Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

Posted: 5 hours ago

Latham | NZ captain: Really special feeling. Proud to be in this position. Whole team effort and a clear example of everyone pitching in. When you come over here you want to put your best foot forward. Putting runs on the board at the start was really important. Have to mention Mitch Santner. He was fantastic. Has been around the group a long time, and to finally get a break and bowl the way he has - credit to him. It was about trying to stick to our basics and play the long game. Both surfaces have been different, we've needed to adapt and we've done that very well. The method we played with last night - to put ourselves on the front foot - was terrifc. The way GP played this morning was really important. We knew India were going to come out hot. Didn't realise they were going to come that hot, but we managed to get the breakthroughs in the middle session. Those last two wickets took an age but when Tim took that catch we were really happy.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Santner | Player of the Match: Not really (bowled differently in second innings?). Felt a little harder this time. Credit to India for the way they came out. That was the best way on that wicket. We were just hanging in. My side's a bit sore. 20-odd overs in a row. I guess in that kind of situation you just want to keep going. Everytime I got a wicket it felt a little better. Nice to contribute to the team. Winning a series over here is very tough. Obviously very pleasing for us. Everytime you take wickets you feel confident. Landing the ball in the same spot all the time with little changes in pace - that's what we try and do as a spin unit.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

"Let’s address the elephant in the room!!

Hidden somewhere underneath the glamor of a nigh perfect home record since 2012 is the inconvenient truth of a faltering, steadily depreciating batting unit. A batting unit that has been sheltered by a well oiled, experienced spin bowling unit and by freaks like Jaiswal and Pant who’ve defied cricket logic to stave them off defeats. It has taken a rather innocuous but extremely effective peck by the Kiwi to rattle this regal Indian elephant, and hopefully wake it up from a long hidden batting malaise. Everyone knew that a transition was coming soon enough with so many of the Indian players on the wrong side of 30, but maybe, just maybe that transition is already upon us…"

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Tom Latham, the NZ captain: It is obviously a special feeling. Very proud to be up here. It is a team effort. This game was a clear example of every stepping up at the right times. Very special. When you come here, you want to put your best foot forward. We wanted to stay with our feet out and the way Mitch Santner bowled in the first innings, he was fantastic. He bowled brilliantly in the first and second innings. [Takeaways from SL loss] Thought we didn't play too badly in SL. You look at the result but we did a few good things. We wanted to stick to the basics. We wanted to fire our shots and thought we have done that well. [Talk after day 2] Just wanted to be positive. We put ourselves on the front foot last night. The runs were important. The way GP played in the morning was very important. India came out hot, but we got the breakthroughs. It was a great middle session. Not just mitch but GP and Ajaz. The last three wickets took an age, but it was great.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

To no one's surprise, Mitchell Santner is the player of the match: [Changed anything from first inns] Not really. It was harder this time. Kudos to India how they came out. We knew they would fire some sots. Jaiswal played well, but we hung in here. Hopefully one had their name. [Side strain?] Yeah, my side's a little sore, but might be just because of the workload. I found it early on in my spell, but I wasn't going to stop. Every time I got a wicket, it got a little better. It was a bit strange for me, but it was important to contribute in the win. Very pleasing for us but we have another game in Mumbai and we have to go again. [Has anything changed as a red-ball bowler?] Probably a little bit. Every time you take wickets, you get a little more confident. I felt that today. The wickets always does that.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Well, who saw that coming! Even after the defeat in Bengaluru, it was hard to argue that India were favourites on a pitch that was nothing like the one at Chinnaswamy. But New Zealand rose to the challenge in some style! Mitchell Santner, the Test bowler, where have you been? Brought in on a turner, he managed to outbowl the Indian attack and ended up with 13 wickets in the match. So this result shakes up the permutations and combinations in the World Test Championship. One more Test to go in Wankhede, and New Zealand probably won't mind the conditions there either. For now, though, they can soak in the enormity of what they've achieved, bringing down an Indian behemoth in their own backyard. That's all we have from here. Until then...Goodbye!

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Let’s address the elephant in the room!!

Hidden somewhere underneath the glamor of a nigh perfect home record since 2012 is the inconvenient truth of a faltering, steadily depreciating batting unit. A batting unit that has been sheltered by a well oiled, experienced spin bowling unit and by freaks like Jaiswal and Pant who’ve defied cricket logic to stave them off defeats. It has taken a rather innocuous but extremely effective peck by the Kiwi to rattle this regal Indian elephant, and hopefully wake it up from a long hidden batting malaise. Everyone knew that a transition was coming soon enough with so many of the Indian players on the wrong side of 30, but maybe, just maybe that transition is already upon us…

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Well, who saw that coming! Even after the defeat in Bengaluru, it was hard to argue that India were favourites on a pitch that was nothing like the one at Chinnaswamy. But New Zealand rose to the challenge in some style! Mitchell Santner, the Test bowler, where have you been? Brought in on a turner, he managed to outbowl the Indian attack and ended up with 13 wickets in the match. So this result shakes up the permutations and combinations in the World Test Championship. One more Test to go in Wankhede, and New Zealand probably won't mind the conditions there either. For now, though, they can soak in the enormity of what they've achieved, bringing down an Indian behemoth in their own backyard. That's all we have from here. This is Sagar Chawla signing off on behalf of Vinod and Saurabh Shankar. Goodbye!

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Originally posted by: Redflag

Bollywood movies ITV shows sab dekhna band kar diya le de ke ek cricket dekhti hun humare players aise performance denge to cricket bhi dekhna band ho jayega smiley19

First time i am watching Bollywood songs instead cricket, i missed Jaiswal innings.

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

If SAfrica beat Bangladesh (Oct 29-nov 2 ) & Also beat At home both Sri lanka & pakistan they will be in final of WTC vs Aus first time with 69% PCT points