mushat thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 4 months ago

Oh no it's 326smiley37

Nahi milenge total points even if they hit a 6smiley37

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Rahmanullah Gurbaz: I think it is a very good total for our bowlers. I am happy with this total. The start, it was not easy, especially against the spinners. Happy with my innings as well. It depends on our fielding and how well we field. Our plan was to play Santner as well and we were happy to just take him for 20-odd runs. (On the pitch) I can say it is not easy. I hope we bowl well and field well.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Lowest run-rate for a 100+ partnership in T20 WC

7.10 - I Zadran v R Gurbaz vs NZ, Providence, 2024*

7.66 - V Kohli & Rohit Sharma vs WI, Mirpur, 2014

7.88 - Babar Azam & M Rizwan vs NAM, Abu Dhabi, 2021

8.00 - V Kohli & Rohit Sharma vs BAN, Mirpur, 2014

Most 100+ opening stands in T20 WCs

3 - Babar Azam & M Rizwan

2 - A Gilchrist & M Hayden

2 - D Warner & S Watson

2 - R Gurbaz & Ibrahim Zadran

Savera84 thumbnail

India

As for NZ, their fielding was sluggish, especially at the start. There were several lapses, including dropped catches and missed run-out chances. With the ball, they held their own at different stages, with Boult and Santner being the standouts. Ferguson was not bad either. Henry, though, was expensive and their decision to hold back an over of Bracewell also cost them a few runs, given Mitchell was asked to fill in right at the end.

That said, Afghanistan will feel quietly confident of defending this total, just like NZ will be confident of chasing this down. This game seems to be in the balance, and that means we should have a thrilling second innings in store. Join us in a bit for the chase!

Savera84 thumbnail

India

A strange innings which has finished with Afghanistan getting 159. Intent was not a problem in the powerplay (or the first ten overs) but the execution was from an Afghanistan perspective. Then, just after the drinks break, they clicked into gear, with Gurbaz at the forefront.

Gurbaz and Ibrahim registered their second-successive 100-plus opening partnership and that set Afghanistan up nicely. Omarzai, after the fall of Ibrahim's wicket, continued that momentum but once he departed, none of the others could really support Gurbaz, meaning that Afghanistan could not push up closer to 170.

SoniRita thumbnail

India

Afghanistan innings progression

Overs 1-6: 44/0 (RR: 7.33)

Overs 7-10: 11/0 (RR: 2.75)

Overs 11-13: 42/0 (RR: 14.0)

Overs 14-20: 62/6 (RR: 8.85)

Most sixes by AFG in a T20 WC innings

11 vs SCO, Sharjah, 2021

9 vs SA, Wankhede, 2016

9 vs NZ, Providence, 2024*

Most sixes for Afghanistan in a T20 WC innings

5 - Mohammad Shahzad vs SA, Wankhede, 2016

5 - Rahmanullah Gurbaz vs NZ, Providence, 2024*

Gurbaz's 80 runs is the highest individual score for Afghanistan in T20 World Cups, surpassing his own 76 runs from the last match against Uganda.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Originally posted by: mushat

2 runs aur bana leta na...I hope NZ wins this match with a boundary smiley37

Still not possible total runs will be 324 smiley18

Bekind thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

First out NZ. One wicket downsmiley41smiley40

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Allen gone smiley19

NZ loosing this match smiley19

SoniRita thumbnail

India

What a start for afg

W

Fazalhaq Farooqi to Finn Allen, out Bowled!! And, he strikes first ball! Full and swinging in, Finn Allen goes for the big on-drive sans any feet movement. Doesn't account for the swing and pays the price. The ball curls past the inside edge to crash into the sticks. Allen is shocked while Farooqi is pumped up. Finn Allen b Fazalhaq Farooqi 0(1)

Fazalhaq Farooqi to Finn Allen, THATS OUT!! Bowled!!