Resurgence | Arshi FF | Thread 4 | A/N on Pg 70 - Page 48

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: ilfordian

I am sorry I offended some readers with my comment. I have edited out the line.

Thank you for editing that line . I don’t want to be the person telling anyone right or wrong , but since you tagged me I am in for a good discussion. I just wish if a rapist was not written as his type!!!

Also if we actually write about the characters written by Arpita in our comments, will be nice 🙏
She has put a lot of efforts in writing each character. The story would not be here if Arnav was womaniser and didn’t care for khushi. He could have just told her that he doesn’t want any child . She had already stopped talking about it and would have never thought of leaving him anyway . He didn’t need to feel guilty about not being able to provide her a fuller life with a child. He never looked or thought of another woman.

Edited by Arilip - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.

VeiledWords thumbnail

This is going to sound like a rant and maybe this is, but I am genuinely tired of defending the characters and the story of things that never happened, pre assumptions that are masquerading as POVs. A difference of opinion should occur on things that actually happened. And then it becomes a healthy debate.

But me saying "I will support your difference of opinion in the comment section" has been taken as a free pass to say things which are untrue and never happened in the story.

It is genuinely so hurtful to put so much effort first into an update, then write long and patient clarifications only to have them royally ignored, for notions that don't even exist in resurgence universe.

I am done, I am tired and I am hurt. I have been more than okay with Arnav bashing for things that he actually did. I kept second guessing my writing, only to go back and realize I had actually explained the situation already in the story itself. Then I come back and explain things in comments and engage with people because I thought a lot of details can be missed in the long chapters and not every reader is going to go back and read. I thought I was helping.

All I requested, was to verify your assumptions before stating something as "This is what has really happened in the story" and if even that request cannot be fulfilled, then please don't expect me to keep up with this every update.

Now this is affecting my mood, pace of the story and update schedule.

So Put in the work yourself if you want to make claims like this. Or do not make claims like this at all.

=====================================================================

Hi guys, Here's the claims I'm gonna need backed up by the FF to take them seriously and respond. Had they been Point of Views, I would have been okay. Since I have forever been a champion of people's right to say their opinions in the comment section.

Then either let's have the healthy debate. Or leave the rant here as is.

Also, I hope you read the previous responses I wrote carefully. I had already answered all the 'Facts'. I do not want a repeat of those. Or come up with the proper response to refute those.

Here's the list of statements made against Arnav that I am not sure I have portrayed in the FF. Please back them up.

=============================================================================

she would have managed Panchayat somehow by permanently moving out of the village alone or with parents or by some other means.

I need a realistic how. Because if resurgence needs to be super realistic then I need the readers to do a little research on Panchayat's justice system who could have physically hurt Khushi. If the readers are expecting Khushi to give a speech and have people back out from punishing her, then I'm really interested to know how realistic/non-filmy that is on a scale of 1-10.

I will give a little detail for you guys to speed up your research.

Anyone saying she would have handled Panchayat on her own needs to read up on the brutality of it. At the beginning of chapter 1 Arnav's parents gave up make believe royalty to support village elections. By chapter 8 it said that they have heavily opposed the idea of a Panchayat. Now I don't expect every reader to be very well versed with the topic so here's the explanation.

1. The gram Pradhan elections that were supported by Arnav's dad initially are a reality in Uttar Pradesh villages and are recognized by the law. However, these organizations do not have the power to punish. The Panchayat that actually sat down to punish Khushi is an extremely brutal and age-old (illegagl) practice that would have most likely physically hurt Khushi. So no, she would not get the chance to give a mega speech like the herooine of a TV show and have everyone move to tears and let Khushi go!

2. We have also seen that Khushi had no plan to actually avoid the Panchayat. So no, she was not as strong as this comment is making her out to be.

3. It is talking about Khushi moving out very comfortably, when the very reason that Khushi agreed for a second marriage was so that her parents don't have to move. I would have quoted the FF, but I am kind of done with that.

