Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Hey di,

since everyone is so entitled to their opinion I just want to say mine because I have refrained from sharing one for so long in this thread.

Everyone praised you for engaging with us but that’s now a flaw apparently!

The one thing we were grateful for because no writer ever does that is now a fault too.

I don’t want you stopping engaging with us because of a chastising that frankly doesn’t make sense to me. Please don’t do that.

I just want to say that I have seen you take all feedbacks in stride and will NEVER agree that you remotely did anything close to as to force your opinion on any of us. You said this in your last few comments too right? Plenty of us still critiqued Arnav including Akanksha and Dair. And everyone had a great chat.

You simply called out the false narratives being spread in the comment section damaging your story and you have all the right to do so. Do not be disheartened because nobody here is a fool to fall into blame games and stuff and think this is your burden.

IT’s NOT! PROVING SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN THE STORY IS NOT YOUR JOB AS A WRITER AND NEITHER DOES ANY OF US HAVE A RIGHT TO DEMAND AND EXPLANATION AND THEN DEMEAN IT BY NOT EVEN READING!

Edited by Learrntowrite - 1 years ago
SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Dear Arpita,

Wishing you love, life and happiness always!

Designer Happy Birthday Gifs

Thanks to others for letting know that this week is Arpita's birthday!

coderlady thumbnail

Can we reach some kind of compromise ladies?

We can all agree to a few things. Everyone can have their opinion. There is no right or wrong or black or white. There are many shades of grey. There is no way we will all see things the same way.

That being said, why is anyone trying so hard to convince others to see things the same way? Its fair to ask someone why they felt the way they did. Its also OK to put forward your reasoning for your point of view. But if someone doesn't buy that, walk away. Sometimes people see a different opinion and think, I didn't look at it from that perspective. Now that I think about it, I can see that too. But that will not always happen. Even if you did not convince someone to change their opinion, you hopefully gave them food for thought. That's the whole point of a discussion.

I think where the whole thing derailed is when there was the idea of PROOF. Proof only works to bring out hard facts. How people perceive the facts is again taking you back into the same territory as opinions.

The story is not even over yet. Facts are still coming out. Bringing them out prematurely will disrupt the flow. So lets not ask for proof. Let it be if someone does not share your opinion. Don't try to endlessly defend anything.

This is a beautiful story. Lets stay positive and enjoy it.

coderlady thumbnail

Happy Birthday to our dear writer. Please take some time off to enjoy it.

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Learrntowrite

Hey di,

since everyone is so entitled to their opinion I just want to say mine because I have refrained from sharing one for so long in this thread.

Everyone praised you for engaging with us but that’s now a flaw apparently!

The one thing we were grateful for because no writer ever does that is now a fault too.

I don’t want you stopping engaging with us because of a chastising that frankly doesn’t make sense to me. Please don’t do that.

I just want to say that I have seen you take all feedbacks in stride and will NEVER agree that you remotely did anything close to as to force your opinion on any of us. You said this in your last few comments too right? Plenty of us still critiqued Arnav including Akanksha and Dair. And everyone had a great chat.

You simply called out the false narratives being spread in the comment section damaging your story and you have all the right to do so. Do not be disheartened because nobody here is a fool to fall into blame games and stuff and think this is your burden.

IT’s NOT! PROVING SOMETHING THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN THE STORY IS NOT YOUR JOB AS A WRITER AND NEITHER DOES ANY OF US HAVE A RIGHT TO DEMAND AND EXPLANATION AND THEN DEMEAN IT BY NOT EVEN READING!

Absolutely agree, having different opinion after reading the story and not agreeing to what is WRITTEN is fine. The whole problem is that ppl took their right to comment or disagree by making their own characters and situations according to what suits them!!! That’s where the healthy discussion ends and you are completely right to call out when ppl challenge something that didn’t happen in the story!!!

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arilip

Absolutely agree, having different opinion after reading the story and not agreeing to what is WRITTEN is fine. The whole problem is that ppl took their right to comment or disagree by making their own characters and situations according to what suits them!!! That’s where the healthy discussion ends and you are completely right to call out when ppl challenge something that didn’t happen in the story!!!

