Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

This time I want you to take my feedback with open mind!

Why there is so much urge from you that we must agree to your version of story only? I am really curious as to what will you achieve by getting the similar feedback from all the readers? Is that your goal absolutely not to get any feedback that is different from your logic?

. The writers cannot expect readers to prove their comments, the onus is still on the writer to see why readers have different opinion, of course only if the writer wants to or they can move on. I would never want you to distract from your writing!

Do you want me to lie overnight or feel forced to agree to your point of view just because you explained, why? Though I truly truly appreciate your long explanations, I may still have a different opinion, I am entitled to and it is not a crime in my eyes.

I personally know how hard you work, and most of the times you put up a huge chapter by editing or writing overnight or multiple nights that too after coming back from work. Same is with me as a reader, I have equally busy life, but I find you very important to reply to. If I am reading your story, genuinely provide the feedback, do you think my purpose is to hurt you or point fingers at you or just write a comment about what I felt about the characters from the bottom of my heart? Some constantly passed nasty comments to claim write against the character is insulting the writer, complete BS.

I am yet to read your other long updates and most of link4 to be very frank so I will respond to it later and then let you decide you want me to comment on your story or NOT!

- Swati

I have been so hurt and upset this whole thread that I cannot begin to explain! Writing this story feels like a chore. The only silver lining of this thread is that I now understand why so many writers I admired left the space.

Now your last post is just making it seem like I misunderstood everything. I'm tired of this Swati. I'm sorry. But please don't pull this. Stick by the words you said. Please! I don't know how to play these games and I am tired.

==========================================================================

And here's another convenient narrative. Arpita cannot accept when feedback is different from what she said. That you are just someone who was only explaining your POV and the writer suddenly is chasing you to force her POV on you. Why admit that you dragged the writer in the argument in the first place?

First of all, I would accept this accusation had you actually listed things down as opinions or Point of Views. But that's not what you do. You say you have PROVEN things. You say "This is an absolute FACT and nobody can deny them". You claim what you are saying is the absolute truth. You compile selective things from the FF and say this never happened/ this happened and spin incorrect narratives without verifying them and claim them as facts happened in the story. But I am the one forcing my opinions on you?

Said it before, will say it again. Readers have a right to provide their opinion on things actually happening in the story. They don't have the right to spin false narratives. The only reason you got all those replies from me, is because I believed my other readers will take your version of the things as true. The version you CLAIMED happened in the story with so called proofs without even verifying.

And you call that constructive feedback that I can't take? That it is my goal? I am actually hurt.

Why then I am able to engage properly with all other readers who give the actual feedback. There are several readers who called Arnav names here on this thread. They called him names for things he did. Why am I able to talk to them so properly?

You say you're looking out for me.

Why weren't you looking out for me when I said in clear words to you that it's bothering me to be dragged into this argument and as a writer, I can't reveal things in advance?

Why weren't you concerned for me when I said explicitly that the accusations you are laying and the answers you are demanding are impacting me to the degree where I wanted to take a break from the whole thing? Then my mental health was a joke for you, right?

And why weren't you looking out for me when you DEMANDED my answer to that " weak excuse of a proof" you compiled, I answered in 12k words and you didn't bother reading them before reiterating the whole thing in the very next comment? I answered everything logically, directly from the FF, shared my research, broke it down into parts and that is me forcing my opinion on you? But You're looking out for me?

And yes, readers do have a responsibility. If they're gonna claim something I never wrote, they better back it up or NOT SAY IT AT ALL! Because it's not feedback. Its nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking. Because they can't let go notion of a character they have set in their minds.

Author has no responsibility to explain the notions and air castles a reader built in their head without any relation to the outgoing story. Especially when author is repeatedly requesting the reader to verify the details before claiming them as FACTS or ABSOLUTE TRUTHS.

You still haven't acknowledged your claims which were outrightly wrong (the whole 'LA' nickname thing that you claimed never happened in the story and everything else that I have proven incorrect)

I have always welcomed hits on both my characters with open arms, but you have made me realize I have my limits too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not okay with any of this. I am not. I am not this confrontational person and I hate writing this note. It genuinely pains me to be rude to people. And I have never done that. Online or otherwise.

So, I am so sorry for speaking to you in such a manner if it hurt you, but this needs to stop TODAY.

So I am tired of this little game that we are playing after every chapter. It's taking away all the joy of writing. Despite you claiming you didn't intend to do so, I am sorry to inform you that is exactly what you have been doing by stating incorrect facts that I spend hours clarifying so other readers don't get affected by wrong sequences. I genuinely tried answering your queries. I requested you to verify things.

I am especially tired of you backing out from the things that you said and then claim you never meant it. I am especially tired off you getting called out and then immediately telling me 'No Arpita you understood it Wrong'. I don't like this blame game that you dragged me into and suddenly I am standing in all the mud alone. I am not this rude person, and I cannot operate or write like this.

You think it's your right as a reader to state things as claims and call them POV when I prove it wrong. I disagree. It's as simple as that. I requested you guys to share your opinion on things that actually happened in my story, and if that is too much to ask for then I am sorry. I Will take you up on that offer that you wrote in your last line. If those are the only kind of comments you can make, then maybe this is where we respectfully part ways and you don't comment anymore on the story.

