friend. As, I said before also, the characters are well-sketched, and I hope actors playing them bring their characters to life, and even after a month, the story remains clutter-free. The kid is adorable and the one reason I feel like watching the show....I also think the lady playing Minnie is well cast...she has freaky eyes....lol....

About Today's Episode:

Only Veer knows that Ayesha played the prank, and he did not clarify or reveal to anyone -- not even to his best buddy cum manager -- that Ayesha is not a mere vase breaker but the most wanted prankster. Why? Don't tell me, it was all due to that eye-locking near the lift. (I hate eye-locking session, I hate it to the core.) I hate those too...especially combined with 'trip-catch' scenes....I totally went 'oh no' when I saw that...show was actually going well the epis leading up to that....anyways, story is moving fast as of now...let's see where this goes. Looks like, the suave man wants to beat Little Ayesha black and blue in his own sophisticated style.

Or, has he already developed soft feelings for her and does not want to let go. Just an absurd thought.I think she's intrigued him and his ego is also bruised cuz of the fact that she fooled him...so he wants to teach her a lesson.

Enough for the day, will come tomorrow if I have to blabber something.

Enjoy! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Word Count: 0

AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Prologue ya Prediction:
1. This show is pakka Mills & Boon kahaani. Maybe i should send a supply of such stories to PBji, so he can properly copy and paste๐Ÿ˜Ž
2.How would this kahaani go in a M and B world?; Veer will be the kid's uncle of course. He will discover the truth just as he is really starting to dig Ayeesha๐Ÿ˜ƒ. What next? He blackmails Ayeesha into marriage by threatening to take custody away from her. She reluctantly agrees. Meanwhile they are all falling in love and fighting it too. The kid of course playing matchmaker in de middle๐Ÿ˜› Oh and as a twist Veer thinks that Ayeesha likes Hero #2 (Rajdeep)๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ
But, then I am a big M and B consumer๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†so, I am liking the speed of the show for ; Let's see where it goes.
;
Today's Epi:
Veer wants her to appreciate how hard everyone works that's why he has has assigned her to work for every department. He is bark is much worse then his bite. The revenge is going to be slow and backfie. Also, betcha he comes to the kid's rescue soon
As for why he does not reveal the truth to the rest of the staff. Its a no brainer - he does not want to appear like a fool๐Ÿ˜‰. She tricked him good and nobody wants that.
Afterthoughts:
1. Actor who plays Veer(Siddharth Shukla) is experienced actor - before this he did Babul ka Angaan, but his expression range currently appears limited. Wat I am wondering is whether he is limiting his acting to retain mystery at this time ya its a case of truly limited expression range.
2. I like the natural look of the lead actress but, again she appears to lack expression in some scenes;
3. The show stealers are the kid and Parminder (she was previoiusly on Sangaam and a few other shows).
4. Minnie reminds me of the wife from Married with Children๐Ÿ˜ณ
Edited by AnjanaToronto - 14 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@Angel - as it stands story is shaky (I don't think they have quite worked out the details) and the actors are plain flaky, but I like CRAP๐Ÿ˜•. So, I will try to do a more detailed post later๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†
But, I have reserved everywhere and not sure i can deliver anywhere๐Ÿ˜› Despite reports to contrary i am not really bekaaar๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by AnjanaToronto - 14 years ago
QUIRKY333 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@ An.๐Ÿค— ..i have no clue about this show, but came just to read your post...i love everything you write...and like before, i think i'll follow this thread whenever you will write...wish i could watch it, but my real life keeping me too busy for that..also cheering up for jyoti in PKB and Bayttaab forums...

i see minnie and raga here too..๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿค— .haven't talked with any of you for a while...missed you all...hope to yap with you all again sometime after i am done with my real life syapa and you all find a new basera...till then...phir milengey chaltey chaltey ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿค—

once again..AWESOME post and i miss(ed) your posts ๐Ÿ˜Š

PS: minnie tu bhi likhegi? if you do...please PM me the link..would love to read them ๐Ÿค—
KK84 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
@ Anjana - Brilliant take yaar! I have thoroughly missed reading your after thoughts!!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

I dont really follow the show much like Sanju but was great to read your take! and I have seen glimpes of it and agree Veer acting is faaltu!๐Ÿฅฑ Infact all the actors are just as bad! Maybe our expectations have risen watching KK2 in KMH! ๐Ÿ˜›

@ Pinguri -๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค— whatever the show, I loved reading your take! You still continue to inspire me!! I have been writing on Baytaab Dil Ki Tammana hai!! (hehehehe!) but been missing you loads!!๐Ÿค— Glad to read something of yours! its awesome!
QUIRKY333 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
ahh finally finally got to read anjana too...anjana do u even remember when u wrote last? ..what a treat !!...good day for me...๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿค—

since i didn;t watch the show, dont know what anyone is talking about....(but jidhar adda buddies, udhar mein)..๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†..having said that, since you say its a mills & boons kind of story...may be will check it out (FF zindabaad ๐Ÿ˜†)....๐Ÿ˜‰
reepicheep thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hi adda members,its so very nice to see you all here,I was a silent member in the KMH forum but regularly followed the adda posts, you guys rock...its so great to see your fun analysis here too๐Ÿ˜Š an12345678, great post I agree with you, both the actors' expressions and emoting is not that good but I hope it improves...I too got hooked to the show because of its simplicity and of course the M&B kind of story...lets see how long the creatives will use their brains on this one before making it crap, because it is a Indian soap and the lesser expectations you have the lesser you suffer,but nonetheless these shows are addictive๐Ÿ˜‰
As for Veer not confiding into anyone I guess that's because he the suave and high and mighty owner has been taken for a ride by a mere chit of a girl,how can he let his employees know that their boss was tricked...and of course he's going to get his back at her by making her run around all the departments and leaving her hassled,only the thing is they will come into contact more often and he will fall for her.....
I find eye locking sessions very funny,and combined with that trip and catch element its hilarious,I mean what if both of them fall๐Ÿ˜†
Edited by ht312 - 14 years ago
darkstark thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
An: wonderful write up๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ love reading your posts!
me here to accompany in your chota sa ajnabi ๐Ÿ˜†.... the show is appealing so far and the characters are well sketched ..the actors are decent however both need to work on their expressions...the supporting cast Minnie and Parminder are pleasing and the kid is great..the show has potential looking forward to watch it until PB decimates it..
Edited by nayela09 - 14 years ago
Taiyo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@Nayela: ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

PB will for sure decimate it soon... ๐Ÿ˜† He seems to have done his Masters in Drag Art ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you Nayela for posting here and giving a thumbs-up to Chotu Ajnabee ... ๐Ÿ˜†
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
@HT312 - a lot of adda buddies are posting elsewhere these dayz, so if you want to read good analysis then check out Jyoti's threads on Betyyaab Dil ki Tamana on the Sony forum. She and other buddies are also posting on Kritica's show on Sony - Pyaar ka Bandhaan:)