Also the ppl who created so much fuss around the characters almost tried to an alternate version, are now blaming the writer!!! That too without bothering to read and answer their the questions about how they reached to such drastic conclusions. And the same ppl are blaming the writer about not appreciating their feedback!!!!

I have never seen any writers engage so much with the readers. And I have written many things that are also not very goody goody about your characters , we have agreed to disagree on them . I have edited the part where I was going sidetracked and wrote something that didn’t happen in the story. I believe that’s how healthy discussion happens!!! Not when ppl happily rant nonsense and start blaming the writer if they get countered!!!!!

Annie1357 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

Arpita,

Wow, I had no clue so much has happened in last 2-3 days! Very interesting too and I am completely lost! I came back from vacation last late night, and saw all these now...

This time I want you to take my feedback with open mind!

Why there is so much urge from you that we must agree to your version of story only? I am really curious as to what will you achieve by getting the similar feedback from all the readers? Is that your goal absolutely not to get any feedback that is different from your logic?

World's best writers cannot satisfy every reader, and neither can they deny if the reader has a different perspective. Reader has equal rights too. Most of the times readers will write passing comments and walk away in social media or cyber space and even forget about it in real world. The writers cannot expect readers to prove their comments, the onus is still on the writer to see why readers have different opinion, of course only if the writer wants to or they can move on. I would never want you to distract from your writing!

Do you want me to lie overnight or feel forced to agree to your point of view just because you explained, why? Though I truly truly appreciate your long explanations, I may still have a different opinion, I am entitled to and it is not a crime in my eyes.

I personally know how hard you work, and most of the times you put up a huge chapter by editing or writing overnight or multiple nights that too after coming back from work. Same is with me as a reader, I have equally busy life, but I find you very important to reply to. If I am reading your story, genuinely provide the feedback, do you think my purpose is to hurt you or point fingers at you or just write a comment about what I felt about the characters from the bottom of my heart? Some constantly passed nasty comments to claim write against the character is insulting the writer, complete BS.

You are asking us to prove which I will for one major point, but let me tell you few things here. There is no mention in your story about Arnav being r**ed but many have claimed it. Even when you have written multiple chapters Arnav accepting ONS as his mistake and having tremendous guilt, there were multiple theories about the ONS were floated and none of them are part of the story. Nowhere in the story it's written Arnav having mental health issues (mental trauma is different than chronic mental health issues, most people including me can live just normal life to the fullest if we can avoid mental trauma specific situations, rather I am living a million times better life after trauma) and Arnav has been given tremendous sympathy and mileage being declared as mental health issues by others. Then why selective people are being asked to prove their points? This passes a different message all together, a very damaging one too.

If something changes in the process of future chapters, I am the first one to acknowledge. Did I not say I was happy and relieved when I found Arnav just had ONS but never had an affair with Lavanya? I reconfirmed 10 times about Arnav and Lavanya did it and cheating claim before putting my thoughts.

I will be brutally honest, you will never get truthful feedback if you expect everyone to accept your explanation as the ultimate truth, because that is never situation in reality even with bestest best writers. This has nothing to do with writers but mainly due to diverse perspectives from the readers. And you will never be happy if you chase after every reader to convince them too. On blogs, articles or eBooks, readers have both types of comments and writers have to take them in stride.

Despite our difference of views, I and others have always insisted the main fact that we absolutely love and respect you as writer. I never had any intentions to write feedback to hurt you or mislead anyone, how you and others take it is not under my control so I am not worried about it. If you do not like comments that are different from your version, that is your choice.

