Mirchi23 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Next part pls update today dear

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Hi Swati. You and coder are right about that. I have maintained that all of you are free to provide feedback on any character and I will forever stand by that statement. You’re free to bash/love any character.

However, my support of Arnav was the exact question you and multiple other readers had raised in the past as well. That was the only thing that bothered me too. To which I’ve responded before that as the creator I am bound to understand him.

I still intend to respond to all the questions and confusions. Because I believe a lot has been missed out from the FF or read in a way it was not intended, especially since last two chapters. Thus, me answering to your as well as a few silent reader’s questions is important because those details are important to the story. That’s why this was my comment that maybe my writing needed more clarity. I’m willing to work on that feedback.

Please don’t take me the wrong way here. I believe this FF had formed a community where despite me not being present, you guys have indulged in back and forth, direct discussions with each other. I’ve seen them get heated, I’ve seen them get somewhat personal from all sides which was super uncomfortable to me and yet I never interfered in those thinking no adult needs me to step into a fight they themselves choose to pick. And I’ve seen that happening from all sides. You’re all allowed to fight for your views if you choose to do so.

However, I believe the last few comments on the thread were addressed to me more than to readers who do not like Arnav/Khushi. They were from the intent of support than bullying. Most of them repeating what I have said every now and then in comments.

We have the right to say that open support when I felt low may stop harsh feedback but then they also have the right to say that over explanation from my part and repeated questions which don’t make sense to them derail the flow of the story. They have also been invested and I think most comments have been echoing what has said by me somewhere ; that details are being missed out and things are yet to be revealed.

And the thing is, harsh feedback has never stopped. Neither in DMs nor in comments and I wouldn’t keep it any other way. Any question that you have on the character, rest assured will be answered by me. I will obviously write in detail on things that made me take a step back from the story this time, and it’s not bashing of the character.

That being said, I will appreciate if you guys indulge in direct discussions. I am even fine if one party decides that discussion is not worth their time and respectfully leave. However name calling/ adjectives isn’t something I appreciate or support.

I will once again iterate, readers have my full support in case they don’t like/dislike a character. I will however, keep clarifying things that I did not intend or they were missed out. Please don’t ever worry about you not having a space to say what you want to say about a character. I am there to support and respond to that.

Once again. It’s a nice little community out here. I wouldn’t want any of you to miss out on discussions which have been so dear to us all this while. All of you are mature adults. And I hope once you find a point that you all agree on, you wouldn’t let a random argument two chapters back, keep you from reaching out to each other and enjoy ♥️♥️♥️

Arpita,

I do not get bullied, period so this note was definitely not for myself.

Neither I am worried about anyone directly writing to you, in fact I appreciate and enjoy. Everyone must write to you was my main reason to write this note as well.

I coming from few silent readers who were active but got suppressed by these people! And it's not just about last two days. There is massive effort to lecture and corner others. This has happened many times unfortunately, not just last two days.

One more thing I realized, I would like to share here is, the culture in India versus other countries is different can be another reason. Outside India at least in Americas, if some one has to suggest something to even closest friend, they say "If I were you, I would do this". Where as in India most still directly point and talk, some of them may find it offensive or direct accusations. I am giving them benefit of doubt too but this has happened and people then deleted comments too.

I am not shallow to accuse without reason and run away! I always back it up by evidence, so be rest assured I have proofs. You figure it out by checking comments yourself first. But that's not the point, point is that everyone should feel comfortable to directly provide feedback to you, the writer and not feel uncomfortable or worried to be shot down by others.

I am glad you are calling out everyone to comment and these people will feel the positivity again to provide you direct feedback.

Cheers,

- Swati

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

Arpita,

I do not get bullied, period so this note was definitely not for myself.

Neither I am worried about anyone directly writing to you, in fact I appreciate and enjoy. Everyone must write to you was my main reason to write this note as well.

I coming from few silent readers who were active but got suppressed by these people! And it's not just about last two days. There is massive effort to lecture and corner others. This has happened many times unfortunately, not just last two days.