Because I am never going to be okay with incorrect narrative being passed around and I cannot afford to lose a single more reply on these things. I don't know when I will write otherwise. Again, extremely sorry for any language that may have offended you till date. And I did not want things to come to this. Unfortunately, this is the only option now for both of ours's sanity. Let's just call it quits here and move on. It's just a story.

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

I have been so hurt and upset this whole thread that I cannot begin to explain! Writing this story feels like a chore. The only silver lining of this thread is that I now understand why so many writers I admired left the space.

Now your last post is just making it seem like I misunderstood everything. I'm tired of this Swati. I'm sorry. But please don't pull this. Stick by the words you said. Please! I don't know how to play these games and I am tired.

==========================================================================

And here's another convenient narrative. Arpita cannot accept when feedback is different from what she said. That you are just someone who was only explaining your POV and the writer suddenly is chasing you to force her POV on you. Why admit that you dragged the writer in the argument in the first place?

First of all, I would accept this accusation had you actually listed things down as opinions or Point of Views. But that's not what you do. You say you have PROVEN things. You say "This is an absolute FACT and nobody can deny them". You claim what you are saying is the absolute truth. You compile selective things from the FF and say this never happened/ this happened and spin incorrect narratives without verifying them and claim them as facts happened in the story. But I am the one forcing my opinions on you?

Said it before, will say it again. Readers have a right to provide their opinion on things actually happening in the story. They don't have the right to spin false narratives. The only reason you got all those replies from me, is because I believed my other readers will take your version of the things as true. The version you CLAIMED happened in the story with so called proofs without even verifying.

And you call that constructive feedback that I can't take? That it is my goal? I am actually hurt.

Why then I am able to engage properly with all other readers who give the actual feedback. There are several readers who called Arnav names here on this thread. They called him names for things he did. Why am I able to talk to them so properly?

You say you're looking out for me.

Why weren't you looking out for me when I said in clear words to you that it's bothering me to be dragged into this argument and as a writer, I can't reveal things in advance?

Why weren't you concerned for me when I said explicitly that the accusations you are laying and the answers you are demanding are impacting me to the degree where I wanted to take a break from the whole thing? Then my mental health was a joke for you, right?

And why weren't you looking out for me when you DEMANDED my answer to that " weak excuse of a proof" you compiled, I answered in 12k words and you didn't bother reading them before reiterating the whole thing in the very next comment? I answered everything logically, directly from the FF, shared my research, broke it down into parts and that is me forcing my opinion on you? But You're looking out for me?

And yes, readers do have a responsibility. If they're gonna claim something I never wrote, they better back it up or NOT SAY IT AT ALL! Because it's not feedback. Its nitpicking just for the sake of nitpicking. Because they can't let go notion of a character they have set in their minds.

Author has no responsibility to explain the notions and air castles a reader built in their head without any relation to the outgoing story. Especially when author is repeatedly requesting the reader to verify the details before claiming them as FACTS or ABSOLUTE TRUTHS.

You still haven't acknowledged your claims which were outrightly wrong (the whole 'LA' nickname thing that you claimed never happened in the story and everything else that I have proven incorrect)

I have always welcomed hits on both my characters with open arms, but you have made me realize I have my limits too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not okay with any of this. I am not. I am not this confrontational person and I hate writing this note. It genuinely pains me to be rude to people. And I have never done that. Online or otherwise.

So, I am so sorry for speaking to you in such a manner if it hurt you, but this needs to stop TODAY.

So I am tired of this little game that we are playing after every chapter. It's taking away all the joy of writing. Despite you claiming you didn't intend to do so, I am sorry to inform you that is exactly what you have been doing by stating incorrect facts that I spend hours clarifying so other readers don't get affected by wrong sequences. I genuinely tried answering your queries. I requested you to verify things.

I am especially tired of you backing out from the things that you said and then claim you never meant it. I am especially tired off you getting called out and then immediately telling me 'No Arpita you understood it Wrong'. I don't like this blame game that you dragged me into and suddenly I am standing in all the mud alone. I am not this rude person, and I cannot operate or write like this.

I clearly said my bad for the things I called you for.

You think it's your right as a reader to state things as claims and call them POV when I prove it wrong. I disagree. It's as simple as that. I requested you guys to share your opinion on things that actually happened in my story, and if that is too much to ask for then I am sorry. I Will take you up on that offer that you wrote in your last line. If those are the only kind of comments you can make, then maybe this is where we respectfully part ways and you don't comment anymore on the story.

Hang in there for my last explanation to you.

Because I am never going to be okay with incorrect narrative being passed around and I cannot afford to lose a single more reply on these things. I don't know when I will write otherwise. Again, extremely sorry for any language that may have offended you till date. And I did not want things to come to this. Unfortunately, this is the only option now for both of ours's sanity. Let's just call it quits here and move on. It's just a story.

