Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 1 months ago

R Ashwin: Always special to play here. Last time I got a hundred here, you [Ravi Shastri] were the coach. Thanks for that. Comes that I'm coming off a T20 tournament, I've always been giving the ball a waft. But on a surface like this, it's better to go hard like Rishabh does. It's an old-school Chennai surface with bounce and carry. When there is width, you can give it a tonk. Jadeja was of real help, there was a point where I was sweating and tiring but Jaddu helped me through the phase. He's been solid and one of our best batters. He told me we don't have to convert twos into threes, which helped me (smiles). Overspin will fetch bounce, spinners will come into play later. The new ball will do a bit tomorrow, we'll have to start afresh.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

On an overcast morning and a seam bowling friendly surface, Bangladesh opted to bowl. Hasan Mahmud removed Rohit, Gill and Kohli inside the first hour. Jaiswal and Pant stitched a fifty partnership and Mahmud came back to nip out the latter. Up against a disciplined bowling attack, Jaiswal batted patiently to notch up a half-century before he was worked over by Nahid Rana. KL Rahul fell in the very next over and India were in a spot of bother. That's when the spin twins joined hands to bail their team out of trouble with the bat. Ashwin was quick to get off the blocks, played some exquisite shots and batted fluently to record his second Test hundred at his home ground. Jadeja too scored at a brisk rate and Bangladesh couldn't put any sort of pressure on the duo. After picking six wickets in the first two sessions, they ended up conceding 163 runs in the final session without getting a breakthrough.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Credit to both teams for giving us a very interesting day one of the first test.smiley32

Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Originally posted by: Savera84

Credit to both teams for giving us a very interesting day one of the first test.smiley32

Credit to Jaiswal more than rest of first 6 batsman because Jai did what pujara ji doing for india.

Pujara occupied crease long enough to remove Cherry ( shine) of the ball

Jaiswal did that job very well so others pile up runs, as we know ball not swing or seam after lunch unless batsman make mistake.

Credit to bangladesh bowler they were so impactful, Next test at kanpur also good for

Bowlers

Edited by Nishnesh - 1 months ago
Nishnesh thumbnail
ICC T20 CWC 2024 Participants 0 Thumbnail ICC T20 CWC 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail + 9

Bangladesh

Sep 17, 1986

Happy Birthday Ashwin ji β€οΈπŸ’•πŸŒΏπŸŒΉπŸŒΏ

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: FlauntPessimism

Run jitne bhi bane, I want they shall be able to play all the overs today. I know highly unlikely 34-35 overs are left

see they proved u wrong. So never say never. They played still stumps with still 6 wkts down.
SoniRita thumbnail

India

So happy for Ashwinsmiley32 congratulations to him for the century n belated birthday wishes to him

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Multiple five-fors and multiple Test hundreds at a venue in Tests

Garfield Sobers - Headingley (Two hundreds, two five-fors)

Kapil Dev - Chennai (Two hundreds, two five-fors)

Chris Cairns - Auckland (Two hundreds, two five-fors)

Ian Botham - Headingley (Two hundreds, three five-fors)

Ravichandran Ashwin - Chennai (Two hundreds, four five-fors)

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Most hundreds from No.8 or below in Tests

5 - Daniel Vettori

4 - Ravichandran Ashwin

3 - Kamran Akmal

3 - Jason Holder

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Visiting quicks with 4 wickets on Day 1 of a Test in India since 2000