Resurgence | Arshi FF | Thread 4 | A/N on Pg 70 - Page 47

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

I am in shock, man who was sexually exploited, who is still in guilt because he can not even forgive himself despite the other woman telling him she came on to him, he remembered he said NO too.

Yes his body gave up but we can see he was not in the condition to give consent.

This is the man who did not do drugs, who left the party early.

Why are we not trying to understand how he landed on that balcony on the third floor when he was leaving?

That man wanted to jump from that wretched balcony and end it all.

That man sat in the cold of Himalayas where he could have died of hypothermia because he was so guilty of cheating on his wife.

I am just shocked when a victim is shamed and made as someone they are not.

I read someone say that drugs could have saved the day, like seriously that’s how we treat a subject of r*pe.

Also, we are forgetting the will arnav made and after the lunatics pregnancy he was very worried for Khushi and her rights.

He was worried that in future her rights to his property might be challenged after the divorce.

Infact he made sure even Khushi’s kids from other man will also get all that is in her name.

Please help me understand how is he then someone who never cared for Khushi.

Yes he hurt Khushi but his intentions were never to hurt her but they were just the opposite.

Edited by tashi26 - 1 years ago
Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

Hello Arilip

Please don't be sorry at all.

I agree with everything you said. Khushi's love is too strong. I think Arpita also nodded her head to the same thing in her response. Khushi's love has taken no hit.

I was just explaining my dread. Because I agree to Arpita's last point. Love can stay but people should not. I also agree to the fact that if the respect goes away, despite all the love in the world the foundation of a relationship will crack.

I am hoping you are absolutely right here. I am not willing to see them part. And once again please dont apologize. It was lovely to read your perspective.

Thanks darling!!!

I agree that at this point khushi has lost her respect for Arnav!! but she doesn’t know the whole truth yet, she was not in position to even comprehend what might have Arnav gone through when lavanya faked her pregnancy!!!
She at the moment is too hurt because she had to come back with Arnav letting her dignity fall. Right now for the first time she is not able to see anything beyond her hurt. She had been again forced by her parents to be at his mercy , and that is what is hurting her more than anything now. Any clarification from him doesn’t matter at this point of time.

Our moron on the other hand first time got to the root cause of hurt and tired healing her from there. He could have easily gotten her old job back but he braved enabling her with choices!!!

Not saying what khushi suffered is less but once the truth comes out, I guess she would understand that,

He didn’t let go of her because she wanted a child but he was letting her go because he wanted her to have a fuller life have children that he is not able to provide.

He wasn’t planning to move on and have multiple affairs as many other ppl are accusing him of, he wanted for the first time to have a life where ppl are not asking him for something he doesn’t want and are not blaming him because of that.

he was looking out for her when he wrote his everything to her in the will even when he was going to divorce her.

That’s why I believe in their love. They both have done mistakes he definitely much more than her , but loved her.

He could have just carried on with the marriage and ignore khushi’s pain that he thought because of not having children.

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I already am sorry for engaging in this because I have seen what has happened on this thread and I thought stating my piece and engaging with the author was enough. I apologize once again but this one comment really has me dumbfounded especially because I am team Khushi through and through. I want her to end up with Arnav but I want her happy first.

But this observation about Arnav's character? I'm trying so hard to understand the perspective here and I am stumped.

I am horrified to read this about both characters that Khushi came with benefits in bed?

That is so degrading to both these lovely characters and especially a man like Arnav who in the last update had promised himself that he won't touch Khushi's hands just because she is uncomfortable. The man who would not touch her for months after marriage even though Khushi wanted to sleep with him. He gave his reasoning outrightly that I thought you are not ready yet Khushi when he admitted it was hard for him to hold back.

This is also the same man who could not stand up and breathe inside his house after a one-night stand where he was drunk beyond his limits. This is the man who has constantly blamed himself and not even once tried to wash his hands off that responsibility. Even though Lavanya admitted to coming on to him. His horrible guilt is the main reason driving the whole story.

I am really hoping to have a civil discussion here and understand your point of view because I have read the whole story in a stretch, and not a single thing comes to my mind to deduce any of the characteristics written for Arnav here. Hope you can enlighten me.