Arpita - I take things head on and never back off. I am serious with my claim here. I will just explain one things because I owe you and I will move on too. It's just a stroy, but I have taken the maximum flak many times for no reasons too and you have to accept that just like I accept openly what are my faults. Just see today's instant comments by other people as soon as I wrote to you and you will know.

Just hang in there. Yes I agree with you 200% if you say we part ways after my next explanation for you.

- Swati

VeiledWords thumbnail

Arpita - I take things head on and never back off. I am serious with my claim here. I will just explain one things because I owe you and I will move on too. It's just a stroy, but I have taken the maximum flak many times for no reasons too and you have to accept that just like I accept openly what are my faults. Just see today's instant comments by other people as soon as I wrote to you and you will know.

Just hang in there. Yes I agree with you 200% if you say we part ways after my next explanation for you.

- Swati

Hi Swati, I have spoken all that I needed to. My stance and request both are not going to change. You don't owe any explanations anymore. Let's just respectfully end this here.

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Arpita,

I read your longest note by now and first of all thank you for detailed explanation and I would like to clarify few things and this time I truly hope you wonder how the same story is read differently by me as a reader versus your version. And I pray you see it too and these are purely my thoughts as to how I analyzed situations and commented.

I have personally never called Arnav a womanizer or a swinger. Right from chapter one, I clearly said he is eligible to have his new partner or GF only after properly breaking up with Khushi. I never said he deserted Khushi over the years, I have always talked about last one year as specified in the story while I clearly said their marriage worked for 9 years despite Arnav and Khushi not being equal, Khushi putting more efforts and the cheating part especially with exact dates I provided. You can cross verify all my comments or ask others to do it. And by mistake also if I have called Arnav womanizer or a swinger, I am ready to own it right away. I live in USA for years and people here date, live-in, marry at 70 or 80 too and I am all for it.

I felt Khushi showed instinct based on wanting to work in Lucknow. My Panchayat argument was based on simple things, story never says it was Khap so Khap rules / punishments from any article are invalid here since Panchayat Raj does not follow them. Shyam dropped Khushi outside the grove of village, Khushi did not enter the village with Shyam at all. Shyam held Khushi’s hands outside village boundary. What charges Panchayat Raj has against Khushi was never discussed in the story. This was my main reason to think Khushi can handle situation since you always push in hints, twists for it to be used later and Panchayat has no role to involve or punish her for Shyam incident that happened outside the boundary of the village was my first thought. How much ever strong Panchayat is, they do NOT want to involve in the activities that did not happen within village boundary, this is firsthand information though our dealings are purely limited to ancestry lands and temple ceremonies in the villages in Karnataka.

The Panchayat Raj is not illegal like Khap, it comes under legal Indian constitution, gram panchayat and proper laws in India. No Panchayat Raj does the justice on the spot, whole village is present, the accused is given enough opportunity to present their side. The Panchayat raj systems care more about their image, not to look bad in the eyes of laws or govt because they are heavily dependent on grants from the state and union government (this was my independent research on Panchayat Raj from Panchayat.gov.in and few other websites before comments). No Khushi is important for them than the grants they get. Also as per the story, Garima already told Khushi they will take care of Panchayat; Khushi had the whole night to think about it and worst-case scenario she would still come across as a victim with marks on her hands. I was just being positive for Khushi since she has started taking bold steps, no details in story about charges by Panchayat so I gave Khushi benefit of doubt that she can handle the situation mainly based on your hint of Khushi-Shyam argument happened outside the boundary of the village. I never thought about anything else while your explanation is completely different. See how different our thoughts are like chalk and cheese...

Now the lawyer guiding Arnav on texts with Lavanya, but he didn't stop Arnav from meeting her. This reference I took from your story itself as to what lawyers did in second situation in the same story. Arnav was not allowed to talk to his own wife under his own roof after divorce proceedings started and once the lawyers got involved. The same lawyers should not have allowed him to meet or talk to Lavanya, the other woman or even talk to her once they are involved and the proceedings go via them was my first thought. There can be photo leak, gossip which is what exactly happened. I simply compared two situations from the same story and felt there is contradictory behavior by the lawyers. How can lawyer guide him about texts but do not see risks in him meeting Lavanya? I hope you are getting it.

Coming to my point as to why I feel Arnav cheated on Khushi after Panchgani mishap. As per laws in India, if a woman gets pregnant out of wedlock, it is purely woman’s choice to keep the baby or abort, the man has NO say in it. So, Arnav never had a choice here in the first place to tell Lavanya to abort the baby. Both man and woman are only responsible for the child's financial support and health insurance etc. for the child. The mother gets the primary rights over the baby, but they can also offer baby to adoption if they don't want to keep it. As per law, neither man nor woman is responsible towards each other legally, morally, or emotionally since they are mature adults who are not in a relationship and the man is married to someone else. But he can offer monitory help unofficially if required but that’s not the case here since both Arnav and Lavanya are stinking rich.