4. And again, all of this is moot point, since Khushi was an hour away from being presented in front of a Panchayat that was going to sit there to punish her.

5. Hate Arnav all you want, but this is the absolute fact that Khushi would have met a very brutal fate had he not reached there in time. In fact, Shyam Jha should never have been in the story. And even for that, Arnav blames himself. When in reality nobody in their sane mind would think that Shyam would ever be considered for Khushi's match.

6. She didn't reject Shyam with a plan. She was hysterical after a very unfortunate incident.

I will never underestimate her. Calling her incapable is contradicting to the instinct she showed before.

There was no instinct. The woman was on auto pilot and ready to destroy her life. Her parents' thinking was limited to what they believe is right for a woman and that was to pawn her off to the very next guy even if it was her molester from ages ago. Arnav was the only one who was thinking of Khushi's actual well-being in that scenario.

So, I am gonna need an answer to why Khushi would suddenly move when she didn't want her parents to do that in the first place, what instincts are we talking about when she was hysterical and had no plans whatsoever, and how was she going to save herself and her family from a Panchayat that was just an hour away from brutally punishing her.

If you're gonna say she would have told them the truth and it would have worked, then it's already answered in the chapter why it wouldn't.

==============================================================================

He knew he was hurting her when he was busy entertaining Lavanya / his baby but he chose to hurt her, kept her in dark, continued cheating behind her back and nothing can change these facts.

A lot of things can change these 'facts'.

A. none of it is a fact. He admitted to not be able to see Khushi in the eye. Told it to Khushi as well. That was his whole though process every time Khushi would come in front of him. I'm gonna need the proof where it states he did that specifically to hurt Khushi.

B. He was aware it must be hurting Khushi and his fault is not being able to deal with the guilt. Had you said that as an issue, I would have agreed to you right away. The reason for hiding the truth the whole month is also mentioned.

Continued Cheating by meeting Lavanya -

Already answered in detail. Pease refer to the answer. Or refute it logically, legally and morally. All your arguments against it have already been countered by me.

Had Khushi stayed back, accepted his alimony / settlement amount along with the pent house, he was all set with divorce and he would be happily dating someone else.

Absolutely nothing in the FF suggests he was looking forward to dating. His whole outlook was the fact that his work was enough to bring him happiness. Please point me where Arnav's life's plans were roaming around having a new dating life for himself.

Statement to contradict this is already present in the FF. Khushi owns majority of Arnav's wealth already. And from whatever share he has left on his own name, Khushi owns majority of it in the event of his death. He turned that into an ironclad contract so he must definitely be thinking of dating other women and getting married right?

He did think about his own companionship after all - The line that his need for companionship comes after Khushi should be clear enough that he means companionship with Khushi since they were so different from each other's worlds and their goals in life did not align. And even if it meant what you understood it meant, the line says his need for companionship comes after Khushi. Something to think about.

To think about it, if Lavanya had not lied about the baby, he still thought Lavanya as a victim, professional and great person despite throwing raves and waking up next to random men, and would have dated her in future because their wavelength and choices of partying, enjoying filmy ENV matched.

Oh, this one is super interesting to me. So, Arnav is yelling at a pregnant Lavanya that they can never even be friends, that it is all duty to him, and he won't even consider getting into a pretend relationship with her, but he would have dated her in the future? Sure.

And ah, why would he date her? Because his choice pf partying matches Lavanya? Please point me to a single party where it's written that Arnav has not treated it like a networking event. It says repeatedly in the whole FF that he hates these parties, ARF always comes after food dash. He says I like it here about his life, not partying. I thought that must be clear after his detailed distatste of every party.

He did consider Lavanya a professional because she was professional with him for 6 years. Where does it say he considers her a great person? He was asking Lavanya if she was sleeping with someone else during the time. He was going for a DNA test. Please point me to the part of where he has any emotion other than guilt, pity and at times just pure anger.

