Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 2 years ago

IND Women won by 30 runs (D/L method)

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Right then, that was a damp squib to finish this match. India, though, will not complain. First and foremost, they have got the two points they needed, while there were also significant contributions from the batters who they wanted to test, like Sabbineni Meghana, Shafali Verma, Richa Ghosh, and even a short swift cameo by Dayalan Hemalatha at the end.

With the weather in mind, Harmanpreet began with her spinners for the first five overs to ensure that there was a result in this game, and sure enough, the rain came two balls into the sixth over.

India are back in action tomorrow, when they take on UAE at 1:30pm local time.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Winifred Duraisingam, Malaysia captain: We needed to play the full game, but the weather came down after five overs. The girls were excited from the start, the energy they showed on the field, I hope they take the learnings from this game.

She is one of our youngsters from the U19, she got only one over and she did her best. We don't get these opportunities too often, so you could see the energy levels.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Harmanpreet Kaur, India captain: We knew when we were taking the field that the rain could come, so the priority was to bowl the first five overs as soon as possible. Meghana and Shafali batted really well, and in the end, Richa came in and expressed herself. We wanted Shafali to stay at the wicket, it was very important for her to get runs, happy that she scored a crucial 40 to get her confidence back.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Sabbineni Meghana is the Player of the Match: Happy because it is always special to score runs for the team and represent the country. I was not thinking much about the wicket, I was playing to my strengths and backed my strengths. Shafali was really supportive, this was my first game in a long time, so her support in the partnership was very important.

Ellie.Gibbs thumbnail

who do you stand with guys?

SoniRita thumbnail

India

IND Women won by 30 runs (D/L method)🥳

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

SLW vs THAIW Prediction

Sri Lanka Women will take on Thailand Women at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium Ground 2. Match 7 in the Round-robin stage of the 2022 Women’s Asia Cup.

After losing their opening game of the tournament to India Women by 14 runs, Sri Lanka Women got their first win of the campaign on Sunday when they beat UAE Women by 11 runs (DLS). They are currently in fourth place out of seven teams in the group stage.

SL-W Batting

Hasini Perera top scored for Sri Lanka Women in the defeat to India Women but she could only make two runs from nine balls against UAE Women in Match 4. Opener Harshitha Samarawickrama top scored in the victory, hitting four fours in her total of 37 from 40 balls.

SL-W Bowling

There were two run-outs in UAE Women’s total of 54-7 from 11 overs but it was 21 year old off-spinner Kavisha Dilhari who led the bowling attack. She recorded figures of 2-7 from her two overs and dismissed two of UAE’s top three batters.

SL-W Form

Sri Lanka Women have had two close games in the tournament. They impressed against India Women but would have expected to beat Sri Lanka Women by a larger margin.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

The Thailand Women side had the honour of playing the opening game of the competition against the hosts Bangladesh Women on Saturday but were well beaten. They were bowled out for 82 before Bangladesh knocked off the runs with 50 balls remaining.

THAI-W Batting

Against Bangladesh Women, Phannita Maya hit 26 runs from 22 balls from number four and shared a 38 run partnership with opener Natthakan Chantham (20 runs from 38 balls). Five of Thailand Women’s batters made a score of one or zero.

THAI-W Bowling

18 year old left-arm spinner Thipatcha Putthawong took the only wicket for Thailand Women in Match 1 and was their best bowler by a distance. She bowled Shamima Sultana and conceded only 23 runs from her four overs. Off-spinner Nattaya Boochatham also bowled well and conceded only 10 runs from her two overs.

THAI-W Form

Thailand Women have lost their last three matches and have beaten only PNG Women in their last five games.