Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GiridharM thumbnail
Anniversary 3 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 3 years ago

Originally posted by: suresh555

HR, being a music director sounded so stupid comparing arunita and sayli and hinting the greatness of smp

Someone please tell him that no one can beat arunita in lata numbers and no one can beat sayli in asha numbers. That's how different they are

There is nothing that great about smp and danish's singing. One does oodling galore in most numbers and the other is a rubber band, streching every song with useless alaaps.

Ha ha ha.... I loved your interpretation as "Greatness of SMP"

For all I know, it might not have been intended by HR, but is actually TRUE

In other words, SMP is beyond comparison of Arunita and Sayli. She is not a routine repeater of songs.

\As Javed Akhthar mentioned in one of the episodes, "It is very easy to replicate an existing song, in exact tone, as you have a reference point. But is more difficult to create a variety out of the existing compositions, that too which are not offkey"

As for yodelling, can't even imagine, both the other girls even being to reach anywhere near SMPs level.

Edited by GiridharM - 3 years ago
SamirM thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK2014

It's completely wrong on HR to compare girls alone and I agree his basis is wrong. I feel bad for Sayali too for this more than Arunitha because this comparison won't effect Arunitha in any way but it will backfire for Sayali.

SMP bit I agree with him but not the context he used to convey. She is unique and very different style compared to others. That's why in 70 episodes no body compared her with any existing or old singers. What ever is the song she always tried to put her stamp which proves her creativity and talent whether some people like or not.

100% agreed. When SMP is on stage, she is The Boss! She is the powerhouse of energy, Monument of Confidence!

I am a fan of Arunita and at the same time I respect the personality of SMP and admire her talent as a singer. She is a rare talent. SMP has the magical power to influence the audience to taste different style of music. She is one of my favourite singers in II along with Sayali and Nihal after Arunita.

Let's hope all the contestants will become significantly successful in his/her preferred singing zone. 😊

SamirM thumbnail
Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: GiridharM

In other words, SMP is beyond comparison of Arunita and Sayli. She is not a routine repeater of songs.

\As Javed Akhthar mentioned in one of the episodes, "It is very easy to replicate an existing song, in exact tone, as you have a reference point. But is more difficult to create a variety out of the existing compositions, that too which are not offkey"

As for yodelling, can't even imagine, both the other girls even being to reach anywhere near SMPs level.

We are comparing among the girls unnecessarily! 😔
SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SamirM

Let's hope all the contestants will become significantly successful in his/her preferred singing zone. 😊

Hope so. Reality show outcomes won't define any singers future. It's a proven fact. They still need to work hard and have a bit of luck to add on. I just wish these contestants don't loose focus or let their popularity get into their heads which will cost them big. Otherwise no one can stop them from being successful.

GiridharM thumbnail

Originally posted by: SamirM

We are comparing among the girls unnecessarily! 😔

True!

I have strong conviction that girls, this season are way more accomplished than the boys. The dedication shown by them in each rendition is closer to perfection than the boys.

But then it is unfair to single out one girl, viz. other girls

Dimple84 thumbnail

Hope so. Reality show outcomes won't define any singers future. It's a proven fact. They still need to work hard and have a bit of luck to add on. I just wish these contestants don't loose focus or let their popularity get into their heads which will cost them big. Otherwise no one can stop them from being successful.

Well said !

Kyahikahoon thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GiridharM

The words in bold r true..but there is n other side to it too..

Even the ones judging will have a reference point and will compare with original..while it's easy to go wow for variations..coz it's something new..ur own

GiridharM thumbnail

Originally posted by: niyati13

The words in bold r true..but there is n other side to it too..

Even the ones judging will have a reference point and will compare with original..while it's easy to go wow for variations..coz it's something new..ur own

Fair enough. but there is a big risk of sounding hoarse/offkey while doing a variation. It requires quite some input when you modify a tune and there is a huge chance that you will sound hoarse.

PS: That's the reason, I admire the girls of this season, perfect rendition to the tee, by them mostly. This depicts their thorough professionalism and attention to detail

cosmos2024 thumbnail

I don't want to berate Sayali like you did for SMP but definitely want to put a point if she is like Ashaji why no guest or judge offered her any song till now? Even after so much promotion judges have to beg audience to vote for Sayali? She is talented but not on par with either Arunitha or SMP. If you have doubt see Ashaji episode and her feedback to each one of them.

Guest judges are paid to say the things they do. It's not her fault that she had sung the same songs rendered by others early in the competition and did not get the required feedback.

She is talented otherwise the channel would not be promoting her. She comes from a region where not many are interested in watching and least of all voting. There is no community feeling amongst the viewers like UKD and West B or any other town other than a metro city.

Sayli seems to be the new whipping horse!

SK2014 thumbnail
Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cosmos2021

Guest judges are paid to say the things they do. It's not her fault that she had sung the same songs rendered by others early in the competition and did not get the required feedback.

She is talented otherwise the channel would not be promoting her. She comes from a region where not many are interested in watching and least of all voting. There is no community feeling amongst the viewers like UKD and West B or any other town other than a metro city.

Sayli seems to be the new whipping horse!

My personal opinion- by saying all the comments are paid we are downplaying all the contestants talent and efforts which got them those comments. Especially likes of Asha ji, Javed Akthar won't bow down to money. If at all they are still paid why can't Sony pay someone to say same stuff to Sayali. Anyway she is the most promoted contestant along with Pawandeep and Arunitha currently.

Voting thing Iam surprised to know she is from a state where they don't vote as it's one of the major hindi speaking state and home for Bollywood industry. Anyway personally I don't care about voting because it has lot of factors how contestants can get votes, I just go by their talent not by popularity. Sayali is talented no doubt and deserves much more than she is getting now but it doesn't mean other two girls are inferior by any means.