Also, he is not judging her for waking up next to him because he thinks he is equally guilty, should have been clear from the story itself. That he should have remembered about his wife. had he judged Lavanya for an act he thinks he participated in, then he would have been as toxic a man as you claim him to be.

Again, waiting for the paragraphs.

============================================================================

It was Aman who found out the truth, Arnav never even tried.

And had you actually read the answer you would know that Aman finding out the truth doesn't do jack for Arnav or Khushi.

The only thing it did was hasten Arnav's distance from Lavanya. There was no baby, and Arnav was anyway not getting trapped by Lavanya's bullshit. He was being clear about his stand and when he eventually would have found out there was no baby (since there really wasn't) then he would have been fine. Divorce he anyway didn't stop.

And many of the readers already understood that Aman knew something extra. Arnav had done his due diligence and he would have followed it through. He would have been more than fine.

Once again, I have already written in too much detail (legal context provided) exactly how sharp and foresighted Arnav was. And it is Arnav's actions that have provided a legal shield to him. Go read that answer, have something to refute that, and then say Arnav didn't do anything, or he was dimwitted.

===============================================================================

he had moved on and now he is manipulating her. - Manipulating her to do what?

I cannot deny that he got her back only after the note that confirmed she was ok to let go her desire to have the baby and he mattered the most.

- Not true. He read the note and still decided not to go. So that Khushi could still be a mother. He only went because it was Shyam Jha. Please point to the FF where it states otherwise.

he had developed his own new world, Bollywood parties, more work, Food Dash, adventurous trips etc. and Khushi had no place in it too

Which was not his choice alone. Khushi too felt the need to stay away from his professional life and made her choice.

=================================================================================

going places without informing his wife, staying away in the same house-

Have I already given the explanation for all this apart from crippling guilt? Please point me where.

When he said Khushi's domestic dreams did not align with his professional ones, he also knew that Khushi would eventually choose him. And he didn't want her to give up on the idea of a baby? He knew Khushi would choose him.

Yes, he was wrong. But he was wrong in assuming she wanted a baby more than him. Not wrong in doing what he thought was an act of letting her go.

Also, I need logic for the statement that he was planning to let her go for a year. He wasn't. He went and tried for a baby for her sake. Realized tin September that it is an impasse and by October he had confirmed that they needed to talk. Last I checked it's 2 months. 3 if you count December.

The reason he didn't go running to tell her in September in written in crystal clear words but that's your job to read and find out. Not assume things and state them as facts.

=================================================================================

Arnav should push himself in the same fire pit as he wanted to -

reason with all the other readers who think this is exactly what Arnav is doing.

================================================================================

He ignored Khushi's messages in that rave party, a solid proof, Walla! This makes it a CHEATING

I'm going to need some serious logic for this statement because if ignoring one's partner's messages in a party is cheating then I must have cheated on mine a couple of times. Also, she wasn't even chatting or asking anything. She sent him pictures of his home that's all.

@mamree this is from your comment

to me he is an opportunist, who was okay with Khushi in initial year of his marriage until he became successful..The moment he became successful, Khushi became a burden for him..it was clearly mentioned that He "Thought", he fall out of love from Khushi and wanted to end the marriage for his own benefit..He just used child issue as an excuse, to show the world that he is thinking about Khushi's happiness but the reality is he is just making excuses to get rid of Khushi.. somewhere deep in his heart, he began to believe, that he DESERVES better, and Khushi is not at per his standard.

1. I need to know where was the moment when he became successful and Khushi became a burden for him because in the story, he has been filthy rich for quite some time now.

2. It is clearly mentioned he 'Thought' he fell out of love because he thought how could he be a monster keeping Khushi away from the one happiness she really really wants. I need to see the part of the story that supports your assumption.

3. You have the full preview of Arnav's thought process. Tell me where does it say that he thought he deserves better than Khushi. There is no scope left for you to assume that he thought so when every single time his thought process has been that he didn't deserve Khushi's love?

