Frequent Posters

beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

hi priya,

hi beena (i see you're around),

hi all,

ok this happened to me the v first time. saw the episode just now, didn't really like it, left me cold. came here to see what you guys think. was so glad to see priya after a long break, enjoyed all your comments, went back and rewatched. can't say i loved it, but yes i did connect much better and i must say bitwa is a very good bad actor πŸ˜†.

for this, thank you so very much πŸ€—.

i guess i just don't like it when asr is made to listen to others and he isn't the plan man. don't mind it being khushi's idea, but this complete dependence of the man on his jhalli, especially on a matter as deadly as this, a bit uh huh for me. i must say, his resistance makes it a bit real.

one other thing, i know this is about giving shyam hell and getting him to confess, and we all enjoy snake in pain, but khushi grinning and saying her plan and fail? never, don't you think this is not the kind of situation where there's such display of mirth? it is about anjali's baby still, asr's sister's offspring being killed, his sister going through hell. felt a bit odd. when she planned and attempted to rescue asr, i felt the emotions were real. here there was a tug of war between let's keep it light and comic and the inherent ghastliness of the fact. my feeling, in private moments between the planners there's no space for ha ha.

sorry for this off note, just pondering. i could be wrong.

Good Morning Di πŸ€—
Di, I have many issues with this track . What I am enjoying is the variation in acting displayed by Barun in yesterday's episode he was very good. I agree with you Di ...I wanted ASR to trap Shyam all by himself but then again we are watching a SP show . I have not seen any transformation in Khushi's character why do we get to see comedy when a serious issue is being dealt with. Anjali is beyond my understanding have yet to see a character like her's on Tele. Khushi's outfits don't help either😑 n ext we will see ASR making jelabi's with KKGSR and the trp's will be 4.0 Di , unfortunately there are very few people like you and me who want to see IPK the love story with depth . I want to see Shyam suffer but not with comedy ...

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: beena14

Good Morning Di πŸ€—
Di, I have many issues with this track . What I am enjoying is the variation in acting displayed by Barun in yesterday's episode he was very good. I agree with you Di ...I wanted ASR to trap Shyam all by himself but then again we are watching a SP show . I have not seen any transformation in Khushi's character why do we get to see comedy when a serious issue is being dealt with. Anjali is beyond my understanding have yet to see a character like her's on Tele. Khushi's outfits don't help either😑 n ext we will see ASR making jelabi's with KKGSR and the trp's will be 4.0 Di , unfortunately there are very few people like you and me who want to see IPK the love story with depth . I want to see Shyam suffer but not with comedy ...

you are right, beena. we are lucky we got as much depth as we did get in ipk. very lucky. πŸ˜ƒ i didn't even need asr to be trapping shyam all by himself, with khushi's help by all means, but this comedy is a bit weird. also, khushi's character, which has immense potential, is again in sp land. ah reality, really there's dard in it πŸ˜†. actually i prefer anjali's complexity to khushi's only good-ness, in terms of characterisation. khushi has the base for great development just like asr, hope that happens.

i agree with you about barun's incredible range and versatilty. the boy is an absolute find. i admire him, and for that he doesn't need to be a saint πŸ˜†. there's something in that man that reaches me, no idea what. now now, no funny thoughts.

in bold 🀣. sadly, you could be so right. oh remember that scene when she's making jalebis and thinks of shyam and asr responding to her in yellow saree with jalebis. hai my asr.
Edited by indi52 - 12 years ago
kushikumari thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

[HIDDEN CONTENT]
The content of this post has been Hidden by User.
-Gan- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the discontent here...as for me the episode worked ...I enjoyed every bit of it..as the entire time I was laughing and didn't have to hit FF button during Shyam and Anjali scenes..yes the track has holes in storyline...but after what we had last week it was a welcome respite...IPK has always intermingled comedy with intense track...I always enjoy that.

