Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 1 years ago

Originally posted by SwatStar_Arshi

This is one fact no one can deny - The story writer and readers that support Arnav in this story, readers like me who do NOT support Arnav from this story and neutral readers who feel sympathy for both Arnav and Khushi. There is open proof, BLACK and WHITE statements in the story that Arnav was sympathetic, caring and emotionally involved with Lavanya while keeping his wife in dark about the Panchgani ONS incident, his meetings with Lavanya, phone calls and texts. Also he knew his was hurting his wife by his behavior but continued to ill-treat her while going to the other woman.

And no excuse, I mean no excuse on this planet allows anyone including Arnav to cheat so blatantly on his / her spouse. This is all I wanted to point out and wanted you to address.

Originally posted by: VeiledWords

The first line of this post is genuinely hurting to me ; that despite being absolutely patient with very polar opposite views, I have always maintained and even interfered in discussions to defend anyone’s right to say anything over here; and that has come off as me being openly supportive to one of the characters.

I would have even understood the accusations before the last chapter. But I am genuinely confused and mighty hurt to listen to this after I specially dedicated the last whole chapter explaining exactly how much Khushi has been affected. By everything. Including his behaviour during oct-dec’15. I have made no adjustments to Khushi’s retorts and replies based on what I and the readers know of Arnav’s behaviour so I’m left utterly dazed with this whole thing.

Also the last paragraph. No, nothing gives Arnav the right to do to Khushi what he did. But I have repeatedly listed my reasons for him to do so and I was going to the same thing again today. With much more detail and hoping to fill in the gaps which I believe are there due to long chapters and timeline jumps.

I neither expected everyone to be onboard with Arnav’s action nor have I made Khushi try to understand his point of view. She is hurt and angry and broken and that’s all I depicted in the last chapter.

I personally wrote the character who made these mistakes, the one who chose to go comfort Lavanya. I know more about his psyche and life history than what the plot has revealed. I am the one who has purposely written Arnav’s mistakes. I am bound to understand his reasoning. As I am bound to understand Khushi’s hurt.

First things first, my heart felt apologies for creating this ruckus when I have 100 times told I am huge fan your writing as well as the story. I never meant to hurt you, my point of view is simple - Arnav is still shying away from openly admitting the truth that he has cheated on Khushi in broad day light, I have no clue why? Just this point is my only concern, my other big writing was just to prove my main point because previously no one understood and blamed me. Now also it is the same but that's a different logic all together. Ha ha.

We all readers were openly accepting Arnav was victim based on Lavanya's aggression but unable to accept Arnav cheated based on open evidences from the same story that he provided sympathy and emotional support (fake for him but not for Lavanya and Khushi has no clue what's happening) is interesting for me, this is complete double standard but I am absolutely fine with it and made peace with it. I know I am alone but I am neither against the writer / story nor at war with anyone. I just showed the reality from the story that we missed to acknowledge and as usual if the messenger gets killed, I am ok with it. I will be fine with that too, but let me point out few agreed with me, sent me personal messages but they are not comfortable openly commenting and I have peace with it too.

You are taking my comment completely wrong. I have never denied you have always called out his mistakes, some others and I for the one is this Arnav's worst critic. My concern here is -

1. I clearly established a fact that Arnav emotionally, cyber and physically CHEATED on Khushi from Nov 8th 2015 - Dec 18th 2015. I have provided proper evidence form the story along with what qualifies for all these types of cheatings links to prove my point and this has happened in the story. This is NOT a small mistake, Arnav cheated on Khushi for days here by meeting Lavanya, phone calls and texts. This fact needs to be acknowledged by Arnav as cheating is all I meant and nothing else.

This is exactly why I had asked your thoughts on me calling Arnav's meeting La cheating and your response was - Yes, from Khushi’s pov her husband consoling another woman even for a minute is cheating (Link4-Page5) and Arnav has done for days.