One more thing I realized, I would like to share here is, the culture in India versus other countries is different can be another reason. Outside India at least in Americas, if some one has to suggest something to even closest friend, they say "If I were you, I would do this". Where as in India most still directly point and talk, some of them may find it offensive or direct accusations. I am giving them benefit of doubt too but this has happened and people then deleted comments too.

I am not shallow to accuse without reason and run away! I always back it up by evidence, so be rest assured I have proofs. You figure it out by checking comments yourself first. But that's not the point, point is that everyone should feel comfortable to directly provide feedback to you, the writer and not feel uncomfortable or worried to be shot down by others.

I am glad you are calling out everyone to comment and these people will feel the positivity again to provide you direct feedback.

Cheers,

- Swati

Hi Swati,

I understand where you are coming from and why it must feel that way.

I did not respond to your comment without checking the previous comments first. I am yet to respond to all that.

But I did read them quite thoroughly and I’m sorry but I don’t agree that they were bullying at all. If anything they were all addressed to me. I have said in my last comment. They were reiterating what I said myself. So all the name calling/adjectives to them is definitely uncalled for. Saying things like they’re hypocrites is also uncalled for what all they have done is put forward their POV and reiterated what I have said myself on several occasions. You guys can do whatever you want in a direct comment that you’re engaging in with each other…but calling them names for bullying was not needed and it’s definitely not appreciated. This was crossing a line in my eyes.

And I definitely don’t agree that anyone went silent because of bullying. People chose to indulge on these comments themselves and backed out when things got too much to take. I respect that since I have personally experienced this, but then it’s not someone’s fault who was just trying to put forward their point in a discussion that got heated.

There are several other readers who have reached out in the past and said they will go on silent because they get attacked when they support Arnav. What should I do for them then??? They are clearly bullied by people who don’t support Arnav. The case is equal on both sides so it’s not majority vs minority or bullying vs support.

Now please note that I am not belitteling people who thought they were bullied into silence. Everyone is bound to feel hurt when attacks get personal. And believe me I know enough from my DMs which includes several readers when commets get personal and how much they are going to hurt.

I can tell them that I am there to support their view point, but ANY kind of personal attacks here will not have my support or response ever. Never have and never will. Direct comments are responsibilities of the people engaged in them. But this needs to be clarified.

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago
SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

Hi Swati,

I understand where you are coming from and why it must feel that way.

I did not respond to your comment without checking the previous comments first. I am yet to respond to all that.

But I did read them quite thoroughly and I’m sorry but I don’t agree that they were bullying at all. If anything they were all addressed to me. I have said in my last comment. They were reiterating what I said myself. So all the name calling/adjectives to them is definitely uncalled for. Saying things like they’re hypocrites is also uncalled for what all they have done is put forward their POV and reiterated what I have said myself on several occasions. You guys can do whatever you want in a direct comment that you’re engaging in with each other…but calling them names for bullying was not needed and it’s definitely not appreciated. This was crossing a line in my eyes.

And I definitely don’t agree that anyone went silent because of bullying. People chose to indulge on these comments themselves and backed out when things got too much to take. I respect that since I have personally experienced this, but then it’s not someone’s fault who was just trying to put forward their point in a discussion that got heated.

There are several other readers who have reached out in the past and said they will go on silent because they get attacked when they support Arnav. What should I do for them then??? They are clearly bullied by people who don’t support Arnav. The case is equal on both sides so it’s not majority vs minority or bullying vs support.

Now please note that I am not belitteling people who thought they were bullied into silence. Everyone is bound to feel hurt when attacks get personal. And believe me I know enough from my DMs which includes several readers when commets get personal and how much they are going to hurt.

I can tell them that I am there to support their view point, but ANY kind of personal attacks here will not have my support or response ever. Never have and never will. Direct comments are responsibilities of the people engaged in them. But this needs to be clarified.

I have ZERO interest in arguments or anything, we have the messages for everyone to read and decide. If you think silent readers are silent by their choice, I am perfectly fine with it or they know who the writer is and how to contact you. So I have no worries about it. Private chats are allowed for everyone and it's nicer that way.