Sunshine80 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: kushikumari

Indi,

was just going through a few posts and found that everyone enjoyed the episode to the hilt. I frankly couldn't. I know, i know, the expressions are undeniably cute and truly adorable.
But, i have a problem with Kushi taking charge of this situation...in fact, right from the moment she apologized... I would have liked to see realization dawn on her about the magnitude of her error in bringing shyam back. This is a murderer for screaming out loud! And, Arnav actually spells it out to her, so that simple sorry was quite lame to me. Especially since she went straight to fixing it in her own way. Let's admit it, ASR is far more logical and smarter. He is extremely shrewd, thinks on a broader scale and plans ahead... i would have liked the ruthless asr to handle this in his own way, the way it should be - quick, shrewd, using his money and power to trap shyam from all sides. Instead, we get a weak arnav who seems to rely on kushi a lot... giving in to her pouts, and her crazy plans... Am i being too harsh? i don't know... he came across as a puppy to me... either following kushi or going along with everything she said...

Not enjoying the humor because the situation doesn't demand it. I mean, ASR is portraying all the right emotions, and Kushi is playing detective and enjoying herself? This is not about a man with a roving eye being caught/ taught a lesson, its about a murderer, with no consideration for anyone. During the kidnapping track, hadn't Kushi told mami to calm down for a similar display of emotions? So, why does she seem more excited than worried or scared?

Bang on Khushi(Not sure abt ur actual name so going with ur display name) and Raanisaahiba.

I know people enjoyed it to the bits..but I was not able to connect. For me Khushi has to realize the amount of destruction her actions had brought ...not once but thrice. He tried to murder Anjali when she hid the truth of Shyam's asliyath. That's ok...at that time she did what she thght is right. No complaints and she really doesn't know true colors of him and he can stoop to such levels. Again on shaadi day she stopped herself telling truth to ASR..result - she and ASR both wnet thru so much agony and hate marriage. After marriage...she knows how he tried touch her every opportunity he got and said he wiill leave anjali for her. But alas again she bought back Shyam...like that..not even consulting ASR for once and waiting for him because she thinks Anji is going to die. Again good intentions no issues...but her action resulted in miscarriage. And saying jst sorry...I am sorry but I am not able to buy in at all. This is such a serious matter.

Agreed if ASR had dealt Shyam his own way. khushi character has gr8 potential but jst claded her in sp bahu role..making silly dimwit plans and which works. OK if it works also I don't mind but where is the seriousness and realization from her side. I don't want my ASR to be puppy...but yes seems like we are going to get only that.🀒 But BS was fabulous in showing various expressions and ubberly cute..I jst loved him.

I agree all will have their own POV. I enjoyed the episode too on a lighter note but not as I expected
Edited by Sunshine80 - 12 years ago
dennisdmenace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Good morning Gandhari, beena, indranidi, dazee,kk...
Butting in...
I loved d Epi, one of those lighter moments...of course my ASR is best when he held Shyam' neck not d one playing fiddle to wifey. Suddenly it looks like khushi is in charge...
My issue is with d Shyam track...is he such a simple villain just a psycho with no past vengeance ? If he is dangerous and khushi is chalking out d plan to trap him then SP acchhi bahu ki jai ho.
I want to see ASR in action...pronto.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: kushikumari

Indi,

was just going through a few posts and found that everyone enjoyed the episode to the hilt. I frankly couldn't. I know, i know, the expressions are undeniably cute and truly adorable.
But, i have a problem with Kushi taking charge of this situation...in fact, right from the moment she apologized... I would have liked to see realization dawn on her about the magnitude of her error in bringing shyam back. This is a murderer for screaming out loud! And, Arnav actually spells it out to her, so that simple sorry was quite lame to me. Especially since she went straight to fixing it in her own way. Let's admit it, ASR is far more logical and smarter. He is extremely shrewd, thinks on a broader scale and plans ahead... i would have liked the ruthless asr to handle this in his own way, the way it should be - quick, shrewd, using his money and power to trap shyam from all sides. Instead, we get a weak arnav who seems to rely on kushi a lot... giving in to her pouts, and her crazy plans... Am i being too harsh? i don't know... he came across as a puppy to me... either following kushi or going along with everything she said...

