Vandu4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

Hey every1, Here's Kanchi Kaul's interview!!!!

Also Read:
alsoread(""); - Subhash Jha's Box Populi
-
Telly Scope
"There aren't any hot scenes like those in the original 'Juana'"

Telugu films, ad films, a forgettable Hindi flick and now television. Kanchi Kaul's career thus far has traversed a unique trajectory and promises to trace a new curve with an unusual role in Sony's forthcoming Ek Ladki Anjaani Si. As Ananya Sachdev, she will be proving her mettle on the small screen from 21 November.

Riya V Anandwala talks to her on her first break in television.

Kanchi to play an ambitious 18 year old girl!

In a nutshell, what's your character in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si like?
The story of Ek Ladki Anjaani Si revolves around me, that's Ananya Sachdev. I live a simple life with my family which consists of my beeji, my single mother and my mama. But this simple life doesn't mean that I lead a restricted life. I am extremely ambitious and want to achieve my goals.

You have acted in Telugu movies, a Hindi film and also many ad films, and the first Indian television serial you have chosen was this. Why?
Frankly speaking, I have always done what I felt was right, whether it was movies or ad films. Now when it comes to Ek Ladki Anjaani Si, I grabbed it because it was different. I got many offers to play the lead, many were of the saas bahu genre, but I wanted to do something challenging.

So how is Ek Ladki Anjaani Si different from Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahin.
It is extremely different. First of all, my character- I am outgoing and looks are not what my story is aiming at. Secondly the stories of the two shows are completely diverse.

The original version, that's 'Juana La Virgen' had quite a few steamy scenes. What happens in Ek Ladki Anjaani Si?
Yes, there were many hot scenes in the original Juana, but of course in our series you will not get to see anything of that sort. Every scene has been shot keeping the Indian audience in mind.

Ananya a go getter! but yet a simple girl

Were you a little nervous doing such a bold character for the first time in your career for television?
Little nervous? I was very nervous. I was very scared to play this character when I was narrated the brief. But as the days passed, I was completely ready for it. I understood that it was a challenging opportunity knocking on my door and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. Definitely, later I got into the skin of the character.

What is the most attractive point of your character?
Everything. Firstly it is different in its true sense. I play an 18 year old girl with lot of dreams. And even my clothes, they are so pretty. It is for sure breaking the routine.

What made you pick this particular show?
Honestly, it is one show which won't drag like the others. I hate it when a week has passed and still the track is not over. But, Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is fast paced. If you miss the first episode, you will never get the link. One has to watch each and every episode to get what is happening.

So, are you happy with the way your career has started on the small screen?
Definitely. I have never done anything mediocre, whether it is movies or ad films, I have always been noticed. So it definitely feels good when you're doing something which your heart says. So yes I am happy!

😳😳😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

buttercup thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 18 years ago
Hi Dear,

Thanks so much for sharing, but this has been already posted.

We do have a stick post for Articles, where you can check whether the article has been posted or not.

Am sorry but i will have to close this, but keep posting 😊

Luv,
Butterr 😛