Resurgence | Arshi FF | Thread 4 | A/N on Pg 70 - Page 30

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

But he still needs to get out of this vicious cycle. If he doesn’t bare his soul to Khushi, Khushi is just gonna get hurt more. She needs to know why he made the decisions he made and what exactly he was thinking. It wouldn’t heal her wounds but atleast start to scab it.

When Khushi said in this update that when she came back from Lucknow, she couldn’t recognize her Arnav anymore…that was hurtful. This is exactly what Arnav is doing wrong. Projecting an image of his that is not true. He’s like an iceberg. Khushi is only seeing the tip in the present, when in the past she was able to see it in its entirety. And it’s not Khushi’s fault. It’s Arnav’s. He’s the one who went and changed the rules. He had no issues confessing his guilt to her in the past, did he?

Anyhow, as you can see, I am not feeling very kind on Arnav today! But yes I can see some merit in the idea and he is taking steps towards selfless kind of love. However, I wish he bared his thoughts and let Khushi decide what she wanted. Despite him thinking that Khushi does not deserve that, I believe that is exactly what will give Khushi closure over this entire nightmare!

yes I agree with you, he needs to bare his soul to her. May be not today but once she is on the path of becoming a little independent and a bit better emotionally.

Khushi can never heal completely if Arnav does not let her know the love he has for her, his entire thought process during the divorce ordeal. Infact when Khushi will know about his exact reasons of not having kids I just hope she like Arnav does not blame herself for not understanding his pain.

Even lunatics episode, he needs to tell her more about who said no, not today but someday but before the entire truth is out of Panchgani night.

Because khushi will blame herself too if she will feel she never trusted him enough.

It’s actually a vicious cycle for both of them which can only be broken by communication.

I just hope it does not get too late for them and they are left with life long regrets of not saving their relationship.

But one thing I am sure is , Khushi’s independence is the first important step.

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Loved the chapter Arpita brilliantly done!!!!!

I wouldn't talk about Khushi's pain because I would not be able to do justice ,and your words are enough to feel the absolute hell she has been through.

I love the way you have decided to redeem Arnav !!!! mind blowing!!!

The time for explanations and apologies is gone . Anything he says or does at this point will seem excuses and a way to assuage his guilt. She doesn't need that ,not now at least .

He chose to provide her with new wings so she can fly ,rather than mending her broken ones and hurting her in process is the show of ultimate love.... he didn't even bother if she will ever come back to him is ultimate devotion ......

He could have withdrawn the divorce and tried to mend the relationship ,he knew she would follow through . He could have told her all about how he felt and the mistakes he did. But he gave her the reins (I wish she realises that). He could have gotten her old job back at her terms ,but he chose to rather let her choose something she would eventually find her worth.

Even if she chooses the greener pastures ,it is important for her own healing that she someday knows, that the air under her wings has been Arnav. That she can have all greenery around her but she was the only shade he ever had and in his insecurities destroyed.

For Arnav I wish there is someone who can now help him understand that he might have made his own life hell but he is not the monster he thinks he is..........

Edited by Arilip - 1 years ago
Pagarg thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Beautiful update Arpita.

The way you described their emotions ...uff...it was like happening in front of me and I was going through the same emotions.

When I look at Khushi's it so heartbreaking that she doesn't has anybody she can talk to. Guess her husband was her best friend but she never demanded much from him.

For Arnav, he has a habit of keeping so much inside that I am waiting when he will tell Khushi what she means to him and how lost he was without her.

Looking forward for the next update.

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Arilip

Loved the chapter Arpita brilliantly done!!!!!

I wouldn't talk about Khushi's pain because I would not be able to do justice ,and your words are enough to feel the absolute hell she has been through.

I love the way you have decided to redeem Arnav !!!! mind blowing!!!

The time for explanations and apologies is gone . Anything he says or does at this point will seem excuses and a way to assuage his guilt. She doesn't need that ,not now at least .

