Resurgence | Arshi FF | Thread 4 | A/N on Pg 70 - Page 18

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

you guys are too kind :)

Because you have given words to our thoughts.
-Arpi- thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pujakrishna

In bengal we have this Baul Culture, the bauls are the ancient group of wandering people basically who wanders from one place to other and keeps on singing and doing poetry (you can google for more). There songs, poetry are basically a mix of love and devotion where you are free to interpret it anyway -- to your lover or to your god. Through out my life have seen so many of them performing and just in middle of their performance you will see them in tears -- the absolute purity. I have always found khushi's love so similar to that purity.

You are so right in saying this is purity not naivety, i have always said a relation, a society or world is never in shambles because of people like khushi who can love like that, but because of the ones who can't.

Imagine an ideal world where everyone can love like khushi!

Thank you for sharing this piece of culture. I am a sucker for this knowledge.

Which is why Sufism, and their poetry/works has always held a special meaning in my heart. It is just so surreal. Love that transcends the boundary of logic. ❤️

Imagine my delight when I find a story where love like this has been personified to perfection in a modern setting. I have read so many pieces and yet this aspect of this FF is so unique. I haven't read any character of Khushi like this before. I am unbelievable eager for next chapters. Because to see Arnav in love with Khushi the same way would be magical ❤️

You-Know-Who thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6

Arpi your words reminded me of a Pablo Neruda poem that describes the way Khushi loves.

“I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where,

I love you directly without problems or pride:

I love you like this because I don’t know any other way to love,

except in this form in which I am not nor are you,

so close that your hand upon my chest is mine,

so close that your eyes close with my dreams.”

ArshiLearner thumbnail
Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Anniversary 1 Thumbnail

Mahaul has become beautiful and shayarana I see 😍😍😍😍😍😍😍

Arpi your words are gorgeous. Your love for literature shows ♥️♥️♥️

You have made observations about the FF that are so obvious yet we could never put them into words. Thanks a lot.

Annie1357 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Congratulations!!! Love both your characters Khushi and Arnav. The love may not be perfect, but that’s the essence of this story that is so magnetic for us. Waiting for the story to unfold. Khushi has been in Arnav all along. It took her absence for Arnav to realize it. Will see if his love for Khushi transcends his sense of responsibilities. Thank you again for giving such a beautiful and precious story.

“Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi

coderlady thumbnail

What a beautiful post Arpi. You are a very good writer.

SwatStar_Arshi, you don't need to feel alone. You have raised valid points and there is nothing wrong with what you feel. One does not have to agree or disagree with you to be with you.

Many of us are on the fence about whether his actions count as cheating or not. We do agree he was wrong. He knows he was wrong. He has always done the right things in the wrong way when it comes to his personal life.

It remains to be seen how he owns up to his mistakes and makes up for them. We still have to see his redemption and resurgence.

dair10arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Arpi-

Hello Arpita,

First of all, I want to apologize if this comes off as a spam. I will take up the chance and assume its welcomed here. People don't fill up threads after threads without spamming.

But I did say to you that I want to fill up pages after pages with your characters. I want to make good on that promise.

I want to talk so much about your Khushi since the last chapter. Few lines have refused to leave me. Please indulge my pretentious language. The words may not be as beautiful as yours but they're close to my heart.

When you read Darwish, an idea emerges. Darwish rejects the idea that love is blind. He instead believes that love sees all, flaws and quirks, and it still embraces. For him love lies in relinquishing control. For him baring one's soul and surrendering is the only way one could truly be in love. I am one of those hopeless fools who believe in these words.

Your eyes are a thorn in my heart

Inflicting pain, yet I cherish that thorn

And shield it from the wind.

I sheathe it in my flesh, I sheathe it, protecting it from night and agony,

And its wound lights the lanterns,

Its tomorrow makes my present.

Dearer to me than my soul.

This is a lover in agony, mourning a love that was lost. It's a thorn in the heart, its painful and yet the lover would choose this pain over everything else.

This was the only poem I could think of when Khushi said these lines.

"When I was away from you, the pain of missing you overtook everything else. I didn’t think about Lavanya or how you had behaved with me because I was paralyzed by not having you around me."

Oh, my world what a beautiful line Arpita. This shows me just how deep in love Khushi really was. Pain of not having him around and the realization that he may be lost to her forever was so magnanimous that no other agony, even being cheated on came close to it.