Rest of the rant again is either not addressed in the story or hasn't happened yet, but Arnav is already labeled a culprit for all of them. So, I will not entertain them. Because I can't do it as of now; just like I had to wait last time. My questions are based on what has happened in the story and I gotta know which Arnav you're talking about because he sure isn't resurgence's Arnav.

These statements stopped being POV/Feedback the moment they're called facts/loopholes/plot holes. So please do not come at me saying I cannot deal with criticism or a different opinion because I have a lot of statements to show for it.

Next time these statements either need to come with the proofs from the story or they need to be labeled as 'Not facts but doubts'. I'd happily clear them. But I have an issue with these being stated as facts because it derails other readers.

Again, abuse Arnav for things he has really done, I will join you. But put in the work and read the story. Verify before you claim something outrageous. I cannot keep doing this after every chapter and I especially don't want to do that when such detailed responses that I wrote answering your doubts last time went to waste.

Also, before collating your reply, make sure I have not already answered them in my yesterday's plethora of comments. Or we can simply move forward without this useless back and forth.

Looking forward for the clarification from both of you. Then we can engage in a proper debate. Swati, you have turned off your tagging but it's for you both.

Edit - Once again, come with a criticism about things actually happening in the story and I will be more than okay to clarify/engage. There used to be a good vibe here. Expecting that to be maintained.

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
ranogill thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Arpita .. please concentrate on your writing..If you start answering to every comment then when we will have next update.😉.. Reader should understand this story is set in alternate world . It has nothing to do with IPK’s characters.,Only names are same.and we readers are now mature not same emotional IPK’s fans . Every day so many divorces happenings. So many Arnavs and Khushis are cheating each others . So many women who don’t deserve Khushi like treatments and even there are men out there who are are being cheated .
So please think this way that both Khushi and Arnav of this story are mature persons and only the author know how her characters will behave . So let’s enjoy this story and don’t bash any characters.
Let Arpita breathe and live and write her characters how she deems fit. GIVE HER BREAK GIRLS .

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Arpita,

This is your space to share your creative work. Some readers may take it as it is, others may interpolate or extrapolate.

Please continue to write they way you have doing it. Keep us on our toes ..what exactly did he jot in that paper and kept it in his wallet😉

Edited by bakwas_serial - 1 years ago
canapoem thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Story telling is an art and art is subjective.

Something you like, I might not like it. That's how art is.

I want to quote the movie "Dil Dhadkne do" today.

In that movie, Anil Kapoor's character has always cheated on his wife. She knew it. Yet she stayed in the marriage and ignored whatever her husband did. It obviously brought a lot of distance among them, yet they never divorced. Later, towards the end, he apologised and she accepted the apology and forgave him.

When I saw how easily she forgave him, I was shocked. But then I thought it is Zoya Akhtar's story, this is how she visualised it and she took the story in that direction. I might not agree with her idea but it is fine to disagree.

Arpita, my reason for giving the above example is, please go ahead with the way you have visualised this story. You write well and you should keep writing.

As a reader, maybe I too have not been happy with the way a certain scene was presented. But that is fine. I know that this is your imagination and I also know that we need not agree on everything. That, it would not even make any sense to have such an expectation.

So please don't take anything to heart.

You are a good story teller. And you should continue telling it.

kizh72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I don’t think I have anything more to say than what my friend @canapoem has said.

This is your story. You should write it the way you envisaged it. We are glad that you chose to share it with us. We are all different people, our life experiences play a role in how we perceive things. We may not agree on things and that is fine. We can agree to disagree, by respecting another’s right to have a contrary opinion. End of the day this is fiction.

A suggestion, if you don’t mind me saying it, is to keep all explanations to the very end. You could write an author’s note, where you may choose to share things like what inspired the story, the idea you wanted to explore, why a character is a certain way etc. It’s the quality of your writing that has evoked such strong reactions!