Arnav was a married man here with Khushi. And as a married man, this was not his decision to make with Lavanya, the other woman but he needed to tell his wife first and needed to make decision with his wife. If Khushi decided to walk away, Arnav can support Lavanya whichever way he wants. But if Khushi decides to support him, they together make next plan of action is the only way to go and nothing else as per the law. Arnav should have simply told Lavanya that you realize I am married so give me some time to discuss this with my wife and then I will inform you the next plan of action. He kept his wife in dark and chose to meet the other woman behind her back is a case of emotional / physical / cyber cheating as per the laws in India and pretty much most part of the world too.

Just because Lavanya had ulterior motives and came up with her drama and Arnav did not use resources to realize the laws, or Lavanya has enough money, manpower, solid help system; does not make his decision right for me. Despite Lavanya’s cry for help, Arnav needed to involve his wife immediately and he failed to do that yet continued meeting Lavanya behind Khushi’s back. Remember I said I have confirmed this so here are the details. In India, the wife/husband is allowed to sue spouse along with the other woman/man and apply for divorce for adultery. The victim here is only Khushi who got cheated on, neither Lavanya nor Arnav. Khushi was no where involved directly but she got hurt the most, it would be embarrassing, shameful for her to face this truth in public or otherwise, tarnishing to her image, affecting her mental and physical health and so on. Also adultery was a punishable crime in India up to 5 years of imprisonment until 2018 under Hindu, Jain, Buddhists and Sikhs (all except for Muslims is what I read) and constitutional act 350s onwards, 400s onwards of cheating, 497 with it's number of sections and 498a and related Hindu marriage acts 1955 onwards but since the Joseph Shine v. case happened in Sept 2018, the supreme court India dismissed adultery as a crime. Still the spose that got cheated is allowed to sue and get divorce immediately on the basis of adultery. So, what Arnav is doing here as a responsibility towards other woman morally, emotionally and honor as you specified in your explanation as well as mentioned in the story can be not just cheating but officially a crime against his wife in India in 2015.

On a side note, I realized India has had fabulous marriage and children acts since 1950s, improvised over the years and I am so proud of my Incredible India! I downloaded few laws from the official websites while got few docs and links from a lawyer in India to read and add to my knowledge, yes I am crazy, ha ha....

Since we were applying Panchayat laws, other laws / articles for a man's rights etc., I read laws, confirmed with my resources and felt I can apply constitutional laws too. Now compare my observation with the movie Rocky and Rani, how similar two situations are. Something I failed to explain all these days is right there in this movie. I hope I explained why I felt what Arnav did in panic mode without seeing the bigger picture or not including Khushi in his decisions about Lavanya was cheating. Few others told you about dates, I told you about this one, as simple as that. There is no other intention or narrative to it. You are the writer, and you can happily decide your version anyways. I just showed you another window or shades or grey that makes me see the same character in different light just similar to how I analyzed Panchayat situation differently from you. Same story, very different thought process by me as a reader versus other readers and writer I guess.

I truly and seriously hope you see my different point of view and NOT take it negatively or blame me for anything I said above, it's just that some people go extreme in their analysis or thinking and maybe I am one of them due to my day job and industry I work in..

Arpita, I have enjoyed your story. I don't know what went wrong by end of link3, it was nothing between you and me but too late to re-discuss, waste your and my time.. It's unfortunate you never enjoyed my different perspective of seeing things, hence I agree with you 200%, we should part ways here... Yes, I am convinced I do see things differently and I am not apologetic about it and you are already uncomfortable, so no point...

Surprisingly some readers really appreciated my thought process and my different track of mind to analyze things, so fast and furious (love you for calling me F&F), I am thankful from the bottom of my heart! Few bashed me royally for being proactive too, I take that too in stride and move on.

Specific Others - It's your turn to do what you are fabulous at. Don't forget to enjoy as a group when you shot me down one last time! I know I am that important in your life!

Cheers,

- Swati

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail

Arpita,

I read your longest note by now and first of all thank you for detailed explanation and I would like to clarify few things and this time I truly hope you wonder how the same story is read differently by me as a reader versus your version. And I pray you see it too and these are purely my thoughts as to how I analyzed situations and commented.

I have personally never called Arnav a womanizer or a swinger. Right from chapter one, I clearly said he is eligible to have his new partner or GF only after properly breaking up with Khushi. I never said he deserted Khushi over the years, I have always talked about last one year as specified in the story while I clearly said their marriage worked for 9 years despite Arnav and Khushi not being equal, Khushi putting more efforts and the cheating part especially with exact dates I provided. You can cross verify all my comments or ask others to do it. And by mistake also if I have called Arnav womanizer or a swinger, I am ready to own it right away. I live in USA for years and people here date, live-in, marry at 70 or 80 too and I am all for it.

I felt Khushi showed instinct based on wanting to work in Lucknow. My Panchayat argument was based on simple things, story never says it was Khap so Khap rules / punishments from any article are invalid here since Panchayat Raj does not follow them. Shyam dropped Khushi outside the grove of village, Khushi did not enter the village with Shyam at all. Shyam held Khushi’s hands outside village boundary. What charges Panchayat Raj has against Khushi was never discussed in the story. This was my main reason to think Khushi can handle situation since you always push in hints, twists for it to be used later and Panchayat has no role to involve or punish her for Shyam incident that happened outside the boundary of the village was my first thought. How much ever strong Panchayat is, they do NOT want to involve in the activities that did not happen within village boundary, this is firsthand information though our dealings are purely limited to ancestry lands and temple ceremonies in the villages in Karnataka.