He chose to provide her with new wings so she can fly ,rather than mending her broken ones and hurting her in process is the show of ultimate love.... he didn't even bother if she will ever come back to him is ultimate devotion ......

He could have withdrawn the divorce and tried to mend the relationship ,he knew she would follow through . He could have told her all about how he felt and the mistakes he did. But he gave her the reins (I wish she realises that). He could have gotten her old job back at her terms ,but he chose to rather let her choose something she would eventually find her worth.

Even if she chooses the greener pastures ,it is important for her own healing that she someday knows, that the air under her wings has been Arnav. That she can have all greenery around her but she was the only shade he ever had and in his insecurities destroyed.

For Arnav I wish there is someone who can now help him understand that he might have made his own life hell but he is not the monster he thinks he is..........

yeah Ari, i think when he looked back at Udaaan and acknoledged Arnav's support she will someday acknowledge this too

Not to mention Arnav’s support had been there.

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

Hi Arpita,

Firstly, hope that you're doing great!

Secondly, I want to confess that a single update pushes everything in my real life onto the back burner. I rush to read.

I want to go to my usual tirade, but I would like to split my comment in two parts here. I would obviously want to discuss what I gathered from your chapter in detail, but I want to discuss the structure of this FF.

It prompts me to ask the question if you have studied up on literature? Not only the back and forth had been extremely gripping and apt for this story, but this chapter felt like what we refer to as a 'Proleptic' one. I am dreading that this whole chapter was foreshadow galore. There are too many hints for me to ignore, if you get what I mean. It opens up a plethora of future scenarios and leaves me intrigued. It comes at a perfect time for your readers who needed to know what's next for these two.

Now coming to the chapter, a potent one as always.

I am amazed how much different readers can soak up from the same chapter. I agree with one thing here. Someone said somehow Arnav and Khushi feel less miserable without each other. It's so true when you realize that. There is an invisible support in the air, and it is captured perfectly in what Arnav said.

How grossly he misunderstood that just the knowledge of her being home was enough; despite not being on great terms. It happens with people who have lived with each other and for each other for so long.

I said last time that I want to speak so much about your Arnav too, but I feel there is something missing. Now the puzzle is coming together for me.

It's not the load that breaks you, it's how you carry it.

This chapter had shown the cracks in Arnav. The cracks that were needed to let the light in.

There are lines that tell me again what a gloriously complex creature he really is. And I have been dying to point this out since the last chapter, but I thought I had read too much between the lines.

The last chapter had a line where he did not want to have this conversation with Khushi, his guilt had drowned him again. But he remembers how dejected Khushi was and decides he could not afford to run away for her sake.

In last chapter, he wiped his tears and stopped crying because he could see Khushi was getting affected and he did not want her to stop speaking her heart out simply because he was hurting.

Khushi's love still leaves me in awe, but I will only speak of your Arnav today.

In this chapter again, he does the same thing. And I have a very good guess why.

If I could have left you, I would have left you.

This one line of Khushi, it had far greater implications that any of us imagined. Khushi said he never listened to what she kept saying but I think it's the opposite. He did hear this, loud and clear.

And the guilt that wouldn't let him look her in the eye, he is going to fight back every day. Because he doesn't want to affect her decision. Am I right, dear author?

It relates back to the thought he has in front of the temple. He will not be able to return it all, but he will return herself to her. I can sense what he is trying to do, and it is hurting me, Arpita.

It's like you're asking a question. As if you are telling me that I am giving you what you needed; Khushi is on a path of self-discovery but it's going to come at a cost. Right now, that cost seems to be Arnav and I am not sure as a reader, I am willing to pay that price.

He is now loving her without any expectations in return, isn't he? He is going to step away after giving her the wings she needs because he thinks he had been her cage.

Mukhtalif thi humse tarz-e-zinagi uski,

maloom tha nahin milegi mohabbat uski...

I think till now I have cried only for Khushi and now you're giving me a heads up before my heart shatters for Arnav. This whole chapter had felt like a big calm before the storm. And I am dreading every second of what you are going to unleash on us next.

