India smiley40

Vedika.Kapoor thumbnail
Posted: 4 months ago

Thanks for the thread 😘

India 🇮🇳 🧿

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India will resume their hunt for an ICC title and will hope hit the ground running quickly at a venue where they are slated to play three venues and the initial responses to the conditions at the New York have not been ideal.

Rohit Sharma’s squad have hardly had game time as a unit in the format since the tournament’s last edition. They head into the contest on the back of their individual IPL performances and a solitary warm-up game against Bangladesh. India offered a hint of their possible combination during the practice game. However, the overall make-up and choice of combination are still under wraps. Meanwhile, the Irish enter the contest with the opportunity to be Group A’s key disruptor.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Can Ireland cause an upset?

The World Cup has reached the American shores, but it would take India’s tournament-opener against Ireland to breathe life into it and for the arena to gather noise and sway to the tunes of the game. The mood would be one of party, before the real deal, the supposed landscape changer, next Sunday between India and Pakistan.

The Ireland game, thus, has the guise of a feeler, a glorified warm-up fixture, an uneven contest, in scale and stature, to excite the neutral cricket tragic. The chasm between the two are wide—India are ranked the number one in the world, whereas Ireland occupy the eleventh spot; Ireland have lost all seven of their T20I games against the more vaunted foes, who have reached at least the semifinals of the tournament on four instances, a team in red-hot form, having lost only two of their last 14 games in this format, as opposed to an erratic team that has lost eight of their last 14.

Sevenstreaks thumbnail

Hope India wins smiley40

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Former opener's top order recommendation

India vs Ireland Live Score: "Not much should be read into a warm-up game, as sending him at No.3 was maybe about giving him more game time. If he explodes in the last five-six overs along with players like Hardik, (Ravindra) Jadeja or even an Axar Patel, that can really be the game-changer. Suppose in a game, India still have Rishabh at the dugout for the last eight-nine overs, it will surely keep the opposition under pressure," former India opener WV Raman told The Telegraph.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

India have played 3 ODIs and 7 T20I matches against Ireland and have won all of them. However, Ireland's performance was impressive. In June 2022, India played a rain-affected match against the squad led by Andrew Balbirnie.

Rohit Sharma on New York pitch condition

India vs Ireland Live Score: "There is a square of four pitches. I don't know which wicket we will be playing on. So, who knows - the wicket that we are playing tomorrow might be a good wicket to bat on. So, it's all about adapting," Rohit Sharma told reporters on the eve of the match.

"I didn't get to watch the game. I was a little busy with my family, who arrived yesterday. But no, I certainly know how the pitch played, hearing from my other teammates. We've got a lot of guys in the team, and the support staff was talking about what happened in that game. But, again, all I can say is we'll make the best decision possible for these conditions, whatever the best level we feel. We'll just go to the ground and have a look at the pitch," he added.

kooki07 thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 4

Thanks for the tag but we already know the result any way . Thanks again.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Despite having a 7-0 win record against Ireland in the T20 World Cups, the Men in Blue will not take the opponents lightly as they are very much aware of their competitive mindset.

Team management will likely stick with Kuldeep Yadav and Ravindra Jadeja as the spin duo. At the same time, Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Siraj or Arshdeep Singh will lead the pace attack and Pandya will chip in as the fifth bowling option.

On the other hand, Ireland will hope to spoil India's party in Group A with their spontaneous style of cricket. Veteran Paul Sterling will lead the side that boasts a lot of experienced T20 players including the likes of Andy Balbirnie, Lorcan Tucker, Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, and Josh Tongue.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Our focus will be on getting the most out of our four all-rounders, says Rohit

India have four all-rounders in the T20 World Cup squad and Rohit Sharma underlined their importance on Tuesday, saying the management will look to use all of them effectively over the course of the tournament.

Hardik Pandya and Shivam Dube are the pace-bowling all-rounders while Ravindra Jadeja and Axar Patel are the two left-arm spinners who can also play an important role with the bat.

Speaking ahead of the tournament opener against Ireland, Rohit did not rule out the possibility of playing all four in the playing eleven to ensure a longer batting line-up.