divya_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
heya thanks for clearing the confusion
i too was confused in this case
Mamta_ thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
tx bluepink..........yeh u jogged my memory & i recall nikhil & the doc (nimesh) chatting about this.........

Mamta
rm_apple thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sree_20

Thanks Bluepink, you said it!!! Yes, not all moms can be like this. I think such cases are very rarely seen, where a lady will think about her health and figure, for this, deciding not to have a child!!! πŸ˜•

But my only doubt here is, can the sperms of a man be stored for a long time? The doc said even before Nikhil could undergo Chaemotherapy, his sperms were taken out. But, is this feasible? If so, what is the storage period for sperms?

I think yes. Because the Canadian singer Celine Dion's husband was diagnosed with cancer. And Celine herself had her son thru IVF. She said in an interview that she has saved some sperm so that at a later date if she feels she needs another child she will use it. The advance of genetics and biomedicine can do wonders ! 😊

anjali.nair thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: rm_apple

I think yes. Because the Canadian singer Celine Dion's husband was diagnosed with cancer. And Celine herself had her son thru IVF. She said in an interview that she has saved some sperm so that at a later date if she feels she needs another child she will use it. The advance of genetics and biomedicine can do wonders ! 😊

you are right there. i read about it too.
Nankri thumbnail
Anniversary 20 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: bluepink

sree, i don't know what the time period is but sperm banks are just like blood banks. so i think it must be kept forzen for a long time. now in US umblical cord blood is also stored to cure cancer and other diseases. so if someone donates her baby's cord blood and that baby grows up and has cancer then this cord blood can be used for transplants and other researches.

barbie, that was not my analysis but this is what nikhil & doctor spoke. lots of things are covered in dialogues so if we miss that we miss the story.

Thers is nothing wrong in analysing or knowing new things personally alsoπŸ˜•..Never mind if it was told in the serial itself