The Panchayat Raj is not illegal like Khap, it comes under legal Indian constitution, gram panchayat and proper laws in India. No Panchayat Raj does the justice on the spot, whole village is present, the accused is given enough opportunity to present their side. The Panchayat raj systems care more about their image, not to look bad in the eyes of laws or govt because they are heavily dependent on grants from the state and union government (this was my independent research on Panchayat Raj from Panchayat.gov.in and few other websites before comments). No Khushi is important for them than the grants they get. Also as per the story, Garima already told Khushi they will take care of Panchayat; Khushi had the whole night to think about it and worst-case scenario she would still come across as a victim with marks on her hands. I was just being positive for Khushi since she has started taking bold steps, no details in story about charges by Panchayat so I gave Khushi benefit of doubt that she can handle the situation mainly based on your hint of Khushi-Shyam argument happened outside the boundary of the village. I never thought about anything else while your explanation is completely different. See how different our thoughts are like chalk and cheese...

Now the lawyer guiding Arnav on texts with Lavanya, but he didn't stop Arnav from meeting her. This reference I took from your story itself as to what lawyers did in second situation in the same story. Arnav was not allowed to talk to his own wife under his own roof after divorce proceedings started and once the lawyers got involved. The same lawyers should not have allowed him to meet or talk to Lavanya, the other woman or even talk to her once they are involved and the proceedings go via them was my first thought. There can be photo leak, gossip which is what exactly happened. I simply compared two situations from the same story and felt there is contradictory behavior by the lawyers. How can lawyer guide him about texts but do not see risks in him meeting Lavanya? I hope you are getting it.

Coming to my point as to why I feel Arnav cheated on Khushi after Panchgani mishap. As per laws in India, if a woman gets pregnant out of wedlock, it is purely woman’s choice to keep the baby or abort, the man has NO say in it. So, Arnav never had a choice here in the first place to tell Lavanya to abort the baby. Both man and woman are only responsible for the child's financial support and health insurance etc. for the child. The mother gets the primary rights over the baby, but they can also offer baby to adoption if they don't want to keep it. As per law, neither man nor woman is responsible towards each other legally, morally, or emotionally since they are mature adults who are not in a relationship and the man is married to someone else. But he can offer monitory help unofficially if required but that’s not the case here since both Arnav and Lavanya are stinking rich.

Arnav was a married man here with Khushi. And as a married man, this was not his decision to make with Lavanya, the other woman but he needed to tell his wife first and needed to make decision with his wife. If Khushi decided to walk away, Arnav can support Lavanya whichever way he wants. But if Khushi decides to support him, they together make next plan of action is the only way to go and nothing else as per the law. Arnav should have simply told Lavanya that you realize I am married so give me some time to discuss this with my wife and then I will inform you the next plan of action. He kept his wife in dark and chose to meet the other woman behind her back is a case of emotional / physical / cyber cheating as per the laws in India and pretty much most part of the world too.

Just because Lavanya had ulterior motives and came up with her drama and Arnav did not use resources to realize the laws, or Lavanya has enough money, manpower, solid help system; does not make his decision right for me. Despite Lavanya’s cry for help, Arnav needed to involve his wife immediately and he failed to do that yet continued meeting Lavanya behind Khushi’s back. Remember I said I have confirmed this so here are the details. In India, the wife is allowed to sue husband along with the other woman and apply for divorce for adultery. The victim here is only Khushi who got cheated on, neither Lavanya nor Arnav. Khushi was no where involved directly but she got hurt the most, it would be embarrassing, shameful for her to face this truth in public or otherwise, tarnishing to her image, affecting her mental and physical health and so on. Also adultery was a punishable crime in India up to 5 years of imprisonment until 2018 under Hindu, Jain, Buddhists and Sikhs (all except for Muslims is what I read) and constitutional act 497 and 498a plus related marriage acts but since the Joseph Shine v. case happened in Sept 2018, the supreme court India dismissed adultery as a crime. Still the spose that got cheated is allowed to sue and get divorce immediately on the basis of adultery. So, what Arnav is doing here as a responsibility towards other woman morally, emotionally and honor as you specified in your explanation as well as mentioned in the story can be not just cheating but officially a crime against his wife in India in 2015.

On a side note, I realized India has had fabulous marriage and children acts since 1950s, improvised over the years and I am so proud of my Incredible India! I downloaded laws from the official websites to read and add to my knowledge, yes I am crazy, ha ha....

Since we were applying Panchayat laws, other laws / articles for a man's rights etc., I read laws, confirmed with my resources and felt I can apply constitutional laws too. Now compare my observation with the movie Rocky and Rani, how similar two situations are. Something I failed to explain all these days is right there in this movie. I hope I explained why I felt what Arnav did in panic mode without seeing the bigger picture or not including Khushi in his decisions about Lavanya was cheating. Few others told you about dates, I told you about this one, as simple as that. There is no other intention to it. You are the writer, and you can happily decide your version anyways. I just showed you another window that makes me see the same character in different light just similar to how I analyzed Panchayat situation differently from you. Same story, very different thought process by me as a reader versus other readers and writer I guess.