Surprisingly I have a very close example to give you from the latest Hindi movie Rocky and Rani. Hero Ranveer looks for a woman from his grand father's past to help him gain his memory back, a noble cause. It turns out his grand father (Dharmendra) and the other woman (Shabana Azmi) had cheated their respective spouses in their young age and had an affair. The hero and heroin make their grand parents meet and they are shown cheating even today in old age while hero's real grandma (Jaya Bacchan) is alive, they put her whole life's hard work in business and image at risk and she never gets her dues till the end of the movie and Shabana Azmi is shown as righteous! Initially I found this horrible but my hubby also commented it being very negative, I happened to meet 20 women group at AMC whom I knew and they also had similar opinion. Then out of curiosity, I read online reviews and many people have bashed KJo for passing adultery so casually and given movie 1*. The movie is still hilarious with lots of other positives, but what was supposed to be a noble cause and main base of the story has been perceived completely different by the viewers. Many who have watched the movie will agree with me here, what the writer or director never meant has happened. I exactly feel the same way for your Arnav, what Arnav thought was honor, responsibility for the other woman was an open cheating for his wife, for me as a reader, and I can't help it. And I cleared my stance that I want to read your version, not a penny less, not a penny more!

I am yet to read your other long updates and most of link4 to be very frank so I will respond to it later and then let you decide you want me to comment on your story or NOT!

- Swati

My last reply to this whole thing. I owe much more to readers who are genuinely waiting for an update. Your comments in red. Breaking it down in multiple parts. Read if you wish to, else kindly ignore the whole thing. The other readers are anyway unable to understand why replying to you is necessary when such outrageous claims are made.

=======================================================================

Hi Swati,

I was afraid it was going to come to this. I was afraid after all that went down, the pointing finger will land at me stating that I cannot take feedback that is different. And I do not appreciate being suddenly made the villain of this whole saga. Not when I have been patient with everyone this whole time.

"This time I want you to take my feedback with open mind!"

I have three threads and about a 100 DMs to prove that I was the only one here taking feedback with an open mind. There are 'Silent Readers' who absolutely despise Arnav and they are comfortable stating that to my face - In comment section or in DM. I have never had a problem interacting with any of them till today. They have felt more than okay stating their POV to me even in my inbox.

I am really curious as to what will you achieve by getting the similar feedback from all the readers? Is that your goal absolutely not to get any feedback that is different from your logic?

In this whole thread, you are the only one who has accused me of not taking feedback in stride while about 100 other readers feel comfortable in saying whatever they want to me. Respectfully, then the problem here doesn't lie with me.

==========================================================

Why there is so much urge from you that we must agree to your version of story only? - I don't know how to point out the irony in this statement.

========================================================

This has nothing to do with writers but mainly due to diverse perspectives from the readers. And you will never be happy if you chase after every reader to convince them too.

Suddenly, your finger is pointing at me for trying to explain things that you DEMANDED to be explained. Really?

Is this really what happened here Swati? Or are you conveniently forgetting who dragged me in the whole thing in the first place? Till the very of thread 3, I had refused to call any of the readers out for any feedback whatsoever. You kept calling character names, you called things dumb, unrealistic and even went to the extent of saying 'I hope you will remember these things when you write about Khushi's pain, disregarding that Khushi is my character too. You went on to say explicitly that you are biased towards Arnav.

And I had smiled and replied through it all patiently. Only to listen to this accusation now? Wow! I am amazed and appalled both.

Despite all this, even when this thread erupted in chaos, I kept away from all the mess. You guys were fighting among your own and I stood on the sidelines taking in all the feedback.

You're extremely conveniently forgetting that you are the one who dragged me and said, "Arpita you HAVE to answer now!" When I told you I am not comfortable since the story is still in progress and your so-called demand bothered me enough to step away from the story for some days, the whole thread spoke in support while you made crude jokes and still kept saying let me know when you will be able to clarify my claims!

Here is that response of yours! - Comment 1

So let me get this straight. Patiently, I listened to all the rants you had to say about the story and the characters for 3 whole threads even when they were remotely not true, extremely harsh to the point of making other readers comfortable, they YOU YOURSELF drag me into the whole argument by claiming you have proved cheating and I HAVE to answer it, and now I'm being accused of answering those same doubts? That's just so convenient, isn't it? And now the whole narrative is that Arpita chases behind every reader to clarify the doubts. Worked out great, I must say.

