Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 12 days ago

Sign me up for all the games.. smiley14

Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2

Awemazing Nisha ji please share any pictures, we want to visit Mysuru during Navratris and be part of the Dassara celebrations šŸŽ‡šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ

Originally posted by: sunshining

thanks for the tag Bhavi. A little tied up with work so doubt I'd be able to take part in the fun activities, but love to share memories of one of my most favourite festival.

Being a mysorean, known as the southern city of palaces, whose dasara celebrations are world famous, when the city comes alive with literally every member of the community taking part in the celebrations.

Streets sparkling with lights, different exhibitions, musical concerts and cultural activities to suit every age and taste. Celebrations every where you look. To top all this, the magnificent mysore palace opened to public to get a peak of the throne and lit up at night with over 100k light bulbs. All this culminating in the grand procession on vijaya dashami when we would push through the crowds just to get a glimpse of the ambari aane(palace elephant) carrying the goddess chamundeshwari idol and the innovative tableaux showcasing the city's rich culture.

Another exciting aspect was planning how to arrange the gombe(gollu) better than the previous year. We'd also look forward to visiting friends place to see their gombe arrangements and be fed with different snacks every day. Ahh So many beautiful memoriessmiley42. Its been a while since I last went back home during dasara. Hoping I can do that in the near future.

sunshining thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rsrockz

Awemazing Nisha ji please share any pictures, we want to visit Mysuru during Navratris and be part of the Dassara celebrations šŸŽ‡šŸŽ†šŸŽ‰šŸŽŠ

will share when I get sometime Raji. You should definitely visit mysore during dassara. No doubt it will be an unforgiveable experience. More than happy to help you plan it.

Nichuss thumbnail

i will be audience this time..... very much busy with work these days -_-

Neerasi29 thumbnail

thanks for the tag Bhavi. A little tied up with work so doubt I'd be able to take part in the fun activities, but love to share memories of one of my most favourite festival.

Mysore my home town, known as the southern city of palaces, whose dasara celebrations are world famous, when the city comes alive with literally every member of the community taking part in the celebrations.

Streets sparkling with lights, different exhibitions, musical concerts and cultural activities to suit every age and taste. Celebrations every where you look. To top all this, the magnificent mysore palace opened to public to get a peak of the throne and lit up at night with over 100k light bulbs. All this culminating in the grand procession on vijaya dashami when we would push through the crowds just to get a glimpse of the ambari aane(palace elephant) carrying the goddess chamundeshwari idol and the innovative tableaux showcasing the city's rich culture.

Another exciting aspect was planning how to arrange the gombe(gollu) better than the previous year. We'd also look forward to visiting friends place to see their gombe arrangements and be fed with different snacks every day. Ahh So many beautiful memoriessmiley42. Its been a while since I last went back home during dasara. Hoping I can do that in the near future.

Sounds super lovely šŸ˜ I wish you get to experience this..mujhe pad ke itna achha lag gaya

Rsrockz thumbnail
IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail ICC CWC 2023 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 2

Thank you so much smiley31will definitely want to travel to Mysuru once and Kolkata another year. We celebrate bathukamma for Dussera which is very colorful too and thanks to huge Gujarati community in Hyderabad and here in UK we also do garba.

will share when I get sometime Raji. You should definitely visit mysore during dassara. No doubt it will be an unforgiveable experience. More than happy to help you plan it.

--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

Sign me up smiley40

Excited for this smiley42

Sign me up sounds fun!ā¤ļø

Edited by --Priyaa-- - 12 days ago
--Priyaa-- thumbnail
Atrangi re Season 2 Participant 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 7 0 Thumbnail + 5

Mysore my home town, known as the southern city of palaces, whose dasara celebrations are world famous, when the city comes alive with literally every member of the community taking part in the celebrations.

I loved your vivid description of the beautiful celebrations at Mysore..Almost felt like I visited the place! I have visited it twice when I was really young..I loved the gorgeous Mysore Palace and I'm sure the Navratri celebrations there will be breathtakingly beautiful šŸ¤©..I really hope I can visit the place someday around this time..The Gollus are lovely and adorable too! Thanks a lot Nisha smiley31smiley27

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Bhavisweet03

Sign me up smiley40

Excited for this smiley42

Me Too

Thanks For The Tag

SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Happy Navarati Everyone