I truly and seriously hope you see my different point of view and NOT take it negatively or blame me for anything I said above, it's just that some people go extreme in their analysis or thinking and maybe I am one of them due to my day job and industry I work in..

Arpita, I have enjoyed your story. I don't know what went wrong by end of link3, it was nothing between you and me but too late to re-discuss, waste your and my time.. It's unfortunate you never enjoyed my different perspective of seeing things, hence I agree with you 200%, we should part ways here... Yes, I am convinced I do see things differently and I am not apologetic about it and you are already uncomfortable, so no point...

Surprisingly some readers really appreciated my thought process and my different track of mind to analyze things, so fast and furious (love you for calling me F&F), I am thankful from the bottom of my heart! Few bashed me royally for being proactive too, I take that too in stride and move on.

Specific Others - It's your turn to do what you are fabulous at. Don't forget to enjoy as a group when you shot me down one last time! I know I am that important in your life!

Cheers,

- Swati

This is again everything that I spent hours trying to make everyone understand. Adn will just force me to write a reply when I don't have the strength to.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts one final time Swati. It has been a fun ride for most part.

Again, I'm bound to clear the things that didn't happen in the story for all other readers.

1. You mentioned Panchayat's charges against Khushi are not mentioned in the FF, your entire argument is based onto this - And that is once more, incorrect. FF clearly mentioned it. You again didn't verify from the story.

2. The Panchayat laws you cited here are already answered by me. Why the one that sat down to punish Khushi is NOT the legal one is also explained by me. There is a reason Arnav's family supported village elections in chapter 1 and dead against the one that sat down for Khushi. The whole alibi of Khushi also depended on something that was once again mentioned in the FF but missed clearly.

3. Arnav Meeting Lavanya (hardly a couple of times) - answered that from the proactive perspective of legally, morally and ethically in detail, including the background of the whole thing that differs so much from simple 'adultery' but that's fine.

And your whole above point, where you say I "justified" Arnav doing what he did, was again me stating Arnav's thought process. I think I am the one who wrote the chapter where Khushi shot down Arnav's explanation for these, so I don't know what that criticism is for. Also, it's been long, but I would like to visit some stories in the forum and see just how realistic an FF's standard should be. And how consistent the characters have been; I'm sure there must be a reason for Resurgence's 'legal' and 'medical' scrutiny.

I honestly appreciate the time you took for this, but this was my exact point. Things stated here are again not verified from the FF, neither thought out from the twisted perspective and powerplay that was already going on there. Neither were ANY of the previous messages carried the understanding tone that is being used in these final replies.

Hopefully you can see the massive difference in aggression in your answers here and before, so I am also not going to apologize for feeling what I felt too with everything that has been said in this thread because everything that hurt me was already listen in my last answer and conveniently ignored by you again. It was anyway heading towards this direction since quite some time now.

Genuinely, Thank you once again for your contribution till now. Good Luck.

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

This is again everything that I spent hours trying to make everyone understand. Adn will just force me to write a reply when I don't have the strength to.

Thanks for letting me know your thoughts one final time Swati. It has been a fun ride for most part.

Again, I'm bound to clear the things that didn't happen in the story for all other readers.

1. You mentioned Panchayat's charges against Khushi are not mentioned in the FF, your entire argument is based onto this - And that is once more, incorrect. FF clearly mentioned it. You again didn't verify from the story.

2. The Panchayat laws you cited here are already answered by me. Why the one that sat down to punish Khushi is NOT the legal one is also explained by me. There is a reason Arnav's family supported village elections in chapter 1 and dead against the one that sat down for Khushi. The whole alibi of Khushi also depended on something that was once again mentioned in the FF but missed clearly.

3. Arnav Meeting Lavanya (hardly a couple of times) - answered that from the proactive perspective of legally, morally and ethically in detail, including the background of the whole thing that differs so much from simple 'adultery' but that's fine.

And your whole above point, where you say I "justified" Arnav doing what he did, was again me stating Arnav's thought process. I think I am the one who wrote the chapter where Khushi shot down Arnav's explanation for these, so I don't know what that criticism is for. Also, it's been long, but I would like to visit some stories in the forum and see just how realistic an FF's standard should be. And how consistent the characters have been; I'm sure there must be a reason for Resurgence's 'legal' and 'medical' scrutiny.

I honestly appreciate the time you took for this, but this was my exact point. Things stated here are again not verified from the FF, neither thought out from the twisted perspective and powerplay that was already going on there. Neither were ANY of the previous messages carried the understanding tone that is being used in these final replies.

Hopefully you can see the massive difference in aggression in your answers here and before, so I am also not going to apologize for feeling what I felt too with everything that has been said in this thread because everything that hurt me was already listen in my last answer and conveniently ignored by you again. It was anyway heading towards this direction since quite some time now.