Your comments on Arnav's perspective - I have also written that he didn’t feel any sympathy for Lavanya but did feel that honor demanded he be there for a woman who he thought was vulnerable. So you guys tell me what’s the situation is for you.

So Arpita - You and I are on the same page here, this is cheating for Khushi, period. And the story further clearly establishes Arnav had sympathy for La, fake emotional support from his side which is real support for La, and that's why I called it emotional cheating.

2. My problem here is Arnav passing this cheating as responsibility in front of Khushi which is in NOT at all correct and Khushi being so naïve still trusts him. And especially when lawyers were involved, he should have been made aware of meeting La is cheating. It would make a huge difference if Arnav had even acknowledged Khushi that he never meant to cheat her but that has NOT happened.

3. So my point of view - Sorry, I should have been more specific here that I was putting myself in everybody's position and never meant pointing fingers at you or others.

As a writer - If I see this from your perspective though I have no clue about the future but for a second I thought it. I am in a catch 22 situation, Arnav the righteous and good man all this time versus a sudden window showing him in grey that the writer never meant it?

As a reader - I see it as a clean cheating by Arnav during the specific time period; not before and after, and I provided enough explanation and proofs.

As Arnav's fan - This is where it hurts me the most. I am totally disappointed because he has not come clean to his wife when he wants to prove he understand her hurt, she is most important and matters to him the most and he wants to fix the marriage by discussing / counselling. If he is honestly acknowledging his cheating saying he didn't realize, it will go long way. Khushi is still trusting him and wants to bail him out when he is so critical on himself. He did not realize what if Khushi would have done something to harm herself in her damage mental state? We cannot forget La was pretending everything here where as Khushi was actually getting hurt. Let's assume whatever happened to his sis is the worst situation on this planet, but does it allow him to cheat on Khushi? She is equally vulnerable, can go in shock mode or even get a heart attack if she finds out other woman is pregnant, the only desire she is waiting to fulfil for years but he denied, it was main contention their marriage was falling apart, and he knew she was getting hurt by his ignorance? So his reckless approach to take care of La based on his past experience can be risky for Khushi, isn't it? And it has already proved how much damaged she is? As Arnav fan, I expected him to be righteous and this no where righteous or fair to Khushi.

As a Khushi fan - Arnav is still being not completely honest and I am unable to connect with his feelings because they are hollow if he does not address the big elephant in the room. So somehow this debunks Arnav's righteousness, makes him look dishonest and manipulative. Here as a reader I know Lavanya was faking everything while Khushi was getting emotionally damaged in real all along. And suddenly Arnav's fear has vanished; sympathy and emotional support has taken over?, doesn't really add up. Is Arnav's approach OK if something happened to Khushi just because his sis or Payal had hard pregnancies so he runs to help La ignoring the fact that she has Manali and barrage of help where as Khushi was all alone? As a Khushi fan, I can never digest this. He is filthy rich and million ways to help Lavanya without he himself being present, he be with his wife's side and explain first. If they decide to separate, he can absolutely go and help Lavanya. Knowing Khushi runs NGO and kindness is in her DNA, she would have sucked up her pain and stood with husband to help La.

Which is why Arnav was not let off the hook by Khushi on any of the points that you mentioned. He was even grilled on points by Khushi that all of you missed.

One more thing that I don’t understand about the last paragraph- every single reader here started this FF with an image of Arnav way worse than meeting Lavanya because she was pregnant. Everyone thought he had a full fledged affair and still kept reading the story. Now that the nuance is him meeting a woman he feels responsible for (that too, thrice. Kept meeting her represents something else entirely), there is a bigger lashing out? Despite me never letting him off the hook in the story for any of it???

Arpita - I am looking at this situation from Khushi's perspective. Khushi has no clue but he has ignored her the whole time as if she didn't exist for more than a month. Lavanya is pregnant but not his wife but the other woman who has all the possible top notch help in the world.

