Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 3 months ago

A wise man said the toughest opponent is me. There is no me in team sport. But India right now have a competition with themselves. Has been the case with India in league stages of the ICC events across formats for a couple of years now. They are the ME here. Their standard fell a little with the ball and on the field but the batting came to the party and how. The breeze did play a part and the dropped chances didn't hurt them much. Australia on the other hand were short on plans once Rohit pulverized them at the top. Zampa tried his best but was taken to the cleaners by a set Rohit. Australia must have planned to bowl Maxwell to the left-handers but Marsh never got the chance to introduce him as the tempo of the innings remained almost the same for the entire innings till Rohit and SKY were there. Even Australia had a similar blueprint of attack as the best form of defence but it all fell apart after the fall of Marsh and Maxwell.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

And that is that. India are in the semis, and they'll face England in Providence, Guyana, on June 26. If today was revenge for November 19, 2023, they'll now be looking forward to exacting revenge for November 10, 2022. Who will play the other semi-final, though? South Africa will be one of the teams. The other could be Afghanistan, or Australia, or even Bangladesh. We'll know later today, after the last match of the Super Eight. It will be thrilling without doubt,

samarp2 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Most Posts (May 2024) 1 Thumbnail + 8

IMG_4887.jpeg

Word Count: 0

liberiangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Bangladesh has nothing to lose. They are gonna give a tough fight to AFG.

Any of the 3 teams could now make it to the semis

Ria23 thumbnail

Why virat did not play at no. 3

He is definitely to not good for the second. Then whats the reason for not changing the order.

basherz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

so India win against Aus in the league & not so pressure games yet again.

I would wish either India to win the cup or final between Afghanistan v South Africa. Whoever wins it, will be the 1st time WC winner. No England or Aus, thank you. They already won cups more than twice in each format..

Edited by basherz - 3 months ago
basherz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ria23

Why virat did not play at no. 3

He is definitely to not good for the second. Then whats the reason for not changing the order.

they may not experiment anymore at this stage with another opener, batsmen seem to be settled for now - unless there's injury. No use in bringing a fresh player in final stages of the cup, no others can open with Rohit @ the moment either, all are middle order players.

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

LOL. I wanna say i jinxed kohli but waise bhi kaun sa achchha kar raha tha. smiley37

Waise bhi ball waste karta hai

Kohli increases his strike rate after he crosses 10-11 overs

It’s loss for the team

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Hum jeet gaye smiley40

DiamondLife thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: basherz

so India win against Aus in the league & not so pressure games yet again.

I would wish either India to win the cup or final between Afghanistan v South Africa. Whoever wins it, will be the 1st time WC winner. No England or Aus, thank you. They already won cups more than twice in each format..

I feel Looking at the hard work and constant try to give best - AFG deserves the spot more than AUS

I will be happy to see SA, India or AFG wins the World Cup

Edited by DiamondLife - 3 months ago