Such a well written and thoughtful comment and it sums up all my thoughts better than I thought them.

I actually really like the way the story is progressing and while Khushi slowly gets stronger, I hope the emotionally stunted Arnav addresses his issues and heals too and then once they both are in a better place make the right decisions.

Brilliant chapter Arpita!

-Arpi- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Once more, this song came up and out of the blue, these lines had me picturing this Arnav standing in the sidelines while Khushi soared with the wings, he had provided for her.

Sauda Uraanon Ka Hai Ya Aasmaanon Ka Hai

Le Le Uraanain Meri, Le Mere Par Bhi Le

Sauda Ummeedon Ka Hai, Khuwaabon Ka, Neendon Ka Hai

Le Le Tu Neendon Meri, Nainon Mein Bhar Bhi Le

https://youtu.be/i69bn-1juF0?t=83

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashviniv

yeah Ari, i think when he looked back at Udaaan and acknoledged Arnav's support she will someday acknowledge this too

Not to mention Arnav’s support had been there.

I know she would, the woman was all giving. I don’t think she will change this drastically. But I just hope she is not late like Arnav
https://youtu.be/ljV9eYKqpmE
don’t know but this song felt apt for khushi

Arilip thumbnail

Originally posted by: You-Know-Who

Arpita,

I have had it with this guy! I am absolutely frustrated at his inability to communicate. This entire logic of I cannot show my vulnerability, my love, or my true feelings because it will seem fake is beyond me. So what's the other choice? Not saying anything and letting Khushi confirm that everything that he thinks will look fake is actually fake?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS MAN?

I wanna rage at him and I wanna really put some sense into his head and have I already mentioned therapy? I feel like he needs a "dimag ki batti jalao" moment. Otherwise he is going to keep repeating the same mistakes he did. Ugh, I am so mad at him!

You know what truly breaks my heart though? It's the following line and the stark contrast it presents:

"He may have picked his battles in the world, but here he could lay down the burden of his armour."

He comes to Khushi and confesses his entire of guilt of coming late, not being there for her, he is communicating, baring his soul when it does not come naturally to him. Then why does he not do that in the present? Is his guilt really so big that he does not remember how easy it was to lay down the burden of his armour at her feet? And you know while I am typing this, I am thinking, oh he must be think she doesn't deserve any more burdens from him... Wow, what came first? A chicken or an egg?

Feels a lot of guilt for not giving her a baby => Hurts Khushi by not communicating => Feels a lot of guilt at being wrong about his assumptions => Does not communicate because he does not want to hurt her anymore?

Does anyone else see a vicious cycle? Does he see it? Oh god, please send him to therapy. Please please let him have his epiphanies. Someone please tell him to not decide for Khushi what she is capable of bearing. She is capable of judging whether his vulnerability, his feelings, his guilt are real or not. Someone please tell him to not make that choice as well for Khushi. To trust a woman who has always opened her arms for him. I am so mad. I had hoped he would have learnt something after the last chapter, but apparently, he still has the ability to fck up more!

And is there really any doubt that she is thinking that he was so ready to give her up? Did he tell her how really horrible it was for him to give her up? That how he arrived at that decision? I cannot. I have had a lot of empathy for this guy so far, but his communication skills really frustrate me and I had thought he had reached a point where he would now realize what needed to change.

Fine, he wants to leave the decision for their future with Khushi. But damn it, Khushi should be given all the facts first. Khushi needs to know the whys and the hows of what he has been feeling. And yet, what does he really do? Has an almost cold conversation with her asking her what she wants! I am so disappointed in the choice he made in the aftermath, I cannot even begin to tell you. And this is after I had grieved their relationship last chapter. So then, it means I had really not lost all hopes at all. That some part of me still hopes this will work out and that hope is what makes me so angry at him!

Okay my Arnav rant is over!