ONS happened just once and La was aggressor here. Let me point out the ONS was never going to happen again but we all readers immediately established this was La's fault and Arnav was victim. I went a step ahead and expected him to be proactive, do medical tests to save himself first.

And now if Arnav met Lavanya 3 times, he was still talking to her over phone or replying to her texts so 3+++ occurrences, cheating is a cheating. Why we have a problem accepting it as cheating, why this duplicity? And your this comment contradicts your previous comment as - Yes, from Khushi’s pov her husband consoling another woman even for a minute is cheating (Link4-Page5). This was the ONLY reason I thought I should point you Arnav's cheating because you and I were on the same page. Trust me, otherwise I would have never gone this route and lived with it. I waited for 3 days wanting to send you privately but you insisted to put it in comments. My intention was never wrong or personal but just share what I found out in a story. Another thought was if you decide to go pro / eBook that we talked about, this piece of information would help you, me thought now I clearly get it, my proactiveness and I belong to a different planet, I tell ya.

My cry is not how many times it happened, my cry is Arnav has not acknowledged it as cheating. He thinks his behavior is ok based on his past personal experiences with his Di. And this is where I felt Arnav's or anyone's past experiences does not give them license to cheat. Arnav absolutely can not justify the cheating using his Di's situation no matter how worst it is. I am sure it one of worst bomb you are gonna throw, no denying in it.

And this is exactly what I apologized for in the previous comment. I thought the writing has had gaps. I will apologise for this as well if it came off as taking sides. I have only ever openly spoken if I felt like character was being accused of something they didn’t do. And I have done this for both Arnav and Khushi. Happily. I’m once again sorry if it came off this strong.

I will still answer all the question you had in your original comment because I had begun collecting my thoughts to flow in a better way and hoped that I will be able to fill out the gaps that have been left by my writing. Because I’m sure more readers have similar questions. Allow me time till tomorrow or maybe weekend because right now I don’t want to deal with a single part of this story.

Edit - despite me coming off as supporter of one character over the other, I will still defend your right to say anything on the forum. I will never force any readers to like or even agree to Arnav’s actions. I will still try my best to answer all the questions you meticulously laid down. And hope that it might shed some light on where I was coming from when I wrote the sequence.

You never needed to apologize here, if anyone it's me. Because I fare and square pointed out a fact that Arnav emotionally, cyber and physically cheated on Khushi from Nov 8th 2015 till Dec 18th 2015. Again I am specific here, I am apologetic only about pointing this fact and NOT apologetic about the actual fact that I established. And why I am not apologetic, because you and I initially were on the same page here.

My only thought was until this is acknowledged by Arnav himself in the story, his thoughts, apologies and everything comes as hollow and contradicts to how character being established as a hard working, responsible, righteous and a good man and other factors.

I would genuinely request you to look into the window that I opened for you - Arnav's behavior from Nov 8th - Dec 18th 2015. This starts shaking the foundation and fundamentals established in the story from the beginning. And this is not what I want as a reader. I want to read the story as you wrote for us as a writer and see through your point of view. So I felt compelled to point out the conflict, what I didn't realize was I did not have the right. As a reader I took some liberties, so it's all my fault. It's you story, your choice how to present your characters, period. I felt I have liberty to see through the characters and comment but maybe I am denied this freedom.

I have never shied away from the fact that I still have immense respect for you as a writer and you know what we discussed privately too. Read my first quick comment after glancing at this chapter - Take a bow and I always meant it. All my harsh feedbacks are for the character and not for you personally.

Please do not make me a villain for opening a window that existed in the story itself all along. I am just a messenger and a big fan. May be not a typical fan who does just give goodie goodie feedback but a loyal one who is honest and brave enough to share any discrepancy they see. Don't worry based on your feedback, I will decide to back off or feel free to block me if you want.

I will miss out on a fab story, you will miss out on a loyal critic who had guts, it's a lose-lose but I can live with it... I have made peace as you always say.

