Resurgence | Arshi FF | Thread 4 | A/N on Pg 70 - Page 22

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Aahaaa!! Finally loving the positive vibes!!! I do think it’s Lavanya the master planner. I think she just wanted ONS and photos to blackmail him. Also faking pregnancy because of the rumours about khushi being infertile. But the way they came after him, it can only happen because he said sorry in the morning 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I wonder why none of them Arnav,aakash , aman and Payal didn’t know anything about the rumours against khushi!!

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Arilip

I wonder why none of them Arnav,aakash , aman and Payal didn’t know anything about the rumours against khushi!!

exactly i would have thought atleast Aman would have known

Hold on...is that the thing Aman knew about Lavanya? that she started the rumour and thats why his sixth sense immediately was alerted when arnav told him it was lavanya??

Arilip thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashviniv

exactly i would have thought atleast Aman would have known

Hold on...is that the thing Aman knew about Lavanya? that she started the rumour and thats why his sixth sense immediately was alerted when arnav told him it was lavanya??

Could be, but why did he keep quiet ?

Ashviniv thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Arilip

Could be, but why did he keep quiet ?

He might not know she started the rumour but may be heard her in some party or somewhere disparaging khushi.since it might have been one off he didn't take any action

Or another thing, in that 3 film project deal, he might have noticed lavanya's desperate attempts to meet Arnav and that may be the red flag for him.

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I actually think he noticed something in the premiere of kahin door. He might have even observed lunatics obsessive expressions whenever Arnav was around in recent years

Arilip thumbnail

He might not know she started the rumour but may be heard her in some party or somewhere disparaging khushi.since it might have been one off he didn't take any action

Or another thing, in that 3 film project deal, he might have noticed lavanya's desperate attempts to meet Arnav and that may be the red flag for him.

May be, good logic!!

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Arpita,

Thank you for asking about the bullying, I didn’t want to but I am sharing one last comment, classic example why I felt compelled to write the Messiah note to appeal -

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

First of all no one is bashing Khushi or sympathizing with Arnav based on the name. That’s a lot of uncalled for and unfair assumptions on your part. We agree Arnav made mistakes and we also understand Khushis hurt. No one is bashing her. But I have to say you have been bashing Arnav from the get go based on some assumptions and you are talking about a person that has not been described in this story at all.

The Arnav you are ranting about seems to be a character completely made up in your mind. I’m sorry to say that you are wrong in making those assumptions and please know I will never agree to anything you said about Arnav in the above post of yours. I have no idea why you are so harsh on him but whoever you are blaming it’s definitely not the Arnav from Arpitas story. Sorry but I 200% disagree with everything you said here.

That said I have nothing against you or anyone else who is against Arnav but I cannot just keep quiet when he is needlessly being bashed. Bash him for the misjudged decisions or mistakes he made but not for his character which is made up in your head.

I think I need to step out of this discussion before I offend anyone but had to say my piece one last time

I don't remember direct interaction with her before or after. While I will never deny how and why I was the harshest person to criticize Arnav, the fiction character of the story which you always encouraged, how fair it is to jump into fellow readers’ discussions and start brutally passing judgements like you have made assumptions, person you are talking does not exist in the story, character is made up in your mind, made up in your head indirectly calling me crazy, how you are wrong and I 200% disagree with everything you said etc.

Then comes open threatening saying she cannot keep quiet if I say against Arnav, the fictional character and she declared that it is needless; you can verify my feedback was purely about the character to you based on what I felt, and she is not the writer. I was beaten to death by questions for my different views other times, had to tell not to force their beliefs, we can respectfully disagree, and I am exhausted.

Even now I am judged point by point comments or feedback under paragraphs were bad when these people commented first on my feedback to the writer, and they were worse. It's hard to process suddenly I have no freedom to express my views the way I want without being judged like this.

When I mentioned I was already offended by her comments and challenged to prove me wrong or offered to prove my point about the story's character (nothing personal), it was never acknowledged or took accountability for, maybe I always resolved differences before so I expected too much, not any more. I had no clue how to highlight such issues, hence the appeal and today I see I am still the culprit for appealing!

I never involved with these people again. But this is unacceptable, why this kind of direct attack on a fellow reader with different views, different writing style, why corner someone like this and dictate even the format for their feedback? Is this normal? I see no freedom, complete lack of respect, missing basic courtesy to allow people to express freely?

Two days of work travel; the forced detox gave me much-needed clarity on what I was missing; the fun, my own stupid craziness and positivity!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stint here – Bang bang, MaLa D fun blast, my hall of fame stupid boxer poem, my epic comparison of your story with Star Wars, JEDIs and the Yoda, another silly poem about Arnav seeing Khushi first time etc. I came up with the fun contest idea to have alternate ending where all readers put on their thinking caps, sent you their version and you get to choose what you like and write it in your way! Thankfully I was always able to difference between feedback on the chapters, appreciate diverse opinions versus keep your opinions about story aside, bring all the readers together and have fun! This is who I am, and I prefer to remain this way!

