Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Posted: 2 years ago

All matches will be held in just two grounds?

I know they might use different pitches, but, still....

Cheers..

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Women's Asia Cup: Match 2 ---IndW vs Sri LankaW

Squads:

India Women Squad: Shafali Verma, Smriti Mandhana, Sabbhineni Meghana, Harmanpreet Kaur(c), Dayalan Hemalatha, Deepti Sharma, Sneh Rana, Richa Ghosh(w), Pooja Vastrakar, Radha Yadav, Renuka Singh, Kiran Navgire, Jemimah Rodrigues, Meghna Singh, Rajeshwari Gayakwad

Sri Lanka Women Squad: Hasini Perera, Chamari Athapaththu(c), Harshitha Madavi, Anushka Sanjeewani(w), Nilakshi de Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Malsha Shehani, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, Achini Kulasuriya, Tharika Sewwandi, Madushika Methtananda, Rashmi Silva, Kaushani Nuthyangana

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

India

INDW vs SLW Prediction

India women will take on Sri Lanka women in their first match of Women's Asia Cup 2022 today in Sylhet. Indian captain Harmanpreet Kaur is quite confident of team's performance in the tournament and says that she will be giving a long run to players who don't get a place in the playing 11 on a routine basis. India are coming to Asia Cup on back of a super series win over England. India beat England women 3-0 in their own backyard to write history. This was the first time India women made a clean sweep over England in England. Now the focus shifts to the T20s again as Asia Cup begins.

Harman has taken charge as all-format captain for India after the retirement of Mithali Raj this year.

Her game has improved since she became the captain.

She was quizzed on all what has changed for him in the past few months as Harman has been a successful captain for Team India while also scoring runs consistently.

She had been out of form for a long time but has found her green patch again.

Edited by Viswasruti - 2 years ago
Savera84 thumbnail

India

Originally posted by: BeingBlunt

I think adding womens matches to regular teleact has made it like this.

Even otherwise, I feel they are all playing lot of matches. I follow Cricinfo and there used to be days, when there were no matches at all. Now I find at least half a dozen games on most of the days.

Cheers..

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Harmanpreet backs Shafali to turn her form around during Asia Cup

India captain says the fringe players too will be given opportunities so that they can gain confidence going into the T20 World Cup

Savera84 thumbnail

India

India opener Shafali Verma has received firm backing from her captain Harmanpreet Kaur ahead of the T20 Asia Cup, as she looks to turn around her patchy form.

Shafali ended the recent England tour without a half-century across formats; in fact, in six innings, she was dismissed in the single digits four times. Particularly under scrutiny was her lack of footwork, which England seamer Kate Cross exposed by castling her in two back-to-back games with nipbackers.

Savera84 thumbnail

India

Harmanpreet is riding a massive wave of confidence, both as a player and captain. It was only earlier this year when doubts were raised over her prolonged bad patch with the bat. But she has since put them to bed with a series of consistent knocks. The latest was her whirlwind 143 not out in the second ODI in England that elicited comparisons with her epic 171 not out against Australia at the 2017 World Cup semi-final.

"I think I have felt that responsibility right from when I started," she said. "It's something I've enjoyed. Since the time I've been full-time captain, I am enjoying it a lot. My team-mates, support staff, selectors, the BCCI - everyone has been appreciative. You just need support, and the only thing left after that is performance and we are all focused on performances. We all talk only about having each other's back and needing to go out and express ourselves."

In the last few months, she has led India to a silver medal finish at CWG 2022 and followed that up with India's first series win in England, excluding one-off games, in 23 years. Harmanpreet believes that this upturn is because of "enjoying responsibility and faith" of the selectors, board and her own team-mates.

"I think when we went to England, we were looking to play just good cricket," she said. "We didn't put pressure on ourselves that we have to win, we have to do well. We were calculative in our practice sessions; we knew what we were doing and everything was planned. We were working on something; we didn't think that we have come here to create history. We were just going through what we had to do. When you have plans and you're working towards something, the results will come. We are not surprised by what we've done."

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IndiaW Batting and Bowling strengths----

After spending much of the last couple of months in the UK, India Women will relish the chance to compete in the conditions in Sylhet during this tournament.

They arrive at the back of beating England Women 3-0 in a WODI series but losing 2-1 in the WT20I series.

Vice-captain Smriti Mandhana was India Women’s highest run scorer during the WT20I series against England Women and scored 79 not out from 53 balls in Derby. Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur scored 143 not out in the WODI series in Canterbury.

Renuka Singh had an excellent period in the UK, ending the 2022 Commonwealth Games as the top wicket taker with 11 dismissals from five matches. However, we expect off-spinner Sneh Rana, who starred during the WT20Is against England, to enjoy the conditions in Sylhet.

India Women’s form in WT20Is has not been that strong over recent games. They have won only two of their last five matches.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

Sri Lanka Women Batting and Bowling--

This will be Sri Lanka Women’s first matches in this format since they lost all three games during the 2022 Commonwealth Games. They were beaten by England Women by five wickets, by New Zealand Women by 45 tuns and South Africa Women by 10 wickets.

Skipper Chamari Atapathuthu has had a poor run of form across the Women’s CPL, Women’s 6ixty and the 2022 Commonwealth Games. However, she hit 80 not out from 69 balls and 43 runs from 60 balls in her last two WT20Is against India Women.

36 year old left-arm spinner Inoka Ranaweera took the most wickets for Sri Lanka Women in both games of the Commonwealth Games when the made any dismissals. She returned figures of 3-29 against England Women and 3-30 against New Zealand Women.

Sri Lanka Women have won only one of their last nine WT20Is. However, that victory came against India Women in late June.

Viswasruti thumbnail

India

IND-W vs SL-W Pitch Report

The match will be played at the Sylhet International Cricket Stadium, Ground 2. There will be consistent low bounce on this pitch, but there will also be plenty of turns for the spin bowlers. Fluent batting will be a struggle.