Cheers,

Swati

Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shyamidutt

Hi Arpita,

I am extremely sorry that you are hurt. I can understand your emotions right now. It’s the worst kind of feedback for an author when readers attack the basic premise of the story. I am once again very sorry you are hurt. You are a brilliant author and you come across as a wonderful human being and I’m sorry to see you in this situation.

Also please be clear you just reacted and responded to the comments. Not many writers take the time and effort to do so. Which was very magnanimous of you. You responded to all comments without any bias. I can vouch for it but I’m sure they are many who will agree with me.

Since you said this is our forum and our space too I’m going to take the liberty to say my piece. The author writes a story and puts it out there. Every reader interprets it as per their personality, their personal experiences and their situations at that time of reading a book or story. I’m a voracious reader and I can claim this to be true. It’s your duty as an author to tell your story and it’s upto us readers to interpret it in our own way. This being a forum we have the luxury and privilege to interact and share our emotions and thoughts with you and with each other. That being said it should not be misused and no one reader can force the others to accept their theory or opinion about the story. I do not need proof black or white or any other color to form my opinions. This is a very well presented sensitive story. Not a legal case with the law involved. I will not agree that Arnav cheated emotionally or otherwise and no one and I MEAN NO ONE can convince me otherwise. I have a right to my opinion and I stand by it. I have empathy towards the character Arnav and I will not change my opinion. Similarly I feel for Khushi a lot but that doesn’t stop me from empathizing for Arnav. I will have my opinions and like I respect others opinions I expect mine to be respected too. Arguing and having opinions is nice only till it’s a healthy debate. After that it ceases to be a debate.

I hope I didn’t say anything that would further hurt you Arpita. If so I apologize from the bottom of my heart. Let me reiterate that you are one of the best authors I have read to date and I hope you continue to write wonderful stories in the future too.

Good luck and lots of hugs and love to you 🤗❤️❤️❤️

I think this post clearly says everything I wanted to say, I hate typing!!! Arpita you made me type these big comments!!! I am sorry that you are hurt ..

In my opinion it has come down more about proving a point than anything else. Ppl are using words like “seriously” and “how can you being a woman” . This thing is too toxic… I have a right to express my feelings and I stand by how I feel. I have even edited and apologised where I was wrong regarding the incidence according to the story. But I must admit you are one of the best writers in the forums and probably for me the second one who bothered to respond and clear up any confusions. So please I would ask you not to bother about it too much, the story is brilliant and your narration is awesome!!!

As bad as it was for khushi who unfortunately was caught in this cyclone because her husband was in it , I can’t have Arnav being inhuman. To me any man who discards a woman like a dirty secret and fails to accept the innocent child that has already started taking shape is a complete inhuman!!!

A child coming out of a loving relationship or a ONS deserves at the minimum acknowledgment by both the parents no matter their situation. So, definitely if a woman decided to keep the child to my eyes she is a good human and taking her responsibility as a woman and not discarding the child like a dirty tissue . In this world most of the men get away without taking any responsibility , I am ashamed to read that is acceptable and he should do that. To me Arnav accepting his mistake and supporting (not emotionally) Lavanya’s pregnancy is magnanimous given that he was letting his world go ( the fact that had made him suicidal and landed him in this mess). He could have used all his powers to make Lavanya abort her baby but he chose the righteous and tough path. And yes you have clearly written he tried to sympathise with her, and was even feeling guilty of for not being able to. To me it’s not emotional cheating .

Yes ,he was wrong to behave like that with khushi or hide all this from her . But you have been very clear on his state of mind. It doesn’t hurt less and no body deserves and you have done a brilliant job in expressing khushi and finally finally I am in love with khushi….. I have never liked her take all sh*t and not complain attitude. I like her kick a** attitude. But at the same time I can’t ignore Arnav’s pain.

Edited by Arilip - 1 years ago
SwatStar_Arshi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Arpita,

Maybe this comparison will do the trick what my explanation hasn't.

