Views

Users

Frequent Posters

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Shradha, kizh, canapoem,

Thank you for the words. It does matter a lot.

@bakwas_serial - what did Arnav write in his note is a secret that’s gonna be his alone. He might find it worthy to share with the readers, but that’s not anytime soon 😉

@canapoem - I couldn’t agree more. ♥️

Having different opinions about the story is perfectly fine. So is knowing that everything is not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. As long as we’re sensitive, empathetic and mindful of the fact that we’re dealing with a fictional story but interacting with very real people, things should be fine.

@kizh - absolutely right that we are different people and may choose to see a situation differently. Nothing wrong with our unique individual perspective.

From the beginning my explanations/engagement have been coming from the place of having a dialogue with the reader. Sometimes I write something subconsciously and some other reader can express my own emotions in a better way in a comment. It has happened multiple times with this story and it’s a very fulfilling experience.

But the second important part of the discussion was the details that were brought forward through interactions. Sometimes the updates are too long, a little detail here and there can be missed by the readers and it’s actually no issue for me to correct them. It’s a healthy environment. ♥️

The only thing I have a problem with is incorrect narrative. In my experience with this very FF, many readers at times had started to believe a version of the story that never even happened, all because that narrative was the dominating conversation in the comments section. I do not wish for that to continue because it does affect the mood and the perception of the whole story.

I Will continue to have the discussion/dialogue with readers here, but yeah, the explanation for things that didn’t happen in the story will not have me writing pages after pages anymore ☺️♥️

@BOLD: Couldn't agree more.

Since @canapoem gave such a nice example with Dil Dhadakne Do, I just wanna add that as long as we are talking only about Dil Dhadakne Do and then taking our feedback to Zoya Akhtar it makes sense. But the moment you start adding narrative from Anil Kapoor's character from Beta or Race or perhaps Ram Lakhan? and ask Zoya Akhtar to explain, it is a disservice to her movie and her efforts!

And secondly, as a movie-goer, I am sitting in the theatre and listening to someone complaining again and again about why Anil Kapoor was such an idiot in Beta when I went to watch Dil Dhadakne Do. This is a waste of my time as well as money and hampers my experience as well!

Just my two cents! :)

Mirchi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Pls update next part soon dear

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Mirchi23

Pls update next part soon dear

Arpita, can we expect update at the same schedule? Tuesday night IST?
TheFictionFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Arpita

When I first started reading this story I had a very different opinion on Arnav. But with each chapter a layer is peeled and now we got to know about his feelings, guilt and his reasons for whatever he did. Most of us here are waiting for your story without dissecting every action of his. So please don't stress yourself and focus on the story dear.

Arshix144 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: TheFictionFreak

Hi Arpita

When I first started reading this story I had a very different opinion on Arnav. But with each chapter a layer is peeled and now we got to know about his feelings, guilt and his reasons for whatever he did. Most of us here are waiting for your story without dissecting every action of his. So please don't stress yourself and focus on the story dear.

Well put, and my sentiments exactly!

Hi Aprita,

I am so sorry to read that you are upset and hurt, I have never seen any writer indulge their readers this way. I am sure your readers appreciate your interaction and notes about the characters but at the end of the day it is the world you have created, readers can enjoy and appreciate it, dislike it or even stop reading if they can't stand it... please don't let it affect you in a negative way! Please continue the way you have been with your super awesome long updates ( I don't find them long because I get lost in the story).

One thing I really appreciate about your story telling is that your characters are real and beautifully flawed, people are not perfect in real life and so we cannot expect them to be ideal or behave in the way we need them to behave. It makes the story more exciting because we have no idea what they will do next.....! It is a writer's creative space and their world/their experiences, we may get mad at the characters but that is how people are in real life too. Couples have issues, they cheat, they forgive or move on, someone who is super educated with a million degrees can say the most idiotic things or have trouble expressing themselves and I have seen many examples of these in real life too. Sure we imagine Arnav ( Barun) and Khushi ( Sanaya) in your story but the context and people are completely different here. I am really enjoying this journey, the world you have built and I cannot wait to see what is in store for Arnav and Khushi next! Your writing is way better and much more consistent than the published books I am reading/listening to! You have brought me back to the world of fanfiction so thank you! :)

TheFictionFreak thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Itna sannata kyun hai bhai???

Writerji, eagerly waiting

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Hey guys. Update on Saturday Morning :)

Mirchi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Pls dear Saturday update confirm. Morning ok. We want update that's it

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Arpita,

Wow, I had no clue so much has happened in last 2-3 days! Very interesting too and I am completely lost! I came back from vacation last late night, and saw all these now...

This time I want you to take my feedback with open mind!