Thanks Arpi

I was also shocked reading this !!! It’s like ppl have created their own character and bashing him on this thread!!!
this is such a disrespect towards the author and her amazing portrayal of her characters.

Arilip thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashi26

I am in shock, man who was sexually exploited, who is still in guilt because he can not even forgive himself despite the other woman telling him she came on to him, he remembered he said NO too.

Yes his body gave up but we can see he was not in the condition to give consent.

This is the man who did not do drugs, who left the party early.

Why are we not trying to understand how he landed on that balcony on the third floor when he was leaving?

That man wanted to jump from that wretched balcony and end it all.

That man sat in the cold of Himalayas where he could have died of hypothermia because he was so guilty of cheating on his wife.

I am just shocked when a victim is shamed and made as someone they are not.

I read someone say that drugs could have saved the day, like seriously that’s how we treat a subject of r*pe.

Also, we are forgetting the will arnav made and after the lunatics pregnancy he was very worried for Khushi and her rights.

He was worried that in future her rights to his property might be challenged after the divorce.

Infact he made sure even Khushi’s kids from other man will also get all that is in her name.

Please help me understand how is he then someone who never cared for Khushi.

Yes he hurt Khushi but his intentions were never to hurt her but they were just the opposite.

It’s indeed shocking to read this , it’s like when Nirbhaya kaand happened I saw even women were saying that if she was roaming around with her boyfriend in the night she invited that !!!

That’s our society, my heart is really broken!!!

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Arpita!!

Can I dare to ask you when the next update will be? This weekend was a busy one for me with lots of guests and I wanted to unwind with your story. As I was re- reading it I realized what a beautiful story you have written. It has so many nuances that you have to read the story a few times to get the hints you have left and try to understand the raw emotions of the human being.

I think people should read your story as a man and woman and not as Arnav and Khushi that they have in their head to actually understand and empathize with the characters you have woven.

The reason I say this is we have read so many fanfics on these characters that sometimes it takes time to understand when a completely new story is presented to us. You story is powerful and deals with the raw emotions of two individuals who are wonderfully flawed people as many of us are in real life.

I think that this Arnav is one of the best character that I have ever seen in a fanfic. He is real and he has issues and baggage like many of us have. The beauty of his character is in how he deals with his issues and addresses them. Likewise Khushi is simple, pure and with high morals because of her background but she is equally flawed in my opinion and she is slowly realizing and trying to fix it while dealing with the tremendous hurt and heartbreak she is going through. It’s a long slow road to get there even if it just trying to be independent.

Like you said this story is not about cheating. I still believe he did not consciously cheat. I’m talking about what I perceived from the story you wrote.

Lot of people saw different things I guess but I just stuck to your story and what you were trying to tell us.

I can’t wait for the next update.

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Arilip

It’s indeed shocking to read this , it’s like when Nirbhaya kaand happened I saw even women were saying that if she was roaming around with her boyfriend in the night she invited that !!!

That’s our society, my heart is really broken!!!

Panchayat system in India has become barbaric, they are known for murdering people in name of protecting their traditions and customs. You can not run from them. They are that dangerous.

And uprooting your whole life I wish was so simple.

Also, Khushi’s family was out of favours from them already as Khushi and Arnav were from different cast.

The only saving grace was the influence Arnav had in that area.

Even I was upset with Arnav in the past and said that why did he run to Khushi, she could have handled it. But the fact is she could not have. That was my frustration speaking before Arnav’s DML but Khushi was saved that day because Arnav went.

I was angry at Arnav that why did he go after Shyam why not before but now I know the reasons.

Anyways Panchayats have even been condemned by the Supreme Court of India for their barbaric acts.

I am just giving certain facts, my intention is not to hurt anyone.

I am sending something on panchayats from times of India.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/readersblog/premiumbytes/lousy-truth-of-khap-panchayat-43073/

Edited by tashi26 - 1 years ago
ilfordian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I already am sorry for engaging in this because I have seen what has happened on this thread and I thought stating my piece and engaging with the author was enough. I apologize once again but this one comment really has me dumbfounded especially because I am team Khushi through and through. I want her to end up with Arnav but I want her happy first.

But this observation about Arnav's character? I'm trying so hard to understand the perspective here and I am stumped.