Khushi on the other hand - Arpita your pen is compelling. Her pain, her numbness, her year's worth of patience all of it in your words has left me with a stupid huge lump in my throat. A woman who took away the pics so the staff wouldn't find it? Where does her selflessness end? How will Arnav EVER measure up to this kind of love? Can anyone?

But it looks like Khushi has reached the end of the tether too. Now, in the present, I don't think she is ready to hide any more photos for Arnav's sake! Because now she realizes how much it really hurts. The most heartbreaking line for me was the fact that her pain became real, because she was not missing Arnav anymore. Her pain became unimaginable because she was treated the way she was, not because Arnav fell in love with another woman, but because he did not trust her enough to communicate with her and tell her what was bothering him. Because it was, according to her, easy for him to let her go.

"The guards went up again. The one person she ran to without any hesitation now warranted strength to even face him."

If I had thought the last chapter had broken me, I was wrong. Because it was this one line, that absolutely killed me. That a woman who has loved with such purity, with such devotion could feel like this about the man she gave her everything to. I just don't know where they go from here, and it kills me.

The chapter has left me with a distinct feeling of premonition, the new entry notwithstanding.

Clam down darling!!!!

He needs therapy very true, but in his insecurities he has made her insecured too!!! She needs to heal first on that ,then know the truth. Because anything that comes out of him now will look his guilt and lies. She is not in position to believe anything right now.
There will be a time to tell her everything but not now , when they both have lost their minds. A woman who loved with so much heart, I absolutely refuse to believe will fall for anyone else so soon!!

I am a strong believer of if you love someone you let them go, trying to tie them only hurts. If they come back it’s more beautiful, if they don’t then it has proven it’s worth!!!

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

What an effective way to summarize their whole relationship.

Khushi might have set the bar on the ground, but Arnav seems to have set it too high.

She would forgive him for everything, but he won't forgive himself for anything.

I agree to you. Not once has his work suffered in all these months. It goes on to show he deserves the success he had amassed. I read your comment and I have been waiting for Khushi's self-love journey too.

I am just not yet ready to pay Arnav as the price :)

I love how you pick such beautiful quotes to express your thoughts. Totally second this.

It's bad when someone makes a person and a human as a whole has to pay the price. Khushi's wholehearted dedication made Arnav feel choked in the relationship at some point. But his selfish decision and infidelity somehow cost Khushi her life at some point. I know it's not possible at this point but I just want both these souls to somehow come out unscathed from this disaster. They could come out together or as separate entities but I just want both of them to be happy in the future.

Arpita is such a brilliant writer that I sometimes forget that this is all fiction. I am so invested in this at this point. It feels like a real-life experience that one of my friends is going through.

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dair10arshi

I love how you pick such beautiful quotes to express your thoughts. Totally second this.

It's bad when someone makes a person and a human as a whole has to pay the price. Khushi's wholehearted dedication made Arnav feel choked in the relationship at some point. But his selfish decision and infidelity somehow cost Khushi her life at some point. I know it's not possible at this point but I just want both these souls to somehow come out unscathed from this disaster. They could come out together or as separate entities but I just want both of them to be happy in the future.

Arpita is such a brilliant writer that I sometimes forget that this is all fiction. I am so invested in this at this point. It feels like a real-life experience that one of my friends is going through.

This is exactly what I had said. When I first began, it felt like someone I know is going through the pain. my life has reduced to waiting for the next update of the FF 🤣

I will have to be as naive as Khushi to think that Arnav and Khushi are coming out of it without any damage. In fact I think they both have already been damaged a lot. But I can understand why one needs to be hopeful. We won’t survive this FF till the end otherwise :)

we have tried finding the hope in boxers. We have tried finding the hope in VD being the French chef from English Vinglish. And from the last two updates I am genuinely struggling to find hope for Arshi!

This time it’s coming from Ari’s words. Maybe Arnav is actually choosing the right path but I can’t shake the dread. I want to yell at him to speak up and yet as I read his words again I believe that all he says at the point will seem hollow. I agree to arpi too, the chapter was foreshadow galore and it’s making me really nervous 💔 😭