She loves him in a way that Rumi loved his god, the way Sufi saints loved the divine, the way a devotee looks forward to moksha...

That woman did not once question his statements when he said he did not have an affair and met the other woman for the sake of responsibility. She admits that immediately. Tells him that she loved him for this, and yet questions him why did she not receive the same treatment from him? For Arnav, she has the kind of love people write immortal poems about. The ultimate surrender.

The worst part of it all, and the section that I found toughest to navigate was Khushi's realization that her unshakable faith that Arnav loved her has been challenged since last so many months, and her heart had finally accepted an answer. He never loved her. She was always a responsibility. My heart was bleeding for her in that section.

He kept quiet. He was letting her go when it was someone else. Understanding dawned on her as well as the pain. His silence was again enough for her.

“Oh, so it’s the guilt again. Doing the right thing because I am somehow still your responsibility?” This time, her tone was accusatory.

This was tough to read. In plain and simple words this was so tough to read. She is reliving the taruma she has dealt with for last three months. Arnav confirmed it and more. And I would not expect any other reaction from a woman this pure.

Yes Pure. I do not want to use the word naive. Its derogatory to this character. I wrote a poem above and I am a firm believer of it. She saw all that was in Arnav, and she chose to love him with her soul mortgaged to him. She was not Naive and stupid in love. She was pure. And purity is often not appreciated. And that is why her hurt is so big it hurts us.

And Arnav... I want to write so much about him too. But I feel that I lack something.

I believe he does love Khushi. His heart may have been at the right place. But I don't feel he loves Khushi the way Khushi loves him. Not the way she deserves to be loved. But then, can anyone really be expected to do justice to a love like Khushi? I don't think so.

His realization in this chapter has cut me deep. After 10 years, he was sure that Khushi loved him way too much. I remember he was sure that Khushi loved him so much that she would choose him over her happiness, and he did not want that.

That selflessness of him is the only saving grace and the sliver of hope that I have for this character. That he knows he does not love Khushi as much as she loves him, but he can be right to her. He can do right by her. It's just so unbelievably sad that his definition of right has hurt Khushi to the point where she is questioning her devotion.

But he did not know the actual depth of her love and that realization has pulled the ground from under his feet. When Khushi accepted all that he said as gospel, and even tried to find reasons to forgive him, I can see him dying at that thought. That he has wrecked a trust so deep, a love so intense.

She had given up. He had snuff out the light that burnt so bright in those hazel eyes that kept his own world from drowning into darkness. He had dimmed the life in a woman who has once breathed life in everything she touched. Even his cursed self.

It was a good thing human heart was not as fragile as it was made out to be in poems because right at this response, Arnav’s would have stopped.

Heart shattering lines.

I can only equate his condition to this one line

Khud ko tanha paate paate, humne apno ko kho diya...

I want to write more on him, but I feel something is missing. Like there is something lurking right under the surface that will break free now.

Maybe that is why the title is resurgence. Maybe now Arnav would love her to the extent of devotion while Khushi finds herself. That would make this story come full circle and still break my heart.

In absolute awe of your pen my friend. Had to post this here when I read your last note. This is way too special and has too much potential to be left at this junction. I hope you find your inspiration among so many of us that don't want to read a single thing other than what your story and your words portray.

I don't want to read any other analysis, any other facts or figures to tell me what is right and what is wrong. I am selfish and only interested in what you want to tell me. In what your "flawed and humane" characters have done. That is enough for me, and I hope that is enough for you too. That is the whole point of reading someone else's words.

This has just left me speechless. Such beautiful words.

ilfordian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

I can see Arnav singing 'Pukarta chala hoon' 😂

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Arpita - How did we miss this song? Suits perfectly to your Arnav!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdNqBA44Bg

VeiledWords thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

TY so much for supporting me. Arpita herself and few silent readers as well have strong support for me. And even being alone will never stop me from speaking the truth, a JEDI always prevails.

First things first, I already talked to Arpita last night, applied the 10 seconds rule to clear misunderstanding, all set.

Arpita appreciates every feedback and OK about readers liking or not liking the characters. She is perfectly fine with me bashing up her darling Arnav too! My point of view is correct based on evidences I provided, where as Arpita has always expressed how much unfair Arnav was even in the latest chapter with Khushi, so this was never the dispute. She thought I wrote a statement on writer's behalf, where as I was putting myself in everyone's shoes including the writer for a moment and thinking, two different things. I had realized it and responded immediately too.