VeiledWords thumbnail

Originally posted by: ranogill

Hi Arpita .. please concentrate on your writing..If you start answering to every comment then when we will have next update.😉.. Reader should understand this story is set in alternate world . It has nothing to do with IPK’s characters.,Only names are same.and we readers are now mature not same emotional IPK’s fans . Every day so many divorces happenings. So many Arnavs and Khushis are cheating each others . So many women who don’t deserve Khushi like treatments and even there are men out there who are are being cheated .
So please think this way that both Khushi and Arnav of this story are mature persons and only the author know how her characters will behave . So let’s enjoy this story and don’t bash any characters.
Let Arpita breathe and live and write her characters how she deems fit. GIVE HER BREAK GIRLS .

Thank you Rano for saying this.

This definitely is an important point. Neither are the characters IPK original, nor do they belong to the typical “absolute jerk falls in love with ablaa nari” trope which is not only pretty rampant in the forums but is also a comfort zone for a lot of people. I think dissociation gets tough.

Don’t worry, the concentration primarily will always be on the story. 😊

VeiledWords thumbnail

Shradha, kizh, canapoem,

Thank you for the words. It does matter a lot.

@bakwas_serial - what did Arnav write in his note is a secret that’s gonna be his alone. He might find it worthy to share with the readers, but that’s not anytime soon 😉

@canapoem - I couldn’t agree more. ♥️

Having different opinions about the story is perfectly fine. So is knowing that everything is not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. As long as we’re sensitive, empathetic and mindful of the fact that we’re dealing with a fictional story but interacting with very real people, things should be fine.

@kizh - absolutely right that we are different people and may choose to see a situation differently. Nothing wrong with our unique individual perspective.

From the beginning my explanations/engagement have been coming from the place of having a dialogue with the reader. Sometimes I write something subconsciously and some other reader can express my own emotions in a better way in a comment. It has happened multiple times with this story and it’s a very fulfilling experience.

But the second important part of the discussion was the details that were brought forward through interactions. Sometimes the updates are too long, a little detail here and there can be missed by the readers and it’s actually no issue for me to correct them. It’s a healthy environment. ♥️

The only thing I have a problem with is incorrect narrative. In my experience with this very FF, many readers at times had started to believe a version of the story that never even happened, all because that narrative was the dominating conversation in the comments section. I do not wish for that to continue because it does affect the mood and the perception of the whole story.

I Will continue to have the discussion/dialogue with readers here, but yeah, the explanation for things that didn’t happen in the story will not have me writing pages after pages anymore ☺️♥️

RiyaVague thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Hi Arpita ,

The last chapter was an emotional rollercoaster for me and i guess it was same for all of us. till now commenting wasn't in my mind simply because I'm sure i can't do justice to my own mind and thoughts so i read every one's comment and tbh i loved them all...How freely and easily they express themselves. I've liked or expressed my likeness to some comments i thought tht has some point but tht doesn't mean i completely support each every word they said... Ok what I'm trying to say is ur a blessed writer, so please don't stress urself much that wud only worse the condition of ur health esp mental..If my memory isn't tht bad i still remb u saying how much all those affected u..So i suggest u to b calm dear... See everyone has their own definitions of situations and actions ans I'm sure as story progress we cud come to know our characters in much better light...

This is the only story where I've seen so much participation from readers to engage themselves in beautiful and meaningful conversations.. I've read many arshi ffs where Arnav had been portrayed as womanizer, player and Casanova even as rapist i wish therr we had this kinda discussion atleat those writers wud have changed them selves from glorifying such characters..This story will always have my heart no matter how u r planning to end..

I cud easily connect myself with khushi cos smwhr I've lots of her traits and when i read the story it showed me a mirror and it scared me . the story is so close to reality no it just showed the bare self of humans .

Hmm i want to say many things and i guess I'm not so good wth words 😆🤣..so I'm stopping here..

Eagerly waiting for the new chapter ,so please stop stressing urself and concentrate on ur mind and story....🤗