I am horrified to read this about both characters that Khushi came with benefits in bed?

That is so degrading to both these lovely characters and especially a man like Arnav who in the last update had promised himself that he won't touch Khushi's hands just because she is uncomfortable. The man who would not touch her for months after marriage even though Khushi wanted to sleep with him. He gave his reasoning outrightly that I thought you are not ready yet Khushi when he admitted it was hard for him to hold back.

This is also the same man who could not stand up and breathe inside his house after a one-night stand where he was drunk beyond his limits. This is the man who has constantly blamed himself and not even once tried to wash his hands off that responsibility. Even though Lavanya admitted to coming on to him. His horrible guilt is the main reason driving the whole story.

I am really hoping to have a civil discussion here and understand your point of view because I have read the whole story in a stretch, and not a single thing comes to my mind to deduce any of the characteristics written for Arnav here. Hope you can enlighten me.

Sorry Arpi,I apologise. I meant no insult to Khushi. Perhaps I should not have written that.

ilfordian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ilfordian

I agree with what you are saying. Even I said Arnav had a 10-year itch. He was bored in his marriage and wanted out. He made excuses that Khushi was not happy with him because he did not want children.

Did he love Khushi? He liked her at the beginning of the marriage and she made his life easy But she was just a responsibility forced on him by his mother. I also feel that Lavanya is his type. They would make an ideal couple. They would have a perfect swinging life together.

Arnav who became successful in his business could not or would not speak to Khushi about divorce. he hoped that she will learn about it indirectly. When she confronted him about the divorce, he asked her who told her.

Swati, you have put everything down perfectly what I think of Arnav.

I am sorry I offended some readers with my comment. I have edited out the line.
Arilip thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashi26

Panchayat system in India has become barbaric, they are known for murdering people in name of protecting their traditions and customs. You can not run from them. They are that dangerous.

And uprooting your whole life I wish was so simple.

Also, Khushi’s family was out of favours from them already as Khushi and Arnav were from different cast.

The only saving grace was the influence Arnav had in that area.

Even I was upset with Arnav in the past and said that why did he run to Khushi, she could have handled it. But the fact is she could not have. That was my frustration speaking before Arnav’s DML but Khushi was saved that day because Arnav went.

I was angry at Arnav that why did he go after Shyam why not before but now I know the reasons.

Anyways Panchayats have even been condemned by the Supreme Court of India for their barbaric acts.

I am just giving certain facts, my intention is not to hurt anyone.

I am sending something on panchayats from times of India.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/readersblog/premiumbytes/lousy-truth-of-khap-panchayat-43073/

Awesome article Tashi!!!

I truly wish ppl should read this article before trashing Arnav for saving khushi from being brutalities of panchayat !!!!

-Arpi- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ilfordian

Sorry Arpi,I apologise. I meant no insult to Khushi. Perhaps I should not have written that.

Hey, first of all please do not apologize. I am no authority to claim or call out anyone. In fact, I am extremely and deeply sorry if my comment felt like that to you.

I simply thought the topic demanded a discussion and clarification and that's why I laid down my points; in hopes of a proper back and forth and exchange of ideas. I think two readers here can manage that 😊

Secondly, my comment was mainly about the observation being unfair to Arnav and not Khushi alone. I have listed down my reasons why that characterization does not fit with the man who is extremely mindful of his wife's physical comfort. Not only that, but he had also never been vile towards Lavanya too. He took the blame himself.

I went back reading after your comment. Arnav and Khushi's last kiss was after the food Dash success party in Spetember'15. They were not on great terms even then and Arnav was already living away. But even there it's written that Arnav asked for permission first. From his wife of nearly a decade.

And then his guilt over what he has done by sleeping with another woman outside marriage drove the whole thing in October-December'15. There was a whole beautiful segment that another reader wrote yesterday and that was his Nepal trip. He said there wasn't enough cold in the world to pry his mind away from what he had done. That man was punishing himself in guilt.

To me, it does not speak of a man who is a swinger or who was actively looking forward to a life of flings, especially when it hurt him so much to let his wife go. No other woman ever features even in his thoughts.

Edited by -Arpi- - 1 years ago