Let the focus be on the story and the writer that is you! You are the star here! Remember Yoda (from Star Wars, the most powerful and positive character)!

Swati

Edited by SwatStar_Arshi - 1 years ago
imshveta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hey Arpita,

Are we going to be lucky tonight gal😉? you updating?

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Hi Arpita,

I am so happy to see you back. Yes I agree discussion about the story is one thing and bullying is a different thing altogether. I am so happy you called out the bullying and name calling in your latest post/reply.

I have been bullied, called vulture, ignorant, messiah Jedi (god knows what that is) or what not. That is not mature behavior. Maybe because I have been living in America for the last 24 years I missed out on a lot of things. You don’t need to prove anything point by point when it’s a story. You read it enjoy it and say your opinion. I was ALWAYS a silent reader. Your writing is what brought me out to debate. But when I was asked to point out my opinions with proofs I walked away because it didn’t make sense to me anymore. This is not a law class but just a story. I will not shy away from apologizing but I will do that only if I’m wrong and I was not wrong here.

I will enjoy your story but I think I will keep my interactions to a minimum. I do not enjoy being called vulture and messiah and whatever not. I’m too old to indulge in this petty name calling.

Peace.

Disclaimer: Whoever chooses to directly or indirectly take digs at me please know I’m not going to respond. I had to say my piece as too much was being assumed. I stand by whatever I said and I’m not obligated to prove anything.

Sorry Arpita for saying all this in reply to your comment. I will continue to read your story and continue to like comments that are on par with my thoughts and opinions.

Best wishes,

Shyami.

Edited by shyamidutt - 1 years ago
Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

Hi Arpita,

I am so happy to see you back. Yes I agree discussion about the story is one thing and bullying is a different thing altogether. I have been bullied, called vulture, ignorant, messiah or what not. That is not mature behavior. Maybe because I have been living in America for the last 24 years I missed out on a lot of things. You don’t need to prove anything point by point when it’s a story. You read it enjoy it and say your opinion. I was ALWAYS a silent reader. Your writing is what brought me out to debate. But when I was asked to point out my opinions with proofs I walked away because it didn’t make sense to me anymore. This is not a law class but just a story. I will not shy away from apologizing but I will do that only if I’m wrong and I was not wrong here.

I will enjoy your story but I think I will keep my interactions to a minimum. I do not enjoy being called vulture and messiah and whatever not. I’m too old to indulge in this petty name calling.

Peace.

Disclaimer: Whoever chooses to direct or indirectly take digs at me please know I’m not going to respond. I had to say my piece as too much was being assumed. I stand by whatever I said and I’m not obligated to prove anything.

Sorry Arpita for saying also this in reply to your comment. I will continue to read your story and continue to like comments that are par with my thoughts and opinions.

Best wishes,

Shyami.

My soul sister 💖, thanks name calling is really worst thing I have come across in this forum . I have had debates before but never had been attacked in personal level. My post got quoted and replied in really bad way that to paragraph wise. We can have different opinions but there is a way to say that.

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

I agree to both of you @shyami and @Arilip

Nobody should encourage bullying and name calling and I’m glad things are being said out loud in the open.

I also don’t care for the accusation of hypocrisy for running away from an argument when presented with FACTS; when I have not once not twice but repeatedly, point by point backed up my stance and beliefs with proof. Not only with my logic/argument but direct snippets from the FF.

I also want to say thank you @veiledwords for acknowledging the support. I had apologised to you reading your first note here, having played any part in the escalation that caused you discomfort. I am glad you are speaking out about what actually stung and hurt you.

I want to make my stance clear to you. Me quoting chapters has only come from the place where I believe things were being missed out; exactly what you have said too. We all feel strongly about this story. But it should never deter us from seeing what exact words were actually there and color our opinions. For that, you forever have my full support and attention ❤️

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Here I am waiting for an update 😆

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

THIS IS A "MEMBERS ONLY" POST
The Author of this post have chosen to restrict the content of this Post to members only.