Article:Sai is upset-- Mooh mein gaali,

43685 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Mooh mein gaali, bagal mein girlie: Sai's...
By: Vickey Lalwani
May 24, 2007

Deodhar is upset by Ek Ladki director Arvind Gupta's comments

Blame Game: Sai Deodhar
Sai Deodhar is hopping mad over Sony show, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si director Arvind Gupta's accusations in the press.

He has said that she takes a long time to get ready and that he has had to leave the set because of that.

She says this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black.

The director of Ek Ladki... is miffed with you?

I am shocked and upset that Gupta approached the press against me for no rhyme or reason. Yes, he did storm out of the sets, but the true story is something else.

Give us the true picture.

He is passing the buck on me for his incompetence. He can never complete the shoot in time. He overshoots because he is unsure of what he is doing. This in turn drives the entire unit crazy.

Also, he abuses a lot. Woh maa-bahen ki gaaliyan deta hai and that's extremely embarrassing. And may I tell you that he never finishes his work on time because he locks himself in with his female assistant and we have to wait till he returns.

How many female assistants does he have?

One. He has five other assistants who are men.

But he has accused you of taking a really long time to get ready.

That's a lie. We were shooting at SJ Studio, Sakinaka. His assistant came to call me for the shot. As I was leaving for the shot, I realised my wig was not in place.

I informed him that I would need just two or three minutes to adjust it. When I came out, I learnt that Gupta had left the set.

What happened after that?

I was zapped. The remaining portion had to be shot on Tuesday. That increased the cost for the production house (Shreya Creations).

Why didn't you give the true picture to the press?

I wanted to save Gupta from enbarassment. This is his first serial as a director and is important for his career. Earlier, Ravi Rai was the director and Gupta was his assistant.

Are you shooting with Gupta now?

Today, I am shooting on the second set, which is being handled by Ravi Namade. But I will shoot with Gupta. I learnt from Shreya Creations that he wants to apologise. In fact, he has been calling me but I haven't taken his calls.

Are you planning to quit the show?

I will not leave Shreya Creations. I am not an unprofessional actor. But I would like to say that I am very upset with this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

april19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
go sai! girl power and all that stuff! lol
serial_bowl791 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG!! i wonder who sai was referring to when she said she wasnt going to leave the sets like an unprofessional actor.. but she probably exaggerated when she said 'two or three min.' it probably took her longer
xGunjanx thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Thx 4 da article! OMG I hope she wuzn't dissing Kanchi! 😡
annhca.arri thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article. gud to know what goes on behind the scenes. 😉
*Dakoo_Minzy* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
👏 👏 go sai gr8 👏 👏 👏
she is like me 😉 😉 😉 woow 😃

n thnx 4 sharing tis article
serial_bowl791 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: xxmis_ananyaxx

Thx 4 da article! OMG I hope she wuzn't dissing Kanchi! 😡

lol chill out of course not she was dissing the director for walking out of the sets
brainychild92 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i think she was just talking in general.. cuz as u ccan see, in america, all these shows, they never have to change the face... in india they do it all the time, even more than once! don't woryy