Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 3 years ago

Congratulations Neeraj Chopra and India. 🥳

Hope he gets grand welcome when he arrives back to india.

I've noticed no matter how many medals the Indian sportsmen and sportswomen bring back to india be in Olympics or Commonwealth Games, they don't get grand welcome or any monetary or cars or sponsorship. Why? where as cricket gets grand welcome, biggies give grand cars and so on. all should be treated equally.

Uma2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ms.S.K.

I've noticed no matter how many medals the Indian sportsmen and sportswomen bring back to india be in Olympics or Commonwealth Games, they don't get grand welcome or any monetary or cars or sponsorship. Why? where as cricket gets grand welcome, biggies give grand cars and so on. all should be treated equally.

They do get monetary benefits, others perks and job promotions. This year, many (or perhaps all) Olympic sportspersons had been trained abroad towards the buildup to the event as well unlike many previous years. A larger central budget allotment and its right utilization has borne some benefits already and if it continues, it will be great.

Also, imho, it is futile to compare cricket benefits to other sports. Extremely large rewards are direct derivatives of business outcomes. If other sports are as popular and bring in viewership revenue etc, that gets channeled back into its management, development and perks. It took 50+ years for cricket management to reach this level of excellence and strength.

Also, most countries have a national team sport which is usually more popular than individual ones (and other team sports as well for that matter) because of the collective energy and hysteria that team sporting generates. That is the nature of team sport.

Edited by Uma2010 - 3 years ago
Softness thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/tokyo-olympics/story/neeraj-chopra-to-get-rs-6-crore-from-haryana-government-xuv-700-from-anand-mahindra-1838156-2021-08-07

Word Count: 1

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

really happy for him.

What I said before was few years ago there was no-one at airport (no politician - sports minister, reporters no crowd etc) to receive them when these athletics had brought back quite a few medals. The disappointment on their faces really made me so sad.

Piyaazzz thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Keeping aside our differences I really appreciate ur effort to make this thread , I am genuinely very happy n congratulations to our golden boy 🥳

The feeling of hearing our national anthem there was enough for me to have tears m goosebumps ! Imagine the happiness n proud of the athletes n people associated with them ✨

At last thank you for this thread!

Uma2010 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

And then this came to my attention:

https://www.opindia.com/2021/08/pinarayi-vijayan-handloom-department-pr-sreejesh-dhoti-shirt/

There are state govts in India that assume a dhoti and shirt is the best reward for India’s Olympic hockey goalkeeper 🙄 The centre and BCCI will be rewarding the team monetarily separately, but imagine the gumption of the Kerala govt that rewards a resident thus. Pathetic.