With these positive thoughts, my JEDI sense prevails! I choose to walk away from this story! I reflected on everything to conclude; I will regret heavily if I continue to be here! And I don't do regrets, I take things head on, sort, and move on! Thanks to myself I am not leaving the story in the middle, I wrote in detail the alternate ending for the contest which exactly fits after the current chapter! So I have my closure!

JEDI- Jedi a famous character from world popular movie series Star Wars, was a guardian of peace and justice in the Galactic Republic. It's a huge complement.

Three Cheers, ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Swati

coderlady thumbnail

if its coincidence then it might be Manali clicking them hiding in bushes 😉

panchgani party was a low advertized one so i doubt media would be around to click anything

I have guessed several times that Manali might actually be the photographer. She knew first hand about every single meeting.

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

Arpita,

Thank you for asking about the bullying, I didn’t want to but I am sharing one last comment, classic example why I felt compelled to write the Messiah note to appeal -

I don't remember direct interaction with her before or after. While I will never deny how and why I was the harshest person to criticize Arnav, the fiction character of the story which you always encouraged, how fair it is to jump into fellow readers’ discussions and start brutally passing judgements like you have made assumptions, person you are talking does not exist in the story, character is made up in your mind, made up in your head indirectly calling me crazy, how you are wrong and I 200% disagree with everything you said etc.

Then comes open threatening saying she cannot keep quiet if I say against Arnav, the fictional character and she declared that it is needless; you can verify my feedback was purely about the character to you based on what I felt, and she is not the writer. I was beaten to death by questions for my different views other times, had to tell not to force their beliefs, we can respectfully disagree, and I am exhausted.

Even now I am judged point by point comments or feedback under paragraphs were bad when these people commented first on my feedback to the writer, and they were worse. It's hard to process suddenly I have no freedom to express my views the way I want without being judged like this.

When I mentioned I was already offended by her comments and challenged to prove me wrong or offered to prove my point about the story's character (nothing personal), it was never acknowledged or took accountability for, maybe I always resolved differences before so I expected too much, not any more. I had no clue how to highlight such issues, hence the appeal and today I see I am still the culprit for appealing!

I never involved with these people again. But this is unacceptable, why this kind of direct attack on a fellow reader with different views, different writing style, why corner someone like this and dictate even the format for their feedback? Is this normal? I see no freedom, complete lack of respect, missing basic courtesy to allow people to express freely?

Two days of work travel; the forced detox gave me much-needed clarity on what I was missing; the fun, my own stupid craziness and positivity!

I thoroughly enjoyed my stint here – Bang bang, MaLa D fun blast, my hall of fame stupid boxer poem, my epic comparison of your story with Star Wars, JEDIs and the Yoda, another silly poem about Arnav seeing Khushi first time etc. I came up with the fun contest idea to have alternate ending where all readers put on their thinking caps, sent you their version and you get to choose what you like and write it in your way! Thankfully I was always able to difference between feedback on the chapters, appreciate diverse opinions versus keep your opinions about story aside, bring all the readers together and have fun! This is who I am, and I prefer to remain this way!

With these positive thoughts, my JEDI sense prevails! I choose to walk away from this story! I reflected on everything to conclude; I will regret heavily if I continue to be here! And I don't do regrets, I take things head on, sort, and move on! Thanks to myself I am not leaving the story in the middle, I wrote in detail the alternate ending for the contest which exactly fits after the current chapter! So I have my closure!

JEDI- Jedi a famous character from world popular movie series Star Wars, was a guardian of peace and justice in the Galactic Republic. It's a huge complement.

Three Cheers, ❤️❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Swati

Hi Swati,

Firstly, please know that I come in peace and I implore you to read the entirety of my response with an open mind. I hope you will try to put yourself in my place and see where I am coming from as well.

This story has been very intense from the get go, and it has not stopped any of us from getting passionate about our responses, and about our feelings for the characters of this story. We have been indulging in back and forth for a long time now, and all of it was done in a very above board manner. The 3 threads we have filled up with really good and intense discussions is the proof of that.

However, since the last few days things have escalated and this has not only affected the thread's environment but also the author's state of mind and that is quite a shame.

Fortunately or unfortunately in this story, the comments have played a very important factor. At this point, I am convinced that comments have not only stated opinion, but also swayed opinion. And knowing this part, we have all gotten more and more stronger with our responses because no one wants a wrong thing assumed about the characters by the general reading public. We have all interpreted this story in a very personal way as well, each one of us having and sharing a personal anecdote related to some or the other aspect of this story. I believe all these reasons have led us all to become more and more protective and possessive about the characters based on what all we have faced in our lives.

