Posted: 3 hours ago

Five wicket haul for Washington Sundar

Maiden 5-fer in Tests

first in all FC cricket since Aug 2022

first in FC cricket on Indian soil since Oct 2017

SoniRita thumbnail

India

That was a special day for Washington Sundar, who picked up 7 for 59, and he wasn't even part of the Test squad to start off. NZ were going well, 197 for 3 before he ushered a collapse and NZ lost their last seven wickets for 62, with all of them going to Washington. But NZ did manage to end their day on a high with Tim Southee removing Rohit Sharma with a jaffa. Shubman Gill had a few nervy moments but has survived the day with Jaiswal at the other end. India made it to 16 for 1 at the end of day two still trailing NZ by 243 runs.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Rohit vs Southee in Tests \n8 inngs \n126 balls \n51 runs \n4 dismissals \nAvg 12.75 \n14th instance of Southee dismissing Rohit in all International cricket - the most he has dismissed a batter and the joint most Rohit has fallen to a bowler, alongside Kagiso Rabada

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Dismissing most batters bowled in an inngs (India)

5 Jasubhai Patel vs Aus Kanpur 1959

5 Bapu Nadkarni vs Aus Brabourne 1960

5 Anil Kumble vs SA Joburg 1992

5 Ravindra Jadeja vs Aus Delhi 2023

5 Washington Sundar vs NZ Pune 2024

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Best figures for India vs NZ in Tests

8/72 S Venkatraghavan Delhi 1965

8/76 EAS Prasanna Auckland 1975

7/59 R Ashwin Indore 2017

7/59 Washington Sundar Pune 2024

Three of the four bowlers in the above list have represented Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Spinners taking all ten 1st inngs wickets on day 1 of a Test in India

Ind vs NZ Pune 2024

Ind vs Eng Dharamsala 2024

Ind vs Eng Chennai 1973

Ind vs Aus Chennai 1964

Ind vs Aus Kolkata 1956

Eng vs Ind Kanpur 1952

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 2 hours ago

Washington Sundar: The way it came through, fact that I wasn't part of the first Test and I was called for this particular Test and given the opportunity to play in the XI, I was really grateful to the coach and captain. Unbelievable feeling. [What changed after the first session] I wanted to be very accurate no matter what situation I was bowling or which batsman I was coming coming across. It was God's plan, just came through really well. I just focused to hit the particular areas, changed my pace here and there, just really grateful. [Pitch] We genuinely felt it will start spinning from day one. It did spin in the first session but don't think it did a lot in the second. The pitch settled down from the third session, but eventually it did spin. [Fav wicket] Unfair for me to choose one. Certainly Rachin Ravindra because he was batting well. Daryl Mitchell's wicket as well was game changer.

An Adelaide performance where Cheteshwar Pujara refused to get dislodged is up against Shardul Thakur shining with bat and ball in what practically was his Test debut in Brisbane.

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Best figures for India vs NZ in Tests

8/72 S Venkatraghavan Delhi 1965

8/76 EAS Prasanna Auckland 1975

7/59 R Ashwin Indore 2017

7/59 Washington Sundar Pune 2024

Three of the four bowlers in the above list have represented Tamil Nadu in domestic cricket.

7 wkts haul by indian bowler in test cricket by "an innings :"

R. Jadeja 7 for 42

Maninder singh 7 for 27 🌹

Bedi 7 for 98

Zaheer khan 7 for 87

Ishant Sharma 7 for 74

Ashwin 7 for 59

Irfan Pathan 7 for 59

Gulam Ahmed 7 for 49

Dattu Phadkar 7 for 159πŸ‘οΈ

S. N. Thakur 7 for 61

Amar singh 7 for 86

Washington s. 7 for 59*

Edited by Nishnesh - 2 hours ago
Redflag thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2024 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 6

Rohit Sharma bas captaincy ke wajah se team mein hai

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Captain Ji Hitman Rohit Sharma will play well in 2nd innings

But Ind won't even have to bat for 2nd time as I feel NZ will lose by an innings and 300 runs