===========================================================================

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: coderlady

Can we reach some kind of compromise ladies?

We can all agree to a few things. Everyone can have their opinion. There is no right or wrong or black or white. There are many shades of grey. There is no way we will all see things the same way.

That being said, why is anyone trying so hard to convince others to see things the same way? Its fair to ask someone why they felt the way they did. Its also OK to put forward your reasoning for your point of view. But if someone doesn't buy that, walk away. Sometimes people see a different opinion and think, I didn't look at it from that perspective. Now that I think about it, I can see that too. But that will not always happen. Even if you did not convince someone to change their opinion, you hopefully gave them food for thought. That's the whole point of a discussion.

I think where the whole thing derailed is when there was the idea of PROOF. Proof only works to bring out hard facts. How people perceive the facts is again taking you back into the same territory as opinions.

The story is not even over yet. Facts are still coming out. Bringing them out prematurely will disrupt the flow. So lets not ask for proof. Let it be if someone does not share your opinion. Don't try to endlessly defend anything.

This is a beautiful story. Lets stay positive and enjoy it.

Coderlady, I agree with you 100%, I have completely stopped my involvement except for replying comments to Arpita and maybe few likes here and there. But some are so hell bent on purposely jumping in, distorting my comments and have already started their game, I can only pray my comments reach the writer the way they are and she sees through it.

All I meant was no writer can run after 100s of feedbacks when some of the readers can make comments and never come back to respond in cyber space or go on to their chores like I did for 3 days. It is so true if we read any articles on news papers, stories and their comments. It becomes difficult too to respond so many people as I wished Arpita's stories to be read by 1000s. And we all are eligible to have difference of opinion, no two people have same opinion. My twins literally born together have different opinions from each other every second and funnily argue with us so much, makes me no longer believe in rashi forecast, ha ha. To me, absolutely no one so far had any malign intentions towards the writer or her story, but the story is just so intense. I have 100 times appreciated Arpita's comments, pulling her legs, overall interactions and others interactions too until in link 3 end, something started which continues even now consistently that made me step back. I did not read most of link4 comments and happy about it. But latest few comments as soon as I wrote to Arpita makes me realize, I am still too important for them and they just cannot ignore me or wait until Arpita's reply so I am really happy about it.

My point was and is very simple and straight forward - Despite all the details, I have a different opinion. I can't tell how disappointed I feel with myself and even more for Arpita. At this point of time, I am going to go all out there one more time since Arpita spent hours to explain something and I owe a reply to her. That's about it.

I am thankful to my attitude to take things head on, not be afraid and I do not go refusing something if I said it in the past and don't go behind people's back to say nasty things etc. At least with me what you see is what you get. I will have explanation for Arpita after her birthday. I don't know when it is exactly. I am purposely mentioning it here for others to have one more opportunity to happily distort it as a group and have a blast! After all I am so important to them, they just can't resist me.

And I have tiny tiny hope that Arpita sees what I am trying to to show her but I am ok with any response from her too at this point of time. I am not going to be surprised at all by any reactions by any one any more.

- Swati

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

My last reply to this whole thing. I owe much more to readers who are genuinely waiting for an update. Your comments in red. Breaking it down in multiple parts. Read if you wish to, else kindly ignore the whole thing. The other readers are anyway unable to understand why replying to you is necessary when such outrageous claims are made.

=======================================================================

Hi Swati,

I was afraid it was going to come to this. I was afraid after all that went down, the pointing finger will land at me stating that I cannot take feedback that is different. And I do not appreciate being suddenly made the villain of this whole saga. Not when I have been patient with everyone this whole time.

"This time I want you to take my feedback with open mind!" - I meant specific for this update but never mind.

I have three threads and about a 100 DMs to prove that I was the only one here taking feedback with an open mind. There are 'Silent Readers' who absolutely despise Arnav and they are comfortable stating that to my face - In comment section or in DM. I have never had a problem interacting with any of them till today. They have felt more than okay stating their POV to me even in my inbox.

