Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bacillusbadius thumbnail
Posted: 9 hours ago

All support to South Africa National Cricket Team (Women)smiley20smiley32smiley27

Go Proteas

remove chokers tag and become Champions

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Finally Women's T20WC will get a new winner

Bacillusbadius thumbnail

Won't mind any team winning it

As these both teams suffered a lot (at least NZ Men won WTC 2021, NZ won Women ODI CWC 2000)

SA deserves everything

Don't want another heartbreak for them

Anyway let's see

Savera84 thumbnail

India

"Cricket is a funny game."

Laura Wolvaardt has used this one-liner over the years in different contexts, on different conditions, against different opponents after a hard-fought win and a heartbreaking loss. It is only apt to go back to this phrase today, when after 22 games, the ninth edition of the Women's T20 World Cup will witness a first-time champion. There is no Australia. No England. No India as well.

What was supposed to begin in Dhaka will come to an end in Dubai. It's South Africa vs New Zealand - arguably one of the greatest rivalry in another sport - but it's also the final that no one saw coming in women's cricket.

Hello and welcome to ESPNcricinfo's live coverage of the 2024 title clash. I am Srinidhi Ramanujam and will be joined by our ever-enthusiastic S Sudarshanan as we bring you all the live action. Whether you are tuning in from a pleasant afternoon in Cape Town, or staying wide awake an hour past midnight in Wellington, or following the game like us and the men's sides of these two finalists from the sub-continent, settle in nicely as an epic awaits us.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Since February last year, South Africa have had three chances at glory, two of them thanks to the women, and this time they aim to deliver. To understand why winning the World Cup matters so much to South Africa, read the stories of the players here: The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the South African sky by Firdose Moonda.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Suzie Bates & Sophie Devine. One made her debut in 2006 aged 19, just a few months before another one, 17-year-old, made her first appearance for the White Ferns. Bates has now played 170 T20Is and 163 ODIs with more than 10,000 runs and 137 wickets across the two formats, while Devine has 7,245 runs and 208 wickets from a career punctuated by a brief mental health break in 2021. In this edition, New Zealand reached the final of the T20 World Cup after 14 years, and with both approaching the end of their careers, this triumph would mean a lot for them - not to forget Lea Tahuhu - and the New Zealand cricket. ICYMI, Valkerie Baynes wrote more on the Soph and Suze show - New Zealand's hit sitcom seeks one last high.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Akram: "Both the teams have proven all the pundits and experts wrong, as these 2 teams were written off by most with 2 out of the big 3 being predicted finalists, so we have the proof that cricket is an unpredictable game, no-one is really that much a favorite as said by the most, regardless of whatever happens today. "

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 8 hours ago

Toss coming up...

Matthew: "Lea Tahuhu lost her central contract in May 2022. A WC trophy would be the ultimate redemption story!"

Raji: "I'm torn between Devine and Kappie, but I think I would be a bit more grateful if Devine wins, especially since this match is her last as captain. She has truly demonstrated what an excellent leader she can be for the youngsters. I hope they both continue to play for a few more years, as I haven't even recovered from Meg's retirement yet. Congrats to Bates for great achievement!!!"

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Road to semis for South Africa:

Beat WI by 10 wickets

Lost to England by 7 wickets

Beat Scotland by 80 runs

Beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets

Beat Australia by 8 wickets (in semis)

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Wolvaardt flips the coin. South Africa win the toss and elect to bowl first.