Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

Stumps, day two: Brilliant day for India and they are in a commanding position in this Test. This match is progressing at a very brisk rate with 17 wickets falling today. Resuming the day on 339/6, India were able to add just 37 runs today morning against the second new ball. Taskin picked three wickets and Hasan Mahmud wrapped up the innings to finish with a fifer. From 144/6, it was a superb recovery from the hosts to finish on 376, thanks to the 199-run stand between Ashwin and Jadeja. In reply, Bangladesh got off to a poor start. Shadman Islam fell to Bumrah in the very first over and Akash Deep picked two wickets off successive deliveries to reduce Bangladesh to 26/3. Things got worse for the visitors with Siraj and Bumrah picking a wicket apiece in quick succession after lunch. When Bangladesh were reeling at 40/5, Litton and Shakib stitched a half-century partnership and batting seemed to have gotten easier. But a couple of field changes resulted in both the set batters falling to Jadeja. While Litton holed out in the deep while trying to sweep, Shakib got out playing the reverse-sweep. There was little resistance from the lower order and Bangladesh were skittled out for 149 in one and a half sessions.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

India didn't enforce the follow-on and decided to bat again having gained a lead of 227. Jaiswal struck a couple of boundaries in the very first over, Rohit got off the mark with a boundary. But both of them nicked behind. Shubman Gill and Kohli joined hands and they were batting quite comfortably. Mehidy managed to trap Kohli lbw in the latter part of the final session which wasn't reviewed and replays showed that there was a faint inside edge. Pant hit a four and six off Shakib while Gill has looked solid in this innings. India lead by 308 runs and they'll look to bat Bangladesh out of this contest. Tune in tomorrow to find out how the action unfolds. For now, it's goodbye...

Aurora_77 thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

India

Most wickets in a day in Tests at Chepauk

17 - IND vs BAN, 2024 (Day 2)

15 - IND vs WI, 1979 (Day 3)

15 - IND vs ENG, 2021 (Day 4)

15 - IND vs ENG, 2021 (Day 2)

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Note: The last two instances are from two different matches, the first and second respectively of the 2021 series between India and England.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Ravindra Jadeja: I got out today but it's part and parcel of the game. Now we have to put up a good score on the board in the second innings. I am very happy with my bowling, the way I went through today. It's a good opportunity to take the 300th wicket on this ground. First we have to bat very well, we have to put somewhere around 120-150 from hereon. We'll be in a good position and then we'll come out and bowl and try and get them out as early as possible. (Pitch) It's pretty good for batting but there's still something in the wicket for the fast bowlers. Odd ball was seaming, odd ball was swinging, it's not that easy for batters. If fast bowlers bend their back, they can take something out of the wicket. (Partnership with Ashwin) First of all, Ashwin doesn't need any advice (chuckles). I was just talking to Ash that we are not gonna miscall or try and make errors because the wicket was so good and we both were batting very well. I said we'll look to take easy singles, I'll try and not make you run hard and that was the conversation between us. Well played to Ashwin, he played a brilliant knock at his home ground. There is something in the wicket for the fast bowler and for spinners also, odd spin and odd ball is keeping low. All the five bowlers will be in play.

Edited by Savera84 - 1 months ago
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: SoniRita

Note: The last two instances are from two different matches, the first and second respectively of the 2021 series between India and England.

I think the last two matches were in a series in which a match ended in 2.5 days

Edited by FlauntPessimism - 1 months ago
JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Would love to know your opinion on Hasan Mahmud the guy who took 5 wickets in the 1st innings? smiley4

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Would love to know your opinion on Hasan Mahmud the guy who took 5 wickets in the 1st innings? smiley4

Another star in the world of cricket, I just adored his attitude towards the challenging situation.

Facing his bowling was a real challenge to top order Indian batsmen, that shows his caliber.

BeingBlunt thumbnail

WPL Wizzards

Originally posted by: JustRandomGirl

Basic workhorse. Kuch special nahi laga. Won't be able to get any proper inform batter like Yashashvi out.

But Nahid Rana was special. Very promising. But as it happens in smaller nations such talent don't last long because of ignorance of administration.

JustRandomGirl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

Basic workhorse. Kuch special nahi laga. Won't be able to get any proper inform batter like Yashashvi out.

But Nahid Rana was special. Very promising. But as it happens in smaller nations such talent don't last long because of ignorance of administration.

I guess the reason Hasan got some success is cause he maintained his basics, but then also in this innings he looked a bit uncomfortable.

As for Nahid Rana, he was a good find in BPL this year. He played 2 matches, and there was an over he bowled to Neesham and made him speechless. It was a good decision to let him play tests first as speed can be helpful in tests, but he still has to work on his line and length. He is new and has time. He reminds me of Ebadot Hossain, just that he has more speed and managed to catch up quicker.

I hope he gets utilized well and for now they should just let him play Tests also to manage the workload too.

Edited by JustRandomGirl - 1 months ago