Your Views: ELAS ends 12th sept--Article

43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Every day's a Sunday?

Ek Ladki Anjaani Si to go off air soon. This means Sai and Shakti Anand are left jobless
Back to Section Stories Posted On Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Mail this Article Print this Article Rate this Article

Kavita Shyam

Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand

Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is set to go off air on September 12. As a result, Sai and Shakti Anand who are both working in the show, and have carved an identity through it, will now be jobless. Shakti has been working in the show for the last two years while Sai joined it last year. The duo rejected lots of offers from the television industry in India and abroad, while they were doing the show. So where do they go from here now?

Says Sai, "Mine is a mixed reaction now, about the show ending. The show has been such a part of my life for the last one year and has been getting good TRPs. I will miss it a lot. And yes, I do regret not taking on a couple of shows which were offered to me by producers from Dubai. And a couple of offers from the television industry here as well. They were to begin in September-October this year, so I had no dates. It is late to rethink about those shows now. I am feeling a bit insecure, since I don't know if I'll be shooting tomorrow. This profession is very unpredictable these days."

Adds Sai, "Earlier, it was planned that the show would go off air last December, but it continued for a long time so it feels like an achievement as well. At present, I am looking forward to a holiday. Of course, if I get work quickly, it will be great."

On the other hand, husband Shakti Anand seemed pretty relaxed about his future. He said, "The show is coming to an end and I am happy that it's ending with dignity. We've planned a one-and-a-half-month world tour, which will be a good break for us. I'm sure we will get work later. I am happy with the kind of investment I've made so far, so I can wait for projects to come my way. As an actor, anyway you don't really get to enjoy life."

So, why is Ek Ladki… shutting shop? Says Misha Gautam, producer of the show, "Sony is trying to change all its shows. The TRPs of the shows are low, so the channel is bringing in new shows. It's time to get newer stuff on the channel. We have completed 360 episodes over two years, which is a long run."

The last day of shooting will be held on September 6, when the entire unit of the show plan to party on the set.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/net/mmpaper.aspx?page=article&am p;am p;sectid=12&contentid=200708292007082902330420394cad736
Edited by Gracella - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! 12th sept??? that means only 8 episodes left???
shocking for me.. i know i was wondering when it would end.. but it;s saddening to hear thatt here are only 8 epi's left!!!πŸ˜•
not only sai and shakti.. but also cezanne will be jobless
πŸ˜• 😭
I hope they'll all get some offers......

Thx for the article
amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
o.k...so th show is ending soon....lets wait and watch!!!
OodlesDoodles thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
o finally the show is ending..in away its good but if the new show replacing it needs to way lot better for sony to get back on the charts
Maha21 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I have mixed reaction towards the news... I think it is about time... but at the same time I think i will miss it... 😳
Anastacia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I have mixed feelings. I watched ELAS from the beginning (when it started) and has somewhat become part of my night time TV watching. Now, this is gone.

Chalo then, I think Nikhil is dead then. And maybe Anu marries Dhruv.
bystander thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
no wonder the story seemed to move much faster in today's episode. with dhruv suspecting laila to be hiding things and all...typically they take their own sweet time in showing such things, but here in one episode dhruv who had so much faith in laila starts to suspect her or at least think there is something fishy
tsuvik thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Finally the show is ending. It was about time that it ended
cuddly pups thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maha21

I have mixed reaction towards the news... I think it is about time... but at the same time I think i will miss it... 😳

😊I totally agree with you😭

bystander thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
hope some good serial will take its place...i too have mixed feeling about its ending