Idol fever strikes! - ELAS - Article

Adil112 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Idol fever strikes!

MUMBAI: India Idol has taken the nation by storm. With an overwhelming response and great opening ratings of 3.7 on Friday & Saturday in the first week and 3.2 on Friday and 4 on Saturday, in the second week, the show reached over 54 million people all over India in just two weeks.

Indian Idol which currently plays out on every Friday & Saturday from 9.00 to 10.00 p.m will soon give the viewers the treat of a lifetime. Come June 1 and the stage is set for the next stage – The Piano Round. After accomplishing the mammoth task of selecting 123 contestants from over 25,000 contestants across India and overseas, the judges have carefully handpicked 28 talented aspirants (14 girls and 14 boys) whose dreams now lay in the hands of the viewers.

The channel has decided to engage the viewers with the Piano Round episodes every day for one full week. During the one-week, as the Idol fever catches on, the daily soaps(Ek Ladki Anjaani Sii & Virrudh) on Sony Entertainment Television, will take a week's hiatus as your favorite stars from these daily soaps join the nation's frenzy in picking the FINAL 10 contestants. The Piano Rounds will take audiences through an emotional journey with performances and results everyday!

Play out for the Piano Round of ' Indian Idol'

Date
Day
Episode Details
June 1
Friday
Piano 1: 14 girls perform
June 2
Saturday
Piano 2: 14 Boys perform + Girls Results (14 to 12 girls)
June 4
Monday
Piano 3 : 12 Girls perform + Boys Results (14 to 12 boys)
June 5
Tuesday
Piano 4 : 12 Boys perform + Girls Result (12 to 9 girls)
June 6
Wednesday
Piano 5 : 9 Girls perform + Boys result (12 to 9 boys)
June 7
Thursday
Piano 6 : 9 Boys perform + Girls result (9 to 6 girls)
June 8
Friday
Piano 7 : Mixed group of 12 contestants perform + Boys results (9 to 6 boys)
June 9
saturday
Piano 8 : Result (Mixed) to 10 Gala Finalists

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mizz_1818 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG! SO IN SIMPLER WORDS NO ELAS FOR A WEEK BUT HEY WE ARE ALWAYZ WAITIN FOR THE ELAS FREE WEEKEND πŸ‘ BUT THEREZ SOOOO MUCH SUSPENSE 😭
priyav thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
this is the happiest news i have read i ELAS in recent times...NO ELAS Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ‘

Sorry if it offends anybody, i used to be a big fan of elas before it went down the drain..
IBserenity thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
aww that stinks...i dont wanna wait for another week to fins out wht happens in elas!! Thanks for posting.

Plz try to participate in the FOTW contest:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=617997&TPN=1 &#10578229
kothra thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Lol..Thts really cool..
Lol..I will have a leave for a week nw πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
eternal thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: priyav

this is the happiest news i have read i ELAS in recent times...NO ELAS Yipeeee!!!!!!!!!!! πŸ‘ im with you on this one😳

Sorry if it offends anybody, i used to be a big fan of elas before it went down the drain..

i agree its not the same and plus a break from it for a weekπŸ˜†
bhatiakuljit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
thanks but I wonder why did u post twice.....