Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Posted: 3 months ago

Rohit Sharma, Player of the Match: That's what I have to do (in the powerplay), try and see what the bowlers are doing, play accordingly. They changed their plans and tried to bowl against the breeze. Needed to be smart, was just backing myself to do. You got to understand that bowlers are smart, they are not going to bowl into the breeze. I was thinking to hit everything that was possible. You can access all sides of the field, that is what I was trying to do. It has been a good wicket and you need to back yourself on good wickets, glad that it came off today. I told you that 50s and 100s don't matter to me. Need to put the bowlers under pressure, and you need big scores for that. I tried to access all sides of the field, not just one side.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most consecutive wins for India in T20Is

12 bw Nov 2021 & Feb 2022

10 bw Dec 2023 & June 2024 *

9 bw Jan 2020 & Dec 2020

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most wins as captain in T20Is (including Super Over wins)

48 Rohit Sharma (60 mat)

48 Babar Azam (85)

45 Brian Masaba (60)

44 Eoin Morgan (72)

Prizi thumbnail

India

A wise man said the toughest opponent is me. There is no me in team sport. But India right now have a competition with themselves. Has been the case with India in league stages of the ICC events across formats for a couple of years now. They are the ME here. Their standard fell a little with the ball and on the field but the batting came to the party and how. The breeze did play a part and the dropped chances didn't hurt them much. Australia on the other hand were short on plans once Rohit pulverized them at the top. Zampa tried his best but was taken to the cleaners by a set Rohit. Australia must have planned to bowl Maxwell to the left-handers but Marsh never got the chance to introduce him as the tempo of the innings remained almost the same for the entire innings till Rohit and SKY were there. Even Australia had a similar blueprint of attack as the best form of defence but it all fell apart after the fall of Marsh and Maxwell.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Most sixes in a match in T20 World Cups

30 Ire vs Net Sylhet 2014

24 Aus vs Ind Bridgetown 2010

24 Aus vs Ind Gros Islet 2024

22 Aus vs Pak Gros Islet 2010

22 Eng vs SA Wankhede 2016

Prizi thumbnail

India

India have booked a ticket to Guyana. England will be waiting for them in what will be a repeat of the 2022 WC where India were thwarted by 10 wickets in the semis. The weather is expected to play a part as well.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Ipl 2024 participation badge pending na ?

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: Sevenstreaks

Ipl 2024 participation badge pending na ?

Yes its pending, Vijay sir and Paresh sir please see query of Sandy
Edited by SoniRita - 3 months ago
SoniRita thumbnail

India

Mitch Marsh: Disappointing. It happens in the game of cricket. In the course of 40 overs, there are a lot of small margins. India were a better team, Rohit is a class player. More belief than hope. In a run chase like that if you keep it at 10 an over, we are in the game. India's bowlers were too good though in the end. Come on, Bangladesh now!

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Rohit Sharma: Satisfying. We know the opposition and the threat they bring. As a team we did well, kept doing the things we needed to do. Gives us good confidence as a team. 200 is a good score but when you are playing here with wind being a big factor, anything can happen. But I think we used to conditions really well, and it was about individuals doing their job. If was about getting wickets at the right time. We know the strength he has, but we need to use him when necessary. In New York, there were seamer friendly wickets. He had to miss out but we knew he had a big role to play out here. We don't want to do anything different, play the same way and understand what each person has to do. Play freely and not think too much on what's lying ahead. Not think about the opposition. We have been doing it consistently, just need to continue.