So I can understand the passion, the need to have your opinion validated, the need to know what happened in the story, the need to have author tell us things. I truly can understand. But, all of this has overwhelmed not only the author, but also the rest of us, because frankly, you have been coming on too strong on us from get go.

Here are some of the things that have bothered me and hurt me:

I joined this thread after 11 chapters I believe, and I wrote my response on the thread without ever reading a single comment. But, sorry to say, I felt completely steamrolled when you challenged me. Not because you challenged my opinion, but because of the way you challenged it. You kept saying "Are you even serious?" and "read the comments" even after I repeatedly clarified I did not wish to color my opinion with comments. Your language not just that instance but even later has made me feel like you were questioning not Arnav's character but mine for just empathizing with Arnav even after I repeatedly claimed that I understand whatever happened to Khushi was not pardonable.

(And just to jog your memory you challenged my view without me ever tagging you or ever interacting with you before, so please do not claim that only others are coming onto you and challenging you on your comments on the story to the author. Everyone has been passionate about their opinions from the beginning of this story and jumping in wherever they saw some different opinion.)

And it was not just me, you have used similar language when confronting other people who disagreed with your opinion.

You said in your comment above that with her comment, Shyami implied that you are crazy. These below are your exact words.

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

I totally agree with you 200%. Even the writer has been clear right from the beginning that Arnav's character is the one which is flawed with maximum to all mistakes done by him.

But few Arnav lovers (conveniently forget only the name Arnav is common here, story and character is completely different here) want to ignore this blatantly and blame Khushi for the things she never did.

Still few have sympathy for this ba$tard (sorry for insulting this bad word), giving him all the escape routes while looking for smallest mistake Khushi did to bash her!

Shall we also assume that you think we are stupid because we conveniently forget (in your own words) only the name Arnav is common here? So, what exactly are you implying? That we have no sense of logic? Or no sense to differentiate between a 12 year old show's Arnav and this story? You know we could have taken this in the wrong way, but we didn't. But your comments got increasingly personal over a period of time.

You constantly say that writer has been clear that Arnav's character is flawed but then add a single line to the end "flawed with max mistakes done by him" which is actually your opinion, not the author's. I don't believe the author has even passed an opinion about who made the most mistakes, (Arpita has always maintained that both characters are made by her and she has never compared one or the other as better or worse). You also constantly kept claiming that author confirmed Arnav slept with Lavanya. But I believe author's exact words were "Arnav thinks he slept with Lavanya".... Arnav thinks. Author has not confirmed anything, but you constantly take your opinion, and run with it as fact by adding the words, "author confirmed".

This distorts the story for everyone because it feels like you are forcing us to believe your opinion and not just stating it. You kept repeating it over and over again, "Its black and white", "its broad daylight cheating". Author needs to confirm, etc etc. However, it never came off as your opinion, but just something you wanted everyone to agree with you on.

You were upset that Shyami did not respond to your open challenge, however I believe you and I had a counter argument of sorts in the second last chapter from today, and you left a last comment of mine without replying. Not even a single line from you saying, "agree to disagree, let's move on"....My post was just not acknowledged. So you've indulged in the same actions that seem to have hurt you when done to you.

Also, contrary to your opinion that you were bullied, I believe that none of the other people on thread or the so called "Arnav-lovers" (a term I have a personal beef with because it disregards every logical thing I say after I am labelled as one) have ever resorted to getting personal with you or calling you any names. While you have called us vultures, toxic, disgusting, messiahs, hypocrites and what not. In fact you wrote three beautiful paragraphs serenading us when we had not even said anything to you personally on this thread. Everybody has stopped engaging in debate with you after Arpita's heartbreaking comment that she felt overwhelmed and hurt. Isha even publicly apologized to Arpita for being party to a debate that made Arpita feel that way. You, however, still have not.

Yes we have stepped away from an argument that went very heated, because not everyone wants to indulge in a heated discussion. But, never ever have any of us called you names, or gotten personal with you on any level.

Despite all this, we never intended for you to leave the story because that is not how we view this space. I believe everyone has a right to share their opinion on a public forum as long as it is done respectfully and the language used is not hurtful and forceful. We have been able to indulge in such debates before, have we not? And yet were able to indulge in having fun afterwards. That was the beauty of this story, that has helped me make so many virtual friends in such a short period of time all sharing the same passion. I know the value of safe space where you feel like you belong. And I personally, would not like for ANYONE to feel like they don't belong here, whatever their opinions are. (As long as they are respectful).

Thank you for your time and I hope you can still keep an open mind about what I have said.

Edited by You-Know-Who - 1 years ago