Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

why is Soumya never seen or even the others ?

Soumya and Sony parted ways and Soumya publicly criticized Sony. There are many reasons attributed to Soumya's eviction. I don't know the truth but all relate to incorrect declaration at the time of application. Incidentally, Soumya was charged of misconduct later (after eviction) by a lady and faced problems though nothing was proved. It is in public domain.

A lot of ex-contestants are either not available (Sakman/Ankush) or may have not been offered contracts by Sony at the end of the show. Nitin could have been called I felt. Neelanjana is in the good books of everyone connected with Indian Idol, not just (Baba) Neeraj Kalkar.

Edited by Realityshow - 3 years ago
Phir_Mohabbat thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: GiridharM

Though I hold grouse against Sony for sidelining SMP, but feel it is unfair to attribute bias against regional contestants by Sony

There have been significant winners from NE(Saurabhee), Andhra Pradesh(Sreeram, Revanth), Karnataka(Anjana) and Odisha(Ananya) in the past.

Isn't also true that a Maharashtrian girl Sayli is being given maximum exposure amongst all in this season?

apna fav na jeete to biased channel ye woh πŸ˜‚

Not even few weeks ago nihal got maximum ss. In father's day he got best songs and was first to perform (in many epis actually) and aru sang something like mera saman. Smp always got ss. And in no universe nihal was ever going to be a winner, harsh but true. Actual competition was never him or sayli , to some extent not even danish even though he was going to be here till the end. Earlier I used to think not even smp will go to final but now I think she's going to be up there top 4/5.

anoushka_113 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sumaishu

Nihal sings so nicely. He outshines everyone. That's why they never tell too good things about him. They want their pawnu to get all the limelight. Inspite of that nihal shines. They can't digest the fact. That is the reason they give some old songs. Yesterday he sang kk old song where as others got new one. How disgusting

Even sayli was given an old song, for that matter.. I wondered on these two song selections, when you have so much to choose from Dharma πŸ€”πŸ€”

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

They should invite Shri Vijay Prakash for his views at least on zoom if not directly, Nihal is the only contestant unknown to any of the judges the others are well known to the present as well as the guest judges. One word from his show judge would change everyone's perception and he would be the front runner. He is completely new to the scene, has no parent to show outward support on the show as well.

I would never have known that he can sing in several languages and is successful at it as well had it not been for your AT thread.

He really needs a genuine representative from his state to say a few good words !

awesome idea & Vijay Prakash would be the best at that πŸ‘

Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Realityshow

A lot of past winners had no exposure to Hindi shows prior to Idol. I think only Salman, Vipul and Sandeep had some India exposure. But I could be wrong.

salman Ali & Nitin both took part in SRGMP LIL CHAMPS yrs back, Javel Ali was judge. Vipul took part in SRGMP & VOI I think b4 also. Most of these singers are recycled who has taken part in other shows/channel or regional competition. Vibhor was part of VOI. I read Neelanjan had taken part in regional show & SRGMP B4 taking part in II10. ANKUSH I think had not been part of any show prior.

Edited by Dabulls23 - 3 years ago
Realityshow thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: anoushka_113

Even sayli was given an old song, for that matter.. I wondered on these two song selections, when you have so much to choose from Dharma πŸ€”πŸ€”

Sometimes there are issues with rights, orchestration requirements, amount of rehearsals needed, number of songs the contestant has to sing etc.

A lot of repeat songs this year are partly a function of the above. I can't remember a season when contestants had to sing so many songs for 2 days. If memory serves me right, Aru and Sayli sang close to 7-8 songs (duets were not broadcast) last weekend with just 3-4 day available for memorizing and perfecting. A repeat minimizes the stress a little for everyone.

Edited by Realityshow - 3 years ago
GiridharM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Haal-e-Dil

apna fav na jeete to biased channel ye woh πŸ˜‚

Not even few weeks ago nihal got maximum ss. In father's day he got best songs and was first to perform (in many epis actually) and aru sang something like mera saman. Smp always got ss. And in no universe nihal was ever going to be a winner, harsh but true. Actual competition was never him or sayli , to some extent not even danish even though he was going to be here till the end. Earlier I used to think not even smp will go to final but now I think she's going to be up there top 4/5.

ss? Sorry could not get it, is it by any chance screen space?

cosmos2024 thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GiridharM

Though I hold grouse against Sony for sidelining SMP, but feel it is unfair to attribute bias against regional contestants by Sony

There have been significant winners from NE(Saurabhee), Andhra Pradesh(Sreeram, Revanth), Karnataka(Anjana) and Odisha(Ananya) in the past.

Isn't also true that a Maharashtrian girl Sayli is being given maximum exposure amongst all in this season?

Maybe the previous seasons did not have to compete against finalists, winners and back door entries, that is all I can conclude, they were all fresh faces selected through a natural process. Things have changed after 10

Ms.SK thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I missed Sayli’s performance. Assuming as she went home, there was no phirangi drama?? Unless she made a surprise entry at kamble’s house???!! πŸ˜†

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sumaishu

Nihal sings so nicely. He outshines everyone. That's why they never tell too good things about him. They want their pawnu to get all the limelight. Inspite of that nihal shines. They can't digest the fact. That is the reason they give some old songs. Yesterday he sang kk old song where as others got new one. How disgusting

That KK old song is more memorable, entertaining and still as popular as it was during its release..it's one of the best and most memorable Kishore kumar songs.

Has greater recall value than any other song sung in the episode

And yesterday Pawan sang far better than anyone else...he so deserves his limelight