18 (13b 2x4)

Kathryn Bryce

4-0-31-1

Rachel Slater

4-0-35-1

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 12 days ago

South Africa have the highest total this World Cup. But it has come on the back of a solid team performance with none going past 50. The openers added 64 and once again Wolvaardt continued her fine form with a 40 off just 27 balls.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

The highest score of this year's Women's T20 World Cup (yet), and South Africa were full value for it. Wolvaardt set the tone early and made the most of the field restrictions, going through the in-field and over it regularly. Brits grew into her innings and kept the scoring rate up, even after the departure of her skipper. Kapp was their lynchpin thereafter and her 24-ball 43 was pivotal in SA going past the 160-run mark.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Darcey Carter: Definitely a good pitch. 160 is a pretty good score but it (the pitch) looks a lot better than previous matches. I was just trying to bowl my best first ball. Really pleased to get a wicket (off my first ball). (On her bowling) I probably consider it my first skill but we have some high-quality spinners, so don't mind not bowling. (On her fielding) You are always guaranteed to field in cricket and that is something I pride myself on. On a good pitch, against good opposition, diving (to stop runs) and taking catches…it really helps.

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

15:26 Local Time, 11:26 GMT, 16:56 IST: South Africa have the highest total this World Cup. But it has come on the back of a solid team performance with none going past 50. The openers added 64 and once again Wolvaardt continued her fine form with a 40 off just 27 balls. Bosch at 3 flopped but the momentum was continued by Brits and Kapp. Brits fell short of her 50 and Kapp continued on as she added another little stand with Luus. Kapp was very positive with her footwork and often converted loopy deliveries into low full-tosses. She also peppered the deep backward square leg fence as she shuffled across to sweep balls on the stumps. Scotland did well in the last two overs as just 14 came off it but still 167 looks a mountain to chase for this side. Back for their reply very shortly...

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Darcey Carter: Definitely was a good pitch. I was just trying to bowl my best first ball. Really pleased to get a wicket. I probably consider it my first skill but we have some high-quality spinners, so don't mind not bowling. You are always guaranteed to field in cricket and that is something I pride myself on.

Aurora_77 thumbnail

India

Saskia Horley and Sarah Bryce are at the crease. Saskia Horley is on strike. Kapp will open the attack