Karishma Tanna--Bye bye Television

43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
S he began her career with Ektaa Kapoor's Kyunki Saas Bhi Kab- hi Bahu Thi, in which she played the lovable Indu and then went on to portray a grey character in Kkoi Dil Mein Hai. But after three years of romancing the television audience, Karishma Tanna is ready to move on - to films. "Now, I want to concentrate on movies, which was my ultimate goal anyway. These days, the only televi- sion I'm doing is a reality show called Comedy Circus," she says, adding that she's completed shooting on seven of the show's 13 episodes. Enough of TV "Right now, I'm meeting a lot of peo- ple from the film industry. Hopefully, in two months I'll be ready to not only make an announcement but also start shooting for my maiden ven- ture," she chirps. Why the complete break from tele- vision, where she was doing quite well? "I needed to grow. I'd done TV for three years and I felt I was stag- nating. I'm not saying television puts me off - hey, that's where I found fame and fortune - but it's just that I felt I had to move on." Speaking of her new plans, she insists there are some things she will do differently. "I don't want to do love scenes. I believe you don't have to do that kind of work to survive. "Then again, it also has to do with luck. If you find enough good, clean movies to work in, there's no stopping you," she says. Impressing the filmwallahs Tanna is certain she will impress the jaded film industry with her acting, and is concentrating more on getting herself in shape. "I don't go to the gym but I am a regular yoga person. I take care of my skin and my body," she says. The actress admits that she hasn't been in touch with Ektaa Kapoor at all. "It's been two years since I spoke to Ektaa. I still get invited to her birth- day, or whenever they have a party. If I'm free, I go, if I'm too busy, I don't. But it's really sweet of her to invite me all the time," she

www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

april19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great episode!! im gona miss seeing her on my tv.. 😭 cuz shes an awesome actresss... omg. bye karishma tv, hello karishma bolywood.. i guess this is her ticket to hollywood lolz!!
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
oh wish her all the best then with her film career πŸ˜‰
Thanks for the article!

Love,
Gracella
TrustYourSelf thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
double post sorryπŸ˜•
Edited by Gracella - 17 years ago
cheri thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Well lets see her in moviez πŸ˜›
smilingstar3 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I wish her best of luck! I'm sure she'll do great! And I'm really glad to see that she prefers working for clean, appropriate movies! That is so great!!!
annhca.arri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
she looks lovely on comedy circus. is doing a gud job .
-Nadii- thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
I look forward to watch some movies by her.. πŸ˜ƒ
sharna2k6 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I'll look forward to see her in some movies