Genuinely, Thank you once again for your contribution till now. Good Luck.

Arpita,

My Panchayat argument was based on Khushi-Shyam being outside the boundary of village, I took that as your twist or hint. I literally thought Panchayat laws will not be applicable in this situation for Khushi, she being outside of the village boundary while arguing with Shyam and how differently we think but never mind, silly me. So sorry if I miscommunicated here and other points I purposely did not read any further. My main intention is different, just say sorry.

Maybe I truly need to learn to communicate or explain my point of view differently. Hopefully I will learn one day. I just wanted to reach politely and show nothing else was my intention but I don't see it happening which is my fault again, I acknowledge it.

I was not apologetic for being different, does not mean anything other than that. If you felt my response was aggressive for you, I realize I get focused truly on some point and everything else is blank for me. I am truly sorry if you feel my response aggressive. You should be the one never saying sorry to me, that's how I feel and I am the one SORRY here.

I wish you all the best too, I forgot simple thing like this. I can see how I get one track often. I read your responses but not a single word to others. I am really sorry for making you feel hurt though it was never my intention.

Real life calling, my twins first day at school for the 2023 school year, fun stories to look forward to.

Once again big time SORRY and GOOD LUCK! Good lord, this is last one....

- Swati

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Arpita,

First of all, wishing you a very Happy Birthday!❤️ May you get all the love and happiness.

I wish you have a wonderful week, away from this forum for the sake of your loved ones and your sanity.

Thank you for the tag, I am glad that my critique was appreciated by the writer.

Its unfortunate that you had to spend the week trying to justify your writing.

Here's my take:

Coming to Arnav's character from my POV, I dislike his character for now. Despite trying to be the ideal husband, he has taken Khushi for granted. For this I feel, Khushi was somewhat responsible too since she let him take her for granted. She let him prioritize work over everything else.

And I hate how Arnav behaved with Khushi during the past year. Ignorance is one of the worst things that you can do to your loved ones. I keep saying this over and over again, despite being the sharp business man that Arnav was, he dealt with it quite immaturely. He ran away from his problems and avoided confrontation.

We see him as a person who loves to take risks, given his love for adventure sports and is someone who is thoroughly prepares for his future, given his regular will updates. Yet he decided to his brain a vacation when his personal life needed it. He should have acted when the first jenga block was pulled from carefully constructed life instead of waited for all the blocks to fall and burn, leaving to option to rebuild it.

At this point I feel like Arnav's sense of responsibility outweighs his love for Khushi. He does not want to share his feelings with her, gives priority to his guilt but tries to make sure that Khushi is financially sound.

Coming to the Panchgani incident, I am not sure what to label it (whether its a r*pe or ONS) This incident is all shades of grey (atleast to me). The incident was consensual at the end but under the influence of alcohol (Technically Arnav was not of sound mind) He may have realised that the person he is with is not Khushi (his wife) but Lavanya.

I am no where near absolving Arnav from that incident. He refused the choice to leave, started having suicidal thoughts and slept with another woman(infidelity is something I cannot forgive)

My trust in Arnav, as a woman is ruined. In the future, if Arnav-Khushi do decide to move forward together, whenever they get intimate Khushi is definitely going to imagine Arnav and Lavanya and feel repulsed.

I don't know how Khushi can get past this, so at times I see them continuing as friends in the future and not as spouses. So that's where my trust comes in you Arpita ji, you will blow us away with the future updates. I am sure to be shaken and question my ideas.

My only complaint with Khushi (or any other person in this situation is that) she made Arnav her Sun. Her life would mostly revolve around him. Udaan was probably the only part of her that was not related to her.

All I wish for her is to put her own name on top of her list.

Now for some dramatic ideas, I am curious to see the budding relationship between Khushi and VD ( rubs hands gleefully) and see Arnav do a full Ninja takedown on MaLa D and get smacked by Payal(can she please be my virtual avatar while she shakes the life out of Arnav?)

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Also, I feel the reason everyone has such extreme opinions about Arnav is that we have put him on a pedestal.

When we come across the name Arnav, we see Barun playing the character. And in real life, he is the dream guy. We all love his and his wife Pashmeen's love story.

Because he looked so attractive playing ASR/Arnav in the show, a lot of the viewers and fans have forgotten that his character had shades of grey. Even in the show, I did not like how everything was forgotten and forgiven during the second marriage. It's like everyone forgot the looming dark clouds and decided to join hands and dance around the rainbow, singing about sunshine.

I was not happy with this turn of events and that's the reason, I turned to the world of fan fiction. Arnav redemption tracks were super popular at the beginning.

We all love Sanaya and Barun as Arnav and Khushi so much that it breaks our hearts to see any of the 2 of them making a mistake and ruining their chances at a happy ending.

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: dair10arshi

Hi Arpita,

First of all, wishing you a very Happy Birthday!❤️ May you get all the love and happiness.

I wish you have a wonderful week, away from this forum for the sake of your loved ones and your sanity.

Thank you for the tag, I am glad that my critique was appreciated by the writer.