Why there is so much urge from you that we must agree to your version of story only? I am really curious as to what will you achieve by getting the similar feedback from all the readers? Is that your goal absolutely not to get any feedback that is different from your logic?

World's best writers cannot satisfy every reader, and neither can they deny if the reader has a different perspective. Reader has equal rights too. Most of the times readers will write passing comments and walk away in social media or cyber space and even forget about it in real world. The writers cannot expect readers to prove their comments, the onus is still on the writer to see why readers have different opinion, of course only if the writer wants to or they can move on. I would never want you to distract from your writing!

Do you want me to lie overnight or feel forced to agree to your point of view just because you explained, why? Though I truly truly appreciate your long explanations, I may still have a different opinion, I am entitled to and it is not a crime in my eyes.

I personally know how hard you work, and most of the times you put up a huge chapter by editing or writing overnight or multiple nights that too after coming back from work. Same is with me as a reader, I have equally busy life, but I find you very important to reply to. If I am reading your story, genuinely provide the feedback, do you think my purpose is to hurt you or point fingers at you or just write a comment about what I felt about the characters from the bottom of my heart? Some constantly passed nasty comments to claim write against the character is insulting the writer, complete BS.

You are asking us to prove which I will for one major point, but let me tell you few things here. There is no mention in your story about Arnav being r**ed but many have claimed it. Even when you have written multiple chapters Arnav accepting ONS as his mistake and having tremendous guilt, there were multiple theories about the ONS were floated and none of them are part of the story. Nowhere in the story it's written Arnav having mental health issues (mental trauma is different than chronic mental health issues, most people including me can live just normal life to the fullest if we can avoid mental trauma specific situations, rather I am living a million times better life after trauma) and Arnav has been given tremendous sympathy and mileage being declared as mental health issues by others. Then why selective people are being asked to prove their points? This passes a different message all together, a very damaging one too.

If something changes in the process of future chapters, I am the first one to acknowledge. Did I not say I was happy and relieved when I found Arnav just had ONS but never had an affair with Lavanya? I reconfirmed 10 times about Arnav and Lavanya did it and cheating claim before putting my thoughts.

I will be brutally honest, you will never get truthful feedback if you expect everyone to accept your explanation as the ultimate truth, because that is never situation in reality even with bestest best writers. This has nothing to do with writers but mainly due to diverse perspectives from the readers. And you will never be happy if you chase after every reader to convince them too. On blogs, articles or eBooks, readers have both types of comments and writers have to take them in stride.

Despite our difference of views, I and others have always insisted the main fact that we absolutely love and respect you as writer. I never had any intentions to write feedback to hurt you or mislead anyone, how you and others take it is not under my control so I am not worried about it. If you do not like comments that are different from your version, that is your choice.

Surprisingly I have a very close example to give you from the latest Hindi movie Rocky and Rani. Hero Ranveer looks for a woman from his grand father's past to help him gain his memory back, a noble cause. It turns out his grand father (Dharmendra) and the other woman (Shabana Azmi) had cheated their respective spouses in their young age and had an affair. The hero and heroin make their grand parents meet and they are shown cheating even today in old age while hero's real grandma (Jaya Bacchan) is alive, they put her whole life's hard work in business and image at risk and she never gets her dues till the end of the movie and Shabana Azmi is shown as righteous! Initially I found this horrible but my hubby also commented it being very negative, I happened to meet 20 women group at AMC whom I knew and they also had similar opinion. Then out of curiosity, I read online reviews and many people have bashed KJo for passing adultery so casually and given movie 1*. The movie is still hilarious with lots of other positives, but what was supposed to be a noble cause and main base of the story has been perceived completely different by the viewers. Many who have watched the movie will agree with me here, what the writer or director never meant has happened. I exactly feel the same way for your Arnav, what Arnav thought was honor, responsibility for the other woman was an open cheating for his wife, for me as a reader, and I can't help it. And I cleared my stance that I want to read your version, not a penny less, not a penny more!

I am yet to read your other long updates and most of link4 to be very frank so I will respond to it later and then let you decide you want me to comment on your story or NOT!

- Swati

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Arpita, I don’t know I have said this before or not but I have been part of IPKKND forum from almost a decade and I could not even write more than two lines for even some of my favourite stories.

I have never been a silent reader but have never engaged this much as well.

But I could do it here and all thanks to you, I could express my emotions, crack jokes, demand explanations for anything and you would explain it so patiently.

I am still not good at words like many but Thanku for giving those replies, it makes me feel like my opinion is heard and valued.

I guess this is your birthday week so just wanted to say it to you. Enjoy your week.

But yeah whenever you are done with the celebrations I being a greedy reader would want my update 😜

Just a rhyme you can enjoy 🙈🙈

https://youtu.be/ho08YLYDM88

Edited by tashi26 - 1 years ago