Article:Vivan and Karishma rhaving a chat

pyaar_siya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

SHARING SPOTLIGHT Vivan Bhatena and Karishma Tanna share a fine rapport. Vivan:Ok, for starters, tell me about your character in The Perfect Wedding. Karishma: (As she eats her lunch) I play this half Gujarati-half Catholic girl, who always dreamt of having a perfect church wedding, but the various twist and turn leads to it becoming a laugh riot. Vivan: Besides the play, what else is keeping you busy? Karishma: Virasaat and another show called Ek Ladki Anjaani Si. What are you up to? Vivan: I'm also doing a film called Chak De India with Yash Raj films. Karishma: What's your role in that? Vivan: It's a tiny role but, nevertheless, an important one. It's a negative character; I play the vice-captain of the Indian cricket team. Karishma: You have done theatre before. So how was it to work in this comedy play? Vivan: I have done two or three comedy plays before, but this one is by far the most commercial comedy. It's like an out and out David Dhawan movie. And I had a good cast to work with. Karishma: You mean like me? Vivan: Besides you. (Then points to her plate) This is Karishma's food habit, everything on the menu. (Laughs) What is it about a person that you like and dislike? Karishma: I hate liars. I love people who are loving and caring towards others. Vivan: Hmmm... Which means you will never get into a relationship. Karishma: But why? Vivan: Because as they say, all men are liars. Karishma: Don't worry; my guy will never be a liar. Ok, now you tell me about your likes and dislikes? Vivan: Oh! I like everything and I dislike almost everything. Basically, I am a person who cribs a lot. I think I've harassed Vandana so much. Karishma: I first met you on the sets of Kyunki... . We said a 'hi' to each other, but that's it. Vivan: We kept bumping into each other after that. Once you told me about your serials and this play you were supposed to act in. The very next day I got a call from Vandana asking me whether I'd be interested in doing this play. Karishma: Yaa, it's different ball game acting in front of a live audience. When people clap at your performance, it gives a different high all together. Vivan: There's no place like theatre for an actor, as you get immediate feedback. If you give the wrong expression, no one's going to laugh. Karishma: (Agrees) I think it's with theatre that we get into that actor bracket. (After a pause) On a personal note, frankly tell me, how many girlfriends do you have? Vivan: Only one. Karishma: That's a lie. Vivan: On the record only one. (Both burst into laughter). Ok now, when this is published, you will have to read another headline saying that man murdered by his girlfriend. So how many relationships have you had? Oh sorry, you had none? Karishma: No, I have had two relationships. Vivan: Ok, tell me about your relationship with... should I say? (Asking Karishma) Karishma: Are you mad? Vivan: (With a sigh) What to do, everything is censored. Ok, what about the rumours that something going on between you and a Kavyanjali actor? Karishma: I am not seeing anyone. Like in the play, what if your girl catches you with someone else? Vivan: Arre, I don't do any such thing to get caught. Karishma: Is it Vivan talking? Vivan: Yes it is. I'm now an almost married, respectable man. I am loyal. Karishma: What about your family? Vivan: My dad died a couple of years ago. I live with my mom. She is supportive of my work. What is that you would like to change about you as an actor? Karishma: Nothing much, only if I could learn some Urdu. How do you rate yourself as an actor?

Vivan: Two notches above Shah Rukh Khan and two notches below Nazir Kazi (co-star in the play). Oh, I am supposed to shoot two scenes with SRK this month. If he reads this, I will be kicked out!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

april19 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
great article! i luv reading these stuff.. funny! in another article with karishma, she sounded snobby and same in here.. ex: would u like to change anything about urself as an actore.. no not really! WATS WITH THAT!
smuk thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
already posted, but thanks anw.. 😛
kothra thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Luvly interview..

I hope to c her bac again