- Swati

Hi Swati. You and coder are right about that. I have maintained that all of you are free to provide feedback on any character and I will forever stand by that statement. You’re free to bash/love any character.

However, my support of Arnav was the exact question you and multiple other readers had raised in the past as well. That was the only thing that bothered me too. To which I’ve responded before that as the creator I am bound to understand him.

I still intend to respond to all the questions and confusions. Because I believe a lot has been missed out from the FF or read in a way it was not intended, especially since last two chapters. Thus, me answering to your as well as a few silent reader’s questions is important because those details are important to the story. That’s why this was my comment that maybe my writing needed more clarity. I’m willing to work on that feedback.

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

I was surprised few silent readers applauded me pointing out flaws in Arnav's character by sending me personal messages. What I was not surprised was expected behavior from the self proclaimed Messiahs -

Messiahs pass direct accusations like odd, you are reading different story, it's not in the story, when you don't agree with their views. When you challenge or prove your point, they vanish without acknowledging or apologizing and then come back to lecture. Why can't one simply ask why you think so or how you came to this conclusion etc. instead of attacking people, so toxic and disgusting!

Everyone including Messiahs have commented right from the beginning criticizing Arnav, Khushi, both or circumstances along with fun, positive and other comments as the story has progressed and that has been the best part encouraged even by writer herself. My personal take, it's absolute fun. The amazing story has taken readers by storm after 10++ years of serial for a reason, we are already on 4th link. But Messiahs now are giving lectures how not to criticize in the middle of the story, Genius!

When two mature adults, a reader and the writer are discussing or they had a lil misunderstanding, here Messiahs have ZERO knowledge of where our discussions stemmed from, we might have discussed something privately, but they will NOT show basic courtesy or respect to step back and wait until the two mature adults complete their conversation, start instant collective attacks and then lecture on how attacks are NOT acceptable, Fabulous!

Messiahs also think they can teach others English!

Messiahs openly applaud people who have so many times misunderstood and demeaned Khushi's character but say anything they don't like is a crime for them! Messiahs will distort other readers' comments when they disagree with them, spin their feedback in negative context by getting personal, sarcastic.

The unfortunate part is Messiahs' bullying has stopped few extremely thoughtful readers to provide valuable feedback to the writer by now. By the end of the day, it's Arpita's loss especially when she has used feedbacks to improve things.

I don't care what Messiahs will continue to do, all I can say is they haven't looked into the mirror lately to see their hypocrisy glaring at them. I sincerely hope JEDI sense will prevail and Arpita will get feedback from everyone.

- Swati

Please don’t take me the wrong way here. I believe this FF had formed a community where despite me not being present, you guys have indulged in back and forth, direct discussions with each other. I’ve seen them get heated, I’ve seen them get somewhat personal from all sides which was super uncomfortable to me and yet I never interfered in those thinking no adult needs me to step into a fight they themselves choose to pick. And I’ve seen that happening from all sides. one is allowed to fight for their views if they choose to do so.

However, I believe the last few comments on the thread were addressed to me more than to readers who do not like Arnav/Khushi. They were from the intent of support than bullying. Most of them repeating what I have said every now and then in comments.

We have the right to say that open support when I felt low may stop harsh feedback but then they also have the right to say that over explanation from my part and repeated questions which don’t make sense to them derail the flow of the story. They have also been invested and I think most comments have been echoing what has said by me somewhere ; that details are being missed out and things are yet to be revealed.

And the thing is, harsh feedback has never stopped. Neither in DMs nor in comments and I wouldn’t keep it any other way. Any question that you have on the character, rest assured will be answered by me. I will obviously write in detail on things that made me take a step back from the story this time, and it’s not bashing of the character.

That being said, I will appreciate if you guys indulge in direct discussions. I am even fine if one party decides that discussion is not worth their time and respectfully leave. However name calling/ adjectives isn’t something I appreciate or support.

I will once again iterate, readers have my full support in case they don’t like/dislike a character. I will however, keep clarifying things that I did not intend or they were missed out. Please don’t ever worry about you not having a space to say what you want to say about a character. I am there to support and respond to that.

Once again. It’s a nice little community out here. I wouldn’t want any of you to miss out on discussions which have been so dear to us all this while. All of you are mature adults. And I hope once you find a point that you all agree on, you wouldn’t let a random argument two chapters back, keep you from reaching out to each other and enjoy ♥️♥️♥️

Edited by VeiledWords - 1 years ago