Read this story, https://www.wattpad.com/story/101647694-arshi-ss-if-i-were-you-just-for-a-day-complete

You might already be huge fan of Smita just like me. She is another great writer just like you.

Please read the Prologue and Chapter 1, when Khushi callously asks Sheetal questions in front of family about her and Arnav's affair, it opens the black window for the family and suddenly everyone starts seeing Sheetal in a different light and they start feeling guilty.

Same I felt is this situation here, Arnav's behavior Nov 8th 2015 - Dec 18th 2015 is the same black window that opens a different can of worms, jeopardizes his character established so far and starts shaking the foundation / fundamentals of Arnav as a person for me as a reader. At least that's how I felt.

Thanks,

-Swati

shyamidutt thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Arilip

I think this post clearly says everything I wanted to say, I hate typing!!! Arpita you made me type these big comments!!! I am sorry that you are hurt ..

In my opinion it has come down more about proving a point than anything else. Ppl are using words like “seriously” and “how can you being a woman” . This thing is too toxic… I have a right to express my feelings and I stand by how I feel. I have even edited and apologised where I was wrong regarding the incidence according to the story. But I must admit you are one of the best writers in the forums and probably for me the second one who bothered to respond and clear up any confusions. So please I would ask you not to bother about it too much, the story is brilliant and your narration is awesome!!!

As bad as it was for khushi who unfortunately was caught in this cyclone because her husband was in it , I can’t have Arnav being inhuman. To me any man who discards a woman like a dirty secret and fails to accept the innocent child that has already started taking shape is a complete inhuman!!!

A child coming out of a loving relationship or a ONS deserves at the minimum acknowledgment by both the parents no matter their situation. So, definitely if a woman decided to keep the child to my eyes she is a good human and taking her responsibility as a woman and not discarding the child like a dirty tissue . In this world most of the men get away without taking any responsibility , I am ashamed to read that is acceptable and he should do that. To me Arnav accepting his mistake and supporting (not emotionally) Lavanya’s pregnancy is magnanimous given that he was letting his world go ( the fact that had made him suicidal and landed him in this mess). He could have used all his powers to make Lavanya abort her baby but he chose the righteous and tough path. And yes you have clearly written he tried to sympathise with her, and was even feeling guilty of for not being able to. To me it’s not emotional cheating .
Yes ,he was wrong to behave like that with khushi or hide all this from her . But you have been very clear on his state of mind. It doesn’t hurt less and no body deserves and you have done a brilliant job in expressing khushi and finally finally I am in love with khushi….. I have never liked her take all sh*t and not complain attitude. I like her kick a** attitude. But at the same time I can’t ignore Arnav’s pain.

Thank you for pointing it out. Taking responsibility for the mistake he thinks happened during the party and supporting a distraught pregnant woman (in his mind) is admirable quality. In a world where people are quick to get out of responsibility, it talks about the character of a person. To label that as cheating emotional or otherwise is not only wrong but sends out a wrong message.

Khushi also understands that he is always doing the right thing by everyone. Despite her pain it’s a quality she admires. That does not in any way take away from her pain and suffering which he now realizes too. He caused Khushi immense pain and now he realizes the depth of it.

But at the end of the day the story is as the reader sees it in their mind. There is no right or wrong to it.

Edited by shyamidutt - 1 years ago
tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I always thought criticism comes after the writer has finished a book as in finished whatever they wanted to say.

For the movie also people criticise after you have watched the entire thing.

Here, the writer has not even touched some of the crucial topics, there is still a lot to come and such harsh criticism at this juncture repeatedly on same point is beyond my understanding.

No I am not blaming anyone, everyone has a right to express their views.

But so do I.

Edited by tashi26 - 1 years ago
Arilip thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: tashi26

I always thought criticism comes after the writer has finished a book as in finished whatever they wanted to say.

For the movie also people criticise after you have watched the entire thing.

