Kanchi and Arzoo friends-Article

43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

< name="selZoom" value="100" ="">
Kanchi Kaul and Arzoo Gowatrikar They might have played opposing characters in Ek Ladki Anjani Si, but Kaul and Gowatrikar are big time pals. They met long before Ek Ladki.. happened and despite constant silly fights, they've stuck on together. "I remember celebrating Friendship Day in college when we'd tie different coloured ribbons on each other's wrist. We may not do the same any more, but we have a laugh just thinking of it," smiles Kaul. Ali Merchant and Jay Bhanushali Merchant and Bhanushali have been friends for five years, ever since they met at an audition for Balaji Telefilms. Later, they co-anchored Play TV and ended up as buddies. The two also enjoy going on vacations together. Merchant, the more notorious of the two, keeps playing pranks on Bhanushali. He confesses, "Once, I changed my SIM card and kept messaging Jay, pretending to be a girl. I led him on a wild goose chase and he bought it. The best part is, he still doesn't know that it was me!" Well, he will, now! Ronit Roy and Vivek Mushran Roy and Mushran have been friends for the past 20 years. They met in the 1980s when Roy was working with Mukta Arts, while Mushran was the hero of their film Saudagar. Although neither can remember how exactly they hit it off, they've remained friends. "There was this one time when I really needed money and Vivek lent me some," says Roy, "He's never ever asked for it again." True, they don't get to hang out as often as they would like to, but any time they happen to meet, it's pretty much like Friendship Day. Simple Kaul and Aditi Shirwaikar They've acted together, they shop together and they work out together. Shir- waikar and Kaul met on the sets of Shararat, which was Shirwaikar's first show. "Simple really took care of me and helped me blend in with the rest of the cast. I can never feel sad or quiet when she's around," says Shirwaikar. But the one thing that both girls regret is that they've never managed to take a break together and go off on a vacation. And how do they plan on celebrating Friendship Day? "I hope we can meet up and have a blast like we do always," says Shirwaikar.

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh tfs! wow didn't know the ywere friends 😉
sharna2k6 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Aww Thats so sweet! Thanks! Now that I see this article, actually, they did come together to some concert before. It was the Famr Gurkul concert. Kanchi and Arzoo went together 😛