Not enjoying the humor because the situation doesn't demand it. I mean, ASR is portraying all the right emotions, and Kushi is playing detective and enjoying herself? This is not about a man with a roving eye being caught/ taught a lesson, its about a murderer, with no consideration for anyone. During the kidnapping track, hadn't Kushi told mami to calm down for a similar display of emotions? So, why does she seem more excited than worried or scared?

hi kk (may i call you that?)
agree, though i personally have no issue with khushi coming up with ideas to trap shyam nor with her trying to keep asr from acting on impulse. given the extent of the horror of what he has just discovered, a knee jerk reaction is reasonable as is khushi's helping him get hold of himself. so that the shrewd clever asr can go out atnd get shyam.

apart from that, everything is a bit off for me too. the day she brought shyam back i was horrified, this is a man who tried to kill asr, the love of her life, no thought of that, just how to do "good," well whatever. if she felt shyam was required to help di recover, it still called for an discussion with asr. but she acted unilaterally. and the character that has actually been as honest as telly will allow, apologised for his anger, thanked her for thinking of his sister but told her, not all knowingly but as a human being who can't ignore his instincts even when they don't match those of the love of his life, that he didn't trust shyam. nuanced.

when khushi apologised, he didn't do an i told you so. again gels with the character, he knows why she did it, he is committed to going the extra mile, and not be petty. but i agree with you, her apology should have been much much deeper, heartfelt.. she should have understood the wrong she did by not bothering to consult him, never even telling him that she'd seen shyam at rm. this whole attitude which is being portrayed as loving and caring is not right, is it? even now, she could have shared with him. instead on to plans, programmes, asr in need of help all the time.

the depth of asr's feelings for di is well established. is this how a brother whose world was his sister till khushi came along deal with shyam's transgrssions? well it seems everybody loves it. so i will just go along, hoping this will raise trp, bring ipk to a stable place and then maybe again we can see some damn good writing.

lots of pretty neat writing last week. will try to think of that πŸ˜†.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: GanBarunFan

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the discontent here...as for me the episode worked ...I enjoyed every bit of it..as the entire time I was laughing and didn't have to hit FF button during Shyam and Anjali scenes..yes the track has holes in storyline...but after what we had last week it was a welcome respite...IPK has always intermingled comedy with intense track...I always enjoy that.

gandhari, good morning/evening,

abs respect that. and i won't take it all the way to discontent, i'd leave it at disconnect. and then just enjoy whatever i can, which is always the you know who bits πŸ˜†. also, knowing the writers, asr's feelings and disturbance at his di in such an awful spot i bet will get addressed. it always does.
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mouramen

Butting in...
I loved d Epi, one of those lighter moments...of course my ASR is best when he held Shyam' neck not d one playing fiddle to wifey. Suddenly it looks like khushi is in charge...
My issue is with d Shyam track...is he such a simple villain just a psycho with no past vengeance ? If he is dangerous and khushi is chalking out d plan to trap him then SP acchhi bahu ki jai ho.

hi mou,

yeah the whole shyam thing is confounding. are they now hellbent on getting rid of him quickly, so that a new man can be brought into anjali's life and her character shown to flip over again and be sweet and loving with no tadka of underhand complex behaviour. no idea. but awful as i am, i quite liked anjali having the other side. made her believable, nuanced.

khushi in charge. some day we should do a thesis on why in such a male dominated society such as ours, all female leads are shown to be all powerful and incredibly "good" constantly solving every problem of the family, while male leads are nicely pruned, forever dependent on the wives. asr was one of the few who wasn't like that, so was krishna (pratigya, a rather weird story in a bizarre milieu, but the male lead had something interesting about him). now krishna doesn't move without a stern lecture from his ever understanding and all powerful wife pratigya. i hope asr remains strong, overbearing, boorish at times, utterly sweet at others, smart, shrewd, drop dead gorgeous no matter what.

beena14 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mouramen

Butting in...

Anu kyunsi action chahiya spell it out please , with you we never know.πŸ˜†