I am really curious as to what will you achieve by getting the similar feedback from all the readers? Is that your goal absolutely not to get any feedback that is different from your logic?

In this whole thread, you are the only one who has accused me of not taking feedback in stride while about 100 other readers feel comfortable in saying whatever they want to me. Respectfully, then the problem here doesn't lie with me - Arpita please reread, I have been most harsh and most brutal and you have taken it, my point of view was no writers can convince everyone or reach everyone, never to accuse. And if we go by your explanation only and not say how we felt despite, you will only get one type of feedback. Maybe I am not sure how to explain this.

==========================================================

Why there is so much urge from you that we must agree to your version of story only? - I don't know how to point out the irony in this statement. - I have nothing to say!

========================================================

This has nothing to do with writers but mainly due to diverse perspectives from the readers. And you will never be happy if you chase after every reader to convince them too.

Suddenly, your finger is pointing at me for trying to explain things that you DEMANDED to be explained. Really? - I have no clue what makes you thinks this when I clearly said various readers will read it differently and the more readers you have the harder it gets to reduce chaos.

Is this really what happened here Swati? Or are you conveniently forgetting who dragged me in the whole thing in the first place? Till the very of thread 3, I had refused to call any of the readers out for any feedback whatsoever. You kept calling character names, you called things dumb, unrealistic and even went to the extent of saying 'I hope you will remember these things when you write about Khushi's pain, disregarding that Khushi is my character too. You went on to say explicitly that you are biased towards Arnav. - Yes I did say and I provided explanations. I have seen others using certain words too including F word. Yes, I did say you are biased towards Arnav and in fact requested Khushi's version because I read the story is written from Arnav's perspective. There was nothing more to it and that time you jokingly accepted it too, I never knew it will backfire me what was conveyed jokingly.

And I had smiled and replied through it all patiently. Only to listen to this accusation now? Wow! I am amazed and appalled both.

Despite all this, even when this thread erupted in chaos, I kept away from all the mess. You guys were fighting among your own and I stood on the sidelines taking in all the feedback.

You're extremely conveniently forgetting that you are the one who dragged me and said, "Arpita you HAVE to answer now!" When I told you I am not comfortable since the story is still in progress and your so-called demand bothered me enough to step away from the story for some days, the whole thread spoke in support while you made crude jokes and still kept saying let me know when you will be able to clarify my claims!

- Yes I did. My biggest mistake was to get carried away and explain why I look at Arnav's character differently. Yes I asked because I was cornered with constant questions and I have refused to get involved any conversations after that. I agree it was never worth your or my time, my bad.

Here is that response of yours! - Comment 1

So let me get this straight. Patiently, I listened to all the rants you had to say about the story and the characters for 3 whole threads even when they were remotely not true, extremely harsh to the point of making other readers comfortable, they YOU YOURSELF drag me into the whole argument by claiming you have proved cheating and I HAVE to answer it, and now I'm being accused of answering those same doubts? That's just so convenient, isn't it? And now the whole narrative is that Arpita chases behind every reader to clarify the doubts. Worked out great, I must say. - I don't know how to explain but you are taking it exactly opposite meaning of what I tried to say. All I said was I hope your story is read by thousands and it will be difficult for you to respond. Also please read my response to coderlady also. I dragged you for two reasons, I did not want to respond to others at all after link 3 end and I will stick to it no matter what and second most important reason was to get others who felt afraid but I guess it was never worth it because I got into more trouble and they will never join back again. I have felt uncomfortable and unconvinced too with people pushing to me to follow their version.

===========================================================================

Somehow I can't seem to communicate right thing so I just do not know anything from here onwards. I owe you one explanation about the cheating you put so much effort in and few things but I have serious doubts about my own capacity in explaining by now and others capacity in understanding me... But I will make an effort and I promise to walk away the moment you take that explanation negatively. I have absolutely no intention to distract you and I will do what's best here and I will be the Arnav this time.