Its unfortunate that you had to spend the week trying to justify your writing.

Here's my take:

Coming to Arnav's character from my POV, I dislike his character for now. Despite trying to be the ideal husband, he has taken Khushi for granted. For this I feel, Khushi was somewhat responsible too since she let him take her for granted. She let him prioritize work over everything else.

And I hate how Arnav behaved with Khushi during the past year. Ignorance is one of the worst things that you can do to your loved ones. I keep saying this over and over again, despite being the sharp business man that Arnav was, he dealt with it quite immaturely. He ran away from his problems and avoided confrontation.

We see him as a person who loves to take risks, given his love for adventure sports and is someone who is thoroughly prepares for his future, given his regular will updates. Yet he decided to his brain a vacation when his personal life needed it. He should have acted when the first jenga block was pulled from carefully constructed life instead of waited for all the blocks to fall and burn, leaving to option to rebuild it.

At this point I feel like Arnav's sense of responsibility outweighs his love for Khushi. He does not want to share his feelings with her, gives priority to his guilt but tries to make sure that Khushi is financially sound.

Coming to the Panchgani incident, I am not sure what to label it (whether its a r*pe or ONS) This incident is all shades of grey (atleast to me). The incident was consensual at the end but under the influence of alcohol (Technically Arnav was not of sound mind) He may have realised that the person he is with is not Khushi (his wife) but Lavanya.

I am no where near absolving Arnav from that incident. He refused the choice to leave, started having suicidal thoughts and slept with another woman(infidelity is something I cannot forgive)

My trust in Arnav, as a woman is ruined. In the future, if Arnav-Khushi do decide to move forward together, whenever they get intimate Khushi is definitely going to imagine Arnav and Lavanya and feel repulsed.

I don't know how Khushi can get past this, so at times I see them continuing as friends in the future and not as spouses. So that's where my trust comes in you Arpita ji, you will blow us away with the future updates. I am sure to be shaken and question my ideas.

My only complaint with Khushi (or any other person in this situation is that) she made Arnav her Sun. Her life would mostly revolve around him. Udaan was probably the only part of her that was not related to her.

All I wish for her is to put her own name on top of her list.

Now for some dramatic ideas, I am curious to see the budding relationship between Khushi and VD ( rubs hands gleefully) and see Arnav do a full Ninja takedown on MaLa D and get smacked by Payal(can she please be my virtual avatar while she shakes the life out of Arnav?)

Hi!

I totally agree with you on the front that Arnav's behavior of past one year (before the Panchgani incident) was abominable. He lived inside his head and convinced himself of a lot of things that weren't true. I think that is blatant disrespect of your partner. However, I also feel like there is still some missing piece that is yet to unfold. Whatever it is that is keeping him from wanting a child, has unfortunately played a huge role in why their relationship has gone down. Regardless of that though, it does not justify not talking to your partner, does not justify leaving the room when your partner walks in. He may have been guilty, however, from Khushi's point of view, this is devastating. I wish Khushi had actually thrown a huge tantrum and told him to treat her with the respect she deserves. But we all know, Khushi would never do that. She instead made the other room he moved to comfortable (an action I do have gripe with).

However, we will have to agree to disagree on your take on Panchgani. I fall under the category of people who think that there was absolutely NO CONSENT. Not at all. He said no multiple times, and even if he has fleeting memories, he was in no position to consent at that time or even stop. Even if Arnav who holds himself to exacting standards thinks so, it was not possible for him to stop. He was not in a state to call his driver by his own. This is non-consensual sex for me through and through. And I am pretty firm on this regard. So, I do not agree that Khushi will think about La and Arnav if they get intimate in future, because I am assuming by then, Khushi will know the truth. I hope she knows the truth. And once she does, there is no question of "infidelity". My opinion is that it can only be infidelity if Arnav KNOWINGLY cheated on Khushi. However, as I have already mentioned, I do not believe he did.

And then, thirdly, I completely agree with you that Khushi needs to put herself on the top of the list now. It is her turn to be the sun, moon and the stars. And it is Arnav's turn to be in the shadows. :)

Oh and also, I am as excited as you to see Manali and Lavanya going down!. That is going to be one satisfying read. However, I do not share your excitement for Khushi and VD. :P

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Yes Khushi really needs to find her own self now. I am really happy for her. Vidit can be that friend or a mentor(in the culinary industry or may be life in general) Khushi needs now. We will find that later. More than that my heart will not take 😜

I am very worried about the Panchgani night and honestly it’s very scary what might have happened to Arnav that night.

As I have said before there is something missing, even the memory he has there are so many blind spots.

We will just get to know after lunatics chapter as she was in her senses. Why I say that it’s clear from the chapter the way she pulled back Arnav from the balcony, led him to the room, shut the door with her heels.

But the best part is Arnav has started answering.

Lunatic and her sidekick going down in a filmy style is the dream 😉

I hope whenever the truth comes out, Arnav is able to deal with this trauma and even khushi too.

It’s not easy for a partner too when the other goes through something like this. It takes emotional toll on everyone. The entire family suffers.