Here, the writer has not even touched some of the crucial topics, there is still a lot to come and such harsh criticism at this juncture repeatedly on same point is beyond my understanding.

No I am not blaming anyone, everyone has a right to express their views.

But so do I.

Yup very true, that conversation didn’t include many things it was just a hasty explanation of things. There is lots unsaid in the story!!! We should be patient and let the story unravel and enjoy the journey!!! Slamming the writer when the story is not even complete is really not good.

bakwas_serial thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SwatStar_Arshi

Shraddha,

Arnav has informed / Khushi got to know he was opting for the divorce only on Dec 18th 2015. Anything before was either in his head or Akash, Payal, Lawyer Basu, Aman, Lavanya and Manali knew he was divorcing with her and but NOT Khushi herself. He always wanted to separate from Khushi and divorce for a year, but has never conveyed to her even after knowing her thoughts on marriage and she was staying under the same roof as him during Nov-Dec time frame when he was entertaining Lavanya. Khushi's love note clearly says she wanted to fix the marriage, so she is on a different page all together and clueless about his divorce thoughts. He needed to specifically discuss about separation / divorce before engaging with other woman and NOT after. He was ready to hide it once she agreed for the divorce and has come clean about Lavanya only now in March 2016. This makes Arnav engaging with Lavanya in form of communication, meetings from Nov 8th 2015 till Dec 18th 2015 cheating in any corner of the world, we cannot justify it saying in his mind he was separated from her. Official communication is critical here.

Watch my specific dates here, they are critical timelines. This is exactly why I said he cheated only until Dec 18th and NOT after. On Dec 18th Arnav and Khushi finally discussed about the impending divorce before the party, what he does after that is NOT cheating anymore.

In the latest chapter if you observe, Khushi is shocked to know that he wanted to divorce her long before Lavanya incident - Do I need to convince anything any more???

Don't just not write, don't cook or clean as well girl! Good opportunity not to work hard once a while... Take care and get well soon...

- Swati

I know the dates ,Swati. To me he has been absent mentally,emotionally for a long time (khushi musings to Ratna questions and he is in Nepal)..so divorce date talk to me is not important.

I have not excused his behavior and actions before nor do I do today. No point now for me to regurgitate all my past observations. Or what should he have done.

He has accepted today what his behavior/actions did to Khushi. He has not defended himself..just told her selective few things. This is Day1.

The story is not done..so I will wait for subsequent chapters to read his reflection and actions.

Thank you ..it is hard typing from left😊

Mrieshka thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 2

When an author writes a story, there will be always difference of opinion from readers based on their circumstances and perspectives and its fair to write their thoughts.

However No Way any of the readers should keep on attacking author and pointing out the mistakes/ whatever etc. I firmly believe that author of the story has exclusive right to penn down whatever he or she desires. How can any author answer all the crucial questions we have in the middle of the story?There will be no motivation or fun in reading the story if we already know whats/ How/ why of all the incidents.

None of us are forced to read if we have issue with the way story is written.

I have been reading Arshi stories on and off for few years and have read many many brilliant stories.
I have not seen any author to come back and actively explain their characters. Its not even required.

Therefore I would definitely say that @Arpita— you are one of those rare writers who not only actively participates but also tries to clarify about them🙏🙏👏. Please take a deep breath and just write what you want to. Let your readers decide whatever they want to. This is very unfortunate situation I have witnessed. I was trying to keep quiet yet could not resist because I have been taught that tolerating wrong is also indirectly promoting wrong notion.

This is not a surgery or critical evaluation of an article which needs microscopic dissection of each word. This is just an fanfiction written to let us have some fun away from our daily AD regarding our favorite characters.

I hope I have not hurt anyone’s sentiments.

Edited by Mrieshka - 1 years ago
tashi26 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I have been just thinking of Arshi will listening to it.

Edited by tashi26 - 1 years ago
tashi26 thumbnail

These are the two songs running in a loop in my head after last chapter.