Vaishnavi plays mom in Ek Anjaani!

princessno.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago
Vaishnavi plays mom in Ek Anjaani
By: Shaheen Parkar
November 17, 2005

Anu ki maa: Vaishnavi

Vaishnavi (Madhavi, of Kasautii Zindagi Kay and Ishita, of K Street Pali Hill) enters Sony serial Ek Anjaani Ladki Si, which airs from Monday. Playing mom to the daily's main protagonist, Anu (Kanchi Kaul), the actress says she has no qualms about playing mother roles, though she can pass off for a daughter herself, she tells us...

Came my way easily

I had worked with the producers, Prime Channel, in their earlier project, Dekho Magar Pyar Se. I am playing a mother in Ek Anjaani, Kasautii and K Street, but Ek Anjaani has me as an extremely believable single mother to an 18-year-old. She was married young; so is a friend to her daughter. She is like her sister. I am really looking forward to this drama; it is a role I completely identify with.

Madhavi missing from Kasautii

I have not shot for Kasautii for over a month and I don't know what is happening to the lawyer Madhavi's track. I really don't know if Madhavi will be back in the scheme of things. Anyway, Kasautii is about Prerna, so the rest can come and go. Now, even if I am recalled in Kasautii, I don't think I can manage, with Ek Ladki Anjaani Si.

Ishita continues on K Street

As the wife of Aditya Khandelwal (Rituraj) in the late night thriller, I am there in the track even though I am not so prominent. Whenever they need me, they call. This suits me just fine for the moment, as Ek Ladki Anjaani Si is just starting and I need to give more time to it.

I am doing a film — Ravi Chopra's Babul — after almost a decade. I have worked with BR Arts earlier, in their TV show Main Dilli Hoon, years ago. Babul has a huge star cast; but the rest of the characters, too, are well etched. I play Aman Varma's wife in the film. I begin shooting next month.

Choosing projects

My daughter Margaret is two-and-a half, so I want to balance my family and professional life. My husband, Leslie MacDonald, was in the navy before, but is now setting up his own business. He would like to do something in the line of composing music.

I have known him since my childhood days. My mother is a Andhra Christian from Hyderabad, while my father's side are Brahmins from Madhya Pradesh. It was a mixed marriage, and I, too, ended up marrying a Catholic!

[email protected]

Did you know?

1. Vaishnavi made her acting debut as a teenager, in Raj Kanwar's film Laadla, starring Anil Kapoor, Sridevi and Raveena Tandon.

2. Later seen in Bharat Kapoor's film Barsaat Ki Raat. Her co-stars were Deepshikha and Vivek Shauq.

3. Was paired opposite Saif Ali Khan in Vikram Bhatt's Bambai Ka Babu, which also starred Kajol and Atul Agnihotri.

4. Made her small screen debut with Shaktimaan (DD).

5. On TV, featured in Main Dilli Hoon (DD), Dushman (Nine Gold), Choti Maa, Gharana, Chingari (all Zee) and in Dekho Magar Pyar Se (Star Plus).

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

charu_81 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing.........She is a good actor..I like her acting.. 😊
marvelous.malks thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for sharing, she looks pretty young to be the mom though 😆
buttercup thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks i liker too but loooks too young fr a mom 😉
ejaz_lover thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
lol yeh 😆 ..she looks like her elder sis 😆
SONYA_K thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She is a nice actress, thanks for sharing! 😊
anjali.nair thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
she is a beautiful woman and looks wonderful as an 18 year old's mother. i liked her natural acting.
divya_123 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article
😃