Interview of Shakti ANAND

43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
What's your take on the dis- agreement between Sai Deodhar and the director of Ek Ladki Anjani Sii? I'm not taking Sai's side just because she's my wife, but I don't think it was right of the director to walk off the sets. Everyone is stressed out but that shouldn't affect work. Is the show is being stretched? Initially, when the channel was planning to bump it off, I did feel that a lot more could be done. The show has sur- vived for two years. As for its TRPs, every show has its ups and downs so I'm not the only one complaining. Any other shows? I was offered Saara Aakash again but they wanted me to portray a father's role. I pre- ferred to opt out, despite my emotional bond with the show.. it's where I met Sai. Have there been any offers from Balaji Telefilms? I'm not looking at Balaji shows. I've worked with them for two years..I can't deal with the pressure anymore. There is no creative space at all. As an actor, I like dis- cussing my track with the director. But in Balaji, the script is given and that's it. No discussions are allowed. I'm not interested in being a puppet. How about reality shows? Reality shows like Indian Idol and Biggest Loser Jeetega are interesting. But there isn't much scope for an actor on such shows. I believe that the actors who accept reality shows do so usually for the money . What else have you been up to, apart from work? Well, I'm desperately looking for a farmhouse on the out- skirts of Mumbai where I can relax after working for long hours. I'd love to spend the entire day fishing and boating.
www.bodhtree.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nida86 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
is